thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, poker is a set of sum of several factors, both you have to have a good psychological side and you have to have the mathematical and technical knowledge of the game to develop good poker, it's no use having the good psychological side and not knowing the technical and mathematical part of the game and the opposite too, right, it's no use having mathematical knowledge and if the psychological side is not good then it's a set of several factors.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what do you use more playing poker Mathematics or Psychology?
60/40 Psychology/ Math. Math when required, Psycology all the time, trying to get a read on the other person.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would single out exactly that and that option. So say mathematical psychology. Abilities in both directions will help you in the game

zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Psychology and math both are complete each other l

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Most of the time I use psychology when it comes to poker. Math often fails on the last map.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I play live poker I use both math and psychology. A week ago I was playing live 8 max cash hold'em, and at a table of 8 players, 6 were loose players, in this case I only used math because the range of opponents' hands was unreadable. When I play with intermediate level players, then I use psychology and mathematics. In online poker, software such as Hold'em Manager, PokerTracker or Hand2Note helps a lot. Of course, I can use my own observations or notes, but it is most convenient to use software.

Last edited:
Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
what do you use more playing poker Mathematics or Psychology?
If you manage to unite mathematics and good psychology mainly with patience, you will rarely get BAD from someone!(y):unsure:✌️

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
From what i observe in my game i conclude that psychology trumps math in my case...

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I probably tend to use mathematics more, although of course I understand that psychology is also very important. But we must also honestly say that without luck, mathematics and psychology will not give us the desired result.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Theoretically, both are needed, but it is true that a man with skills and a relaxed approach is also not in a lost position and can win. In an online game, psychology is definitely in the background, skills come first.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
both, although with cards it is preferable to rely on mathematics, now when you are in a rough patch, good psychology is the best.
You'll win most hands without cards, so you need to know when.

A

Atom Winner

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I play a lot from the gut
Mathematics makes moore sense in Black Jack

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In during play in Poker I try to use at the same time and mathematics and psychology, and, of course, my Intuition! Something like that!

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
So the best solution will be mathematics with psychology. I don't think one without the other makes sense.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
both should be used, depending on the different situations that arise.

Q

Quikcue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Believe me, it won't help you win. Only the computer program decides whether you win or lose.
I don't believe the program is biased about who the winner will be . I think the analog dealer is repetitive if you stay at the same site you will notice the hands being dealt with similarities. I m sure that some people track this or remember how it played out previously. If a poker site programed favorites or favored particular players it seems to me they wouldn't last long .
Continuing with this topic of the program deciding who will win and hand repetition . It's not the specific player that is singled out for the win . It's the position the order in which the cards are dealt and it will change based on people folding . I think that all the online poker sites use bots that play to the level of the table they are at , not necessarily to win but to keep the competition level even and honestly progressive

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe both are important. I use math a lot, but there has to be that little bit of luck that the river hits that card you need or the one you hope doesn't come. :ROFLMAO:

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't believe the program is biased about who the winner will be . I think the analog dealer is repetitive if you stay at the same site you will notice the hands being dealt with similarities. I m sure that some people track this or remember how it played out previously. If a poker site programed favorites or favored particular players it seems to me they wouldn't last long .

I also don't believe the program is based about who the winner will be. But there are several thousand players on poker room and some of them were ''unlucky'' yesterday or the day before yesterday. Instead you were lucky those days. Therefore, I believe that their turn and time come to be ''lucky'' today for example.

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
you have to combine both to be a good player

Q

Quikcue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I also don't believe the program is based about who the winner will be. But there are several thousand players on poker room and some of them were ''unlucky'' yesterday or the day before yesterday. Instead you were lucky those days. Therefore, I believe that their turn and time come to be ''lucky'' today for example.
Every card player has spurts sometimes it's one or two hands sometimes it's one or two days where the cards just seem to fall into your hand .Most days you have to be very selective on what cards to play and always have to watch and change your selection based on the pattern of the day . Ex, if your holding K Q suited red and 67 flops black repeatedly then I start playing more middle range cards not that I fold my KQ but open my range to accept the cards that have been falling . Usually the cards will fall in somekind of pattern .For an extended period of hands .

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Obviously is mainly mathematics,because the poker machine deals so as you play.But psychology is for that you dare risky play.