Mathematics or psychology

Q

Quikcue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Obviously is mainly mathematics,because the poker machine deals so as you play.But psychology is for that you dare risky play.
There is a risk in any bet made there are no sure hands unless you flop a Royal . That means at anytime any card can make you or break you .

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
these are two very important factors for the game))) and they are used in different places in cash games - mathematics, and in CC freerolls - psychology)))

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I favor psychology over mathematics, but cannot say it is a general rule. Sometimes, I just know I have the nuts (because of math) so out the window goes psychology.

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
A good poker player should be able to combine both aspects of the game - mathematics and psychology. Mathematics helps me make rational decisions, and psychology allows me to analyze and predict actions

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Math is probably more important online but the problem is: I'm old and don't think fast enough for the speed of the game. And I am just not that good at math. So I try and play as many hands as I can to see the outcomes and try my best to remember when I am in the same situation. And I only play 1 screen at a time!

muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it certainly involves both, mathematics and psychology, having these two weapons, the probability of winning will certainly be greater, and consequently the probability of losing will be smaller.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take it like a deck of cards, half in one and the other half in the other. In respect to both elements that is mention, they both have there time in place. Just like sitting those cards on a table, you shuffle them and see what tools you need to to be successful. Neither one as important as the other until you need them,

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Mathematics sure ... Psychology possible Someone may deceive you with his reaction

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Every card player has spurts sometimes it's one or two hands sometimes it's one or two days where the cards just seem to fall into your hand .Most days you have to be very selective on what cards to play and always have to watch and change your selection based on the pattern of the day . Ex, if your holding K Q suited red and 67 flops black repeatedly then I start playing more middle range cards not that I fold my KQ but open my range to accept the cards that have been falling . Usually the cards will fall in somekind of pattern .For an extended period of hands .

It is hard to find the truth. Maybe you are right, maybe mistaken. The same applies to me. The developers of the online poker program will never share with you information about how it works.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It would be nice to take these two facts into account in the final decision, but I think the math is more stable, so I trust the math more in the final decision!!!

Tanamita

Tanamita

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
haha, math is definitely top, it's my favorite school subject

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Mathematics are automatic to me after playing many years and learning the pot odds so I focus on psycholgy what does the bet tell me.Big bet= fold, I call,small bet= call, I fold.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
both go hand in hand, in this card game you can't separate one from the other, both sciences go together, and whoever applies only one of them, I think he would be wrong

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
you need to calculate combinations of opponents, while taking into account their actions, combining this with their style of play

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that math will always be a part of the game but reading ur opponent is as important for sure since ill play really different against a good solid reg then against a maniac who overbet every flop.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Poker is a game that combines elements of mathematics and psychology, and the importance of each of these aspects can vary depending on the type of poker you are playing and your playing style. Both are critical to success in poker, and successful players often combine mathematical and psychological skills effectively.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think psychology, you can understand whether a player is bluffing or not and yourself can deceive anyone.:)

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Both. You need to be well with your psychology side so you can think better about the mathematics possibilities in the hand. So it’s a combination of both.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would say more mathematics than psychology
plus a little more mathematics, for example 70% mathematics 30% piscicology

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
what do you use more playing poker Mathematics or Psychology?
Because I am old and also bad at math, I play more by memorizing charts and playing by intuition and experience. It's not a great method but it's still entertaining.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Math is king, but online you need both

M

mtr55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PA
Chips
what do you use more playing poker Mathematics or Psychology?

I think that part is very situational when there is greater possibility of a mathematical factor, use it to your advantage.