Are men superior to women in poker?

U

userme4321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, in quantity who play... Online it's sexually impartial, live, I think woman could charm a lot of guys! All in all, when the cards drop for someone, we got a winner.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its premature to say a quick yes...we have to let the field expand a little more to point where women play poker as much as men do. Yes there has been progress and expansion of the game...but not enough to reach all demographics fairly. I would prefer the answer to this question to be based on stats rather than fear of not being PC.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my humble opinion, women have a strong sense of justice, and therefore they cannot accept the colossal injustice in poker)

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No and to presume so is ignorant i think that it is just a male dominated field but women can become as good at poker as men

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game of poker is based on risk and skill. To many, this sounds like the ultimate level playing field. Others may not think that this is so true. When it comes to playing poker, some believe that men and women play different from one another. Others take this a step further and think that one sex may perform better than the other. Understanding some of the stereotypes and beliefs about poker can help understand the attitudes about the best poker players being men or women.

jdorganic

jdorganic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it’s all about experience and education... so in places where women getting worse education or not at all sure man would be superior in this case

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Not in my opinion. It comes down to numbers. There are far more men that play as opposed to women and that's why we some many more men win. I see women with the "killer instinct" too.

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women are only a small disproportionate population of poker players so you don't hear about them as much but they are equally intelligent and capable of winning it all. I wish more women played the game.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imho, there are alot more Men Playing than Women. Women are equally good possibly better.

:boxing:

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
is a game of skill, concentration and luck! gender cannot influence, although a beautiful woman can use her charm to try to deceive the man!

The secret is to choose the best hands to play and not whether you are a man or a woman!

If we are guided by statistics, of course there are more winning men, because the market is more loaded with men than women, it is like 85% and 15%

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question is so XVII

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just watched T2 lol...for those that do not know..Trainspotting 1 was iconic...anyways in the end, she was always more with it, always...

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

I think that men are definitely better at poker than women. For women, a lot depends on emotions. Men are colder and more calculating. But women are more lucky. But this is just luck.

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even know how to tell women are bluffing. Why can't they be disrespected

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An immodest question, but is it a woman's or a man's game of Poker

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the comment is somewhat out of place, I have seen many good women in poker better than many men, the fact that they look less than men is simple, there are more men than women playing poker, if the number of men and women playing poker were the same I assure you that there were more women in poker finals than there are currently, even so there are many women who have known how to stand out in the game. Regards.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Men are not superior to women in poker. When poker started getting big in the early 2000's our group had 13 men and 4 women playing. While many of the group do not play much now, 1 plays as a sideline to her income and 2 of the others have had some real success playing including a wsop circuit event final table. Those 3 are the lady's. As for the men, I am the only 1 who has had any success. Maybe I am biased after play with the 3 very good poker players but I think if the players were in equal amount you would find the result between the sex's to be the same.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I also think it's nothing more then a ratio of ladies playing versus men. Ladies that dedicate their lives to the game are equally skilled as men.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see no reason why this would be the case.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Men VS Women

I think men are good at not being able to prove this to be right!

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online vs Live

I think it can be much more profitable due to the amount of hands you can play per hour.

B_D_Cout

B_D_Cout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think good poker players are good poker players. Man or woman. I don’t think either is better than the other in general. Plus online poker squashes that. Can be either a man or woman behind the monitor & you’d have no idea

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that although women do not have any world series bracelet
and no one in the top 10 of the best in the world every time I think the distances are getting smaller and if it is due to dedication and passion to sports, men will have very serious problems in the coming years against women who come on the rise