Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
what do you use more playing poker Mathematics or Psychology?
In my case, poker is probably more mathematics than psychology. I am calm, never nervous, and therefore my psychological state is always stable. But yes, of course, psychology is also very important.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My conclusion so far after reading your comments is the following:
1 - I don't have to take math into account in my poker game because RNG will eliminate me... I have to throw AA because the one who has 7 2 will eliminate me because he has more chips
2 - I have to take into account mathematics in my poker game because that is what the rules of poker are based on
3 - I don't have to rely on luck
4 - I have to rely on luck
5 - Psychologically, I have to put pressure on my opponent
6 - Psychologically, I must not act when pressure is put on me
I'm still waiting for comments, I'm sure that after I read more I'll become a good football player....
Please take it as a pamphlet, all the situations described are real
:p :p :p

I think you've already become a good football player! :LOL:
Check it! ))

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me both are important. In mathematics, probability can make all the difference in your game and psychologically, understanding the motivations and characteristics of your opponents and your own mentality (this is the most important thing for me). If poker were just a game of chance, it wouldn't attract so many people. The dynamics of poker is mainly focused on strategy and it depends on two essential factors, mathematics and psychology.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
online - calculations
live - psych

Along with patience, discipline, etc

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it would be 50 to 50, both are very important in poker. I think that if you manage to master those two things you can be a great professional.

pabbl

pabbl

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Feeling is it! I feel it in my Guts...

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe it requires both, I do think math is more relevant on the online game where Physiology and match play more of a role in the live game.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
80% mathematics 10% psychology 10% luck heheheh

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Glad for you that you know all about random number generators or the related algorithm they are using. :LOL:

I'm sure you've based your opinion off of many observed situations.

Do you honestly think the thousands of mid & high stakes MTT players would play even one game at all if what you're suggesting is true?????
Wouldn't THEIR observations, (also based upon MILLIONS of tracked hands) be more credible?

I really don't care what you think about the deal in online poker. I know I am 100% confident with it and I stopped having it be a concern around 15years ago. (yes, I posted something along the lines of what you're posting here now, but fortunately I pursued it further with the help of many players and was able to let go of that notion very quickly. Thankfully I must say as it enabled me to get on with it, take responsibility for my game, and to put in the time necessary to actually win. (winning is very motivating).

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't use mathematics anymore, because it doesn't change, it's just one thing, always and I've already learned it, so I know it doesn't change. That said, I could say that I use psychology more, since there are several hours playing every day. I believe that the psychological must always be controlled.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mathematics, because psychology is very subjective, in the game of poker there is a logical question, which is mathematical probability, when you receive your cards in your hand you already have an idea of what your winning keys are, but as part of poker it is a game of bad luck - the greater your chances of winning, the greater your losing keys.
The question of psychology in observing the behavior of players, unfortunately, this is something to deceive. It's no use wanting to predict the other player's move, as this is very relative, as the player can pretend to be pessimistic or optimistic, so it's best to trust the statistics.

Stephen _b

Stephen _b

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
You probably need both as part of your overall game. The mats is good to know but I have lost a lot of hands when I had the mats on my side. The ability to read other players is key also, if you can pick up that someone is playing a maths based game you can exploit them with under bets and keep them in the pot when you have the nuts and over bet with your weaker hands and try get them to fold.
Good question, gives me something to think about for a few hours. Thanks

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's both. Mathematics to calculate risk/reward and Psychology for strategy.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Believe me, it won't help you win. Only the computer program decides whether you win or lose.
Huh??? So the poker site makes a conscious decision about which player is going to win each hand? To what end? How would that kind of software be of any value to the poker site? What does the site have against you, or any of your opponents? How does it decide when it wants you to win or lose?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I use both mathematics and psychology. These two factors are necessary for a successful game. Of course, luck is also necessary, but your own skills will always be a priority.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just go all in. What are you talking about?

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I use the all-in rebuy strategy - just kidding! Without a bit of luck, mathematics won't help.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Both are important for success. Mathematics helps with informed decisions, calculating odds, and maximizing profitability. Psychology, on the other hand, helps exploit opponents' weaknesses and manage emotions. Finding a balance between the two is key. Understand the math behind the game, but also adapt to opponents and situations using psychological insights. Incorporating both will make you a well-rounded player. Keep studying and improving in both areas. Best of luck at the tables!

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think math is more important if you have a little luck .
You'll be the best at poker .

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Math in online poker is very important, and in addition to math, there are many aspects to the game...

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to use both factors. The complex helps to build the game during the session.