Which Makes You Angrier?

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get upset over rng anymore. It's absolutely part of the game and I'd learned to accept it.

D

desmond weinberger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making a great play for sure. It happens so often where I get sucked out on going into the river 95%. But what can you do?

S

SawViper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I get more angrier with getting sucked out as I take those chances where I make mistakes and try to learn from them. Let's see I was overplaying with AK when I didn't hit a good flop and I get destroyed. I then look back to see how well the flop turn and river cards hit their range to see if I should have been trying to bluff them off certain hands. Also if i'm getting called I can see why they called and design better bluffs to get them to fold. Ex: 56S vs 98S Flop goes 5 2 9 giving me mid pair and them top pair. If I think they might have top pair I would make a bigger bet to try to blow them off the winning hand however if I think they have mid pair with higher kicker i can do a smaller bet.

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

it annoys me when I finish as penultimate and I have a chance to win either a ticket or money:):):)

E

elpolloloco95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish Players winning with fishy moves especially when the stakes are higher

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
irritated

1. making a great play and a great move and get sucked out by a 1-4 outer for example . like lets say you make a great play and put opponent all in on the flop and he has 1-4 outs and hits it on the turn or river

or

2. playing bad and making a bad decision . opponent making you look dumb lol . overplaying your hand , bluffing off your money even though he/she has it , etc

me personally I actually get more angry with nr.2 ...when I play bad and feel sometimes worse if I lost more money with case 1. (playing great but getting sucked out) even

my ego gets very hurt whenever I make a bad play
what makes me the most angry is when I have good cards and the guy next to the allin preflop and my cards come on the table and the guy had nothing there but I get angry.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what makes me angry?
waking up and finding out your dog shit on the floor on the middle of the night as your walking in the dark to the washroom stepping in it as im heading to take a pee

that makes me angry!

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly playing badly and making a bad decision in relation to the opponent makes me very angry.
Baldy86, I have the second option proposed to answer your question.

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is making me angry is that I am not able to play or play these days lol

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Between playing good and catching a bad beat and playing bad and making bad decisions, I think in the past I would have consistently said playing bad bothers me more. But the truth is that I may just be kidding myself about that. In the moment they both suck pretty equally. For most players, the prevalent logic goes that you can't do anything about luck, but how you play is within your own control. So most players would probably say they hate it more when they play bad.

But the truth is I don't think that I play bad all that often. I'm not saying that I play perfect and never make mistakes. But I'm not the type of player that jams my entire stack in or calls it off on a draw. I'm not going to bluff off 70x to try to win a pot with 18x in it. So if I put someone on a bluff, but turn out to be wrong, I can live with it. I don't really have to hard of a time shaking it off and moving on.

On the other hand, when I take a bad beat after getting sucked out on, I can often recall exactly how the hand played out for days afterwards. And I know I harp on this a lot, but with long late entry periods and unlimited re-entries, players tend to play differently. They are willing to take more chances knowing that they can re-enter a tourney. So those bad beats and suck outs seem to happen with greater frequency. In fact what might bother me as much as being sucked out on, or even more, is to get sucked out on by some with a high variance style of play and see them catapulted way up the leaderboard. And then, twenty minutes later, they've already blown off all of their chips and bought back in two more times.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
1. making a great play and a great move and get sucked out by a 1-4 outer for example . like lets say you make a great play and put opponent all in on the flop and he has 1-4 outs and hits it on the turn or river

or

2. playing bad and making a bad decision . opponent making you look dumb lol . overplaying your hand , bluffing off your money even though he/she has it , etc

me personally I actually get more angry with nr.2 ...when I play bad and feel sometimes worse if I lost more money with case 1. (playing great but getting sucked out) even

You cannot play good Poker with an Ego!
Ego's in, Ego's Broke!
A quote from a very good Professional Player, and it is so very true, If I ever get angry playing Poker on-line I would shut it down and play Solitaire for a while, or go do something else like taking a long walk so I could reflect on where I played wrong.
Because if you play with an Ego you will make some really Dumb Mistakes.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i lost (again) with my AA pre-flop against a fish with bad cards.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't bother much, if I play a hand bad, make a mistake, run out from patiance, as everybody do it. I can live with that. Part of the game, and I know, I am profitable on my level, so probably make less mistakes than the majority of the players. (Never would call myself good, as I am not, how most of those are not, who call themselves good. The profitable is enough.)

But I really get mad because of the unbelievable 'bad beats', even I think, they should call it somehow differently in online poker.

Examples are almost countless, like the days long river beats and relegations against 1-3 outs, when the backdoor straight, flush series going on, especially happens both with me deep in tourneys, so most of the times it is pre-flop allin or fold, can't do anything against it, even I choose the right situation, hand, and have 80-90% preflop chance to win the hand. Especially angry, when near to an end of day, session, after 8-10 hours playing, being deep in 3-6 tourneys within 5-10 minutes it happpens on all of the tables...

And it happens more often than the probability it has. Often I make my own mistakes in these times, after 3-4 fast relegation in situation like that, usually I do something stupid on the other tables, too.
The FT 'bad luck', suck with AA, or the heads-up insanities, even when I go in double or 4 times higher stack, and the opponent is in allin/fold, and he beats my nuts, 80-85% preflop win chance hands in a row 5-6 times... It is easy to count how big chance it has, and it still happens again and again...

And I could mention plenty more, days, weeks or sometimes months long crazy runs, makes me really angry, especially when it goes through for days without a bit pause...

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I quickly switch, why dwell on what has already happened, you can exclude it in the future, but why be angry.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate losing to trips when I have aces

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest disappointment and anger iswhen i repeat certain mistakes that make me lose a good game.

K

kefapos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 72, two more players have AA and KK. They keep reraising preflop and I fold. They are almost all in and the pot is massive. The flop is 772 ...grrrrrr

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
...to lose !!!

It makes me angry ... to lose !!! In that sense I resemble Donald Trump a lot.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::cool:

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
or 2. playing bad and making a bad decision . opponent making you look dumb lol . overplaying your hand , bluffing off your money even though he/she has it , etc
hi hi baldy!! :ciao:
after about 2 years play poker & get so upset when bad beaters
now no bother me
it all just poker, sometime i hit flush on river, sometime i get bad beating
can't get upset - that poker

blond.jpg

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The second option is more angry that she played stupidly, this lowers her self-esteem. The first option is more luck. and the second is you yourself, your skill, experience.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing

or

i hate it when you play bad and know it and still push the damn odds lol. i hate making mistakes on the table and in life. Mistakes that are my fault that are super obvious to avoid. i hate it when i deliberately tilt punt lol. or when you get drunk and blow your roll for now reason or recollection. hahahaha