Member Questions for the CardsChat Podcast

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For Amanda -

How did you get so involved with poker? Where did your poker journey begin?
Do you play poker online?
Do you and your dad plan to repeat your 'Tag Team' performance this year at the wsop?
What other WSOP events do you plan to participate in?
What do you like to do most in what 'spare' time you have?

For Jennifer -

Before winning the 2005 WSOP Ladies Event, how did you get your start in poker?
What 2022 WSOP Events do you plan to play?
Given you are a movie star first, do you find that other poker players play differently against you?
Of all the televised or streamed Live Poker shows you have been a part of, which is your favourite?
You always seem to have a very positive and cheery outlook on life in general. How do you stay so positive? And is there anything that makes you angry?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Amanda Botfeld
Q: What question would you like someone to ask you and why?
Q: If you could walk through walls, which places you would invade and why?
Q: What would you do if you found out you could stop time for 1 week?
Q: If you could immediately solve any unsolved mysteries in history, what mystery would you choose and why?
Q: If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?

Jennifer Tilly
Q: If you had to go live on national television for 1 hour with the freedom to talk about anything, what would you talk about during that time?
Q: Which person would you like to see doing your dubling of yourself and which message do you think would be the most memorable?
Q: If you could make one thing that is legal and make it illegal, what should that be and why?
Q: What would be the title of the movie showing your life from birth up to present and why?
Q: If you were a dog, what dog breed would you be and why?

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I LOVE JENNIFER TILLY <3 I HAVE loved her since BOUND one of my all time favourite movies <3
Now I know you all see me throw a lot of love around here BUT I like really really mean it. I freaking love her!!
I have no questions <3 just gratitude. Thank you for your craft, thank you for your light, thank you for being an amazing woman on the felts, thank you for your roles that make me think or laugh or drool and thank you for BLESSING CC with your goodness!!!
Please just tell her thank you <3 Ugh <3

Last edited:
Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!:ciao:
Questions for Jennifer Tilly:
1. Please tell the story of your alias - Tilly.
2. Many actors, especially men, play poker. How does it feel to be the first movie star to win a bracelet?
3. Phil appears in very unusual costumes. Do you participate in the selection of costumes for Phil?
4. Do you like bluffing? Do you have any vivid stories about your bluff against professionals that you could tell about?
5. You dress quite openly for many tournaments. Is this a strategic step?
6. Are there any poker players that you dream of beating?
7. You are a successful actress. Do you play poker for fun or for the sake of winning?
Thank you very much!:girl:

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Questions for Jennifer Tilly:
1. Please tell the story of your alias - Tilly.
2. Many actors, especially men, play poker. How does it feel to be the first movie star to win a bracelet?
3. Phil appears in very unusual costumes. Do you participate in the selection of costumes for Phil?
4. Do you like bluffing? Do you have any vivid stories about your bluff against professionals that you could tell about?
5. You dress quite openly for many tournaments. Is this a strategic step?
6. Are there any poker players that you dream of beating?
7. You are a successful actress. Do you play poker for fun or for the sake of winning?

See these are solid questions <3 hehe If I was not such a fan of Jennifer's I might be able to come up with one or two!!
BUT she is BY far my favourite poker player and also my favourite actor <3 the double whammy is too much for me hehe <3 I can only send gratitude :)

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
For Amanda:
Q: What was going through your mind before starting the WSOP Tag Team final table last year and did you do anything different to prepare for that?
Q: What has driven you to help others write books?
Q :How much more poker do you think you'll play going forward?
Q: What initially drew you to write articles for CardsChat?
Q: With all of the attention that women in poker are getting right now, what do you think the lay of the landscape will be in 3 years?

For Jennifer
Q: You are part Canadian growing up in BC. What is your fondest memory of growing up on canada's west coast and do you return often?
Q: What was the driving factor in retiring from poker back in 2008 and what drew you back into the game a few years later?
Q: What acting role was or is your favorite one to do?
Q: What was it about Phil Laak that attracted you to him & do you see you two getting married down the road?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can we get some questions in really fast for Dan Addelman and Bryan Jacobs from D&B? We will be interviewing them later today!

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Can we get some questions in really fast for Dan Addelman and Bryan Jacobs from D&B? We will be interviewing them later today!

Is this one podcast? Will they be together?

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
For Dan:
Q: You have commented in the past that you don't play poker but have you ever been invited to play, especially being around the World Series?
Q: Has there ever been a tricky poker book you have published and what made it tricky?
Q: What do you believe your next poker book you'll publish will be about?
Q: If you could envision an ideal year for the company, how much content would you publish?
Q: Do you really like listening to player's bad beat stories as they leave the poker room?

For Bryon:
Q: Have you decided to play in any WSOP events this year?
Q: How many pitches do you review from people a year on average?
Q: With the move to e-books, do you think people are consuming more or less written poker content these days?
Q: Given how big podcasting is, do you see your company venturing into that space?
Q: You recently published a book from Amanda Botfeld who contributes to CardsChat. If you were to guess, what percentage of people who buy your books are women and is that growing at a fast enough pace?

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I am glad that my questions will be answered I have the same many questions appear learn more about the strategy of the game I am glad that you will devote your precious time to us:)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For Dan and Byron -

Do you plan on setting up a booth at the WSOP this year? Where can people find you if they happen to be at the WSOP?
Which poker book is your best selling to date?

For Dan -

Given the variety of books you do publish, which game is the biggest seller? Do you

For Byron -

If you do not really care to play live poker, does that mean you have been known to play online poker? If so, what games do you play and where?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Dan Addelman
Q: If you were to pick one luxury item that you can never sell, what would you pick and why?
Q: If only you could read people's minds to your advantage, would you read them or do you think this is unethical?
Q: What is your most treasured memory?
Q: If you had the ability to erase something that you did in the past, what
would it be and why?
Q: What is something you probably should do, but will never do and why?
Q: If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?

Byron Jacobs
Q: If you were in a high-speed chase, what song would you want blaring on the radio and why?
Q: What is one dream you have yet to accomplish?
Q: If you could do one thing without suffering the consequences, what would you do and why?
Q: What are the hard truths you choose to ignore but know you shouldn't?
Q: What would you do if you were all of a sudden invisible?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Questions for Dan Addelman and Bryan:

1. You guys are so different. One of you is better versed in poker because he plays, and the other is more passionate about marketing, advertising, and so on. How do you manage to work in tandem for so many years? Is it easy for you to agree among yourselves when making decisions?
2. Question to each one individually: do you have a favorite book among the books you have published that you really liked?
3. Today your publishing house is so well-known that, in my opinion, you are the main actors here: you decide what you will publish and what not. But I'm sure it was different: at the very beginning, when you were just climbing. Have the selection criteria changed? Were there any books that you agreed to publish just because you were noticed and approached?
4. The modern world is a world of digital technologies. People can get any information on the Internet. There are blogs, videos, articles, specialized websites. Is it difficult to remain in demand with such a big competition?
5. Why did you decide to start publishing audiobooks? Which is more popular today: printed books or audiobooks?
6. In the topic you have chosen, it is quite difficult to talk about the immortality of books. Your books, in my opinion, cannot be classified as immortal, because the information is updated from year to year and the existing data becomes outdated. Is there a bestseller among your books that was popular 10 years ago and now?
7. Do you have a development plan? Innovative ideas? You are expanding from year to year. What to expect from you in the future?
8. Do you have a story of an absolutely unknown author who gained popularity due to the fact that you decided to publish his book?
9. Would you like to speak at the WSOP with your team (D&B publishing house)? I think it would be a great marketing ploy: a publishing house that publishes books about poker wins a world event.
10. You always promote book authors and their books, but stay away. Do you think it matters in which edition the book was published?
11. Would you like to write a biography of your company?
12. Black Friday: was it a rise or fall in the development of your company?
13. You both have children. Would you like them to continue your work?

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am glad that my questions will be answered I have the same many questions appear learn more about the strategy of the game I am glad that you will devote your precious time to us:)

But you didn't ask any questions to them..

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We just announced that we are starting a CardsChat podcast:

CardsChat is Launching a Podcast!

This thread is where you submit questions to ask podcast guests questions that we will answer during our weekly podcasts.

We will let you know in advance when we have a guest you can submit questions for.

Here are some ideas of questions you can submit that would be considered:

Guests - you can submit questions about their experiences in poker, strategy questions, what they are currently involved in - and just about anything you want to know about them.
This is nice. There are a lot of questions without answers. Thank you for the forum.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
So this is just a thought....

I get logistically it might be difficult to do this but it would be neat if we had actual CC members ask the members questions is certain podcasts. Would be a great way to meet poker icons that are interviewed and involve the community even more in the podcast series

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Untitled 1

Looks that our friend @Robbie Strazynski is more comfortable now.

Wait a minute, drinking Dr. Pepper? Refrigerant? What happened? And the amaretto? Hahahaha :ROFLMAO:

davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is excellent news I hope to send my questions as there is not always the possibility to ask people who have a lot of knowledge in the world of poker

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
this is excellent news I hope to send my questions as there is not always the possibility to ask people who have a lot of knowledge in the world of poker
Hello!🙋‍♀️💞
This is really a great opportunity to learn more about people famous in the poker industry!😇
But I would like to draw your attention to the fact that there are also professional players on the forum and, thanks to Cardschat, we all have the opportunity to ask them anything at any time!
Here are links to some of them:
Matt Voughan

Ashley Sleeth
Dara O'Kearney
Evan Jarvis
Good luck!💞

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Can i ask questions for jennifer tilly? I adore her. This is one of my favorite female poker players! If I'm not late with my questions, here they are:
1. Does the profession of an actor help you in playing poker?)
2. How often did you get a combination of cards in poker - a royal flush?
3. You are a bright and beautiful woman. Does Phil get jealous of the male players next to you at the poker table?
4. Always wondered what kind of perfume do you usually wear? Unfortunately, the TV screen or monitor does not transmit the smell. When I watch a show with your participation, I always ask myself this question .
Thanks!💖💖💖

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Can i ask questions for jennifer tilly? I adore her. This is one of my favorite female poker players! If I'm not late with my questions, here they are:
1. Does the profession of an actor help you in playing poker?)
2. How often did you get a combination of cards in poker - a royal flush?
3. You are a bright and beautiful woman. Does Phil get jealous of the male players next to you at the poker table?
4. Always wondered what kind of perfume do you usually wear? Unfortunately, the TV screen or monitor does not transmit the smell. When I watch a show with your participation, I always ask myself this question .
Thanks!💖💖💖
Honey, I'm afraid it's getting late.😔
It's a pity, because you have such interesting questions.💞💞💞

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
So this is just a thought....

I get logistically it might be difficult to do this but it would be neat if we had actual CC members ask the members questions is certain podcasts. Would be a great way to meet poker icons that are interviewed and involve the community even more in the podcast series
Involve community even more? So when you are going to be guest there :unsure:
Surely sooner (rather than later) some cardchat moderator and/or admin needs to make guest apperance in this podcast - they cant escape from it forever -.-