Luck vs brain

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its always better to be smart. That way you will be smart enough to make your own luck.

N

Nevermind25

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite a difficult choice. It is necessary to turn on the brain, but personally, my friends and I have repeatedly come across the fact that playing against a weak player, doing everything perfectly, all the same, you lose stupidly because the weak player makes incomprehensible actions, and you understand that this cannot continue for a long time and go to decisive action.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Luck is changeable, the brain never. But the best result is when they play together.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be at least good enough to break even because of your skills...
Then the luck you will eventually have will generate a profit for you.

If you only rely on getting more lucky than everyone else on the table
your chances of failure are pretty high.

Poker is not about getting better hands than your opponents. It's more about
losing a little with the bad hands and winning a lot with the good ones.

C

Charbilkh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad luck can kill everything

If ur luck is not with u dont bother yourself bad beats gonna keep coming

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
poker is talent

to be honest I my self have been having some pretty ugly bad beats, poker is not so much about luck but it is still a factor, it takes pure skill and the ability to deduce situations and collect information, this I have learnt ova the period of time that i have been playing

Y

YogSothoth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brainzzz

Luck is the word we use when there is an absence of data. If I flip a coin, we know there is a 50/50 chance of hitting heads, because there are two possible outcomes making the odds 2:1. However, in the action of flipping that coin - just like in the action of an algorithm dealing you cards online - there are always physics determining the only possible outcome. If we could apply/measure a specific amount of force used for the coin flip, gravity pulling it down and wind etc, it is possible to *predict* the outcome with 100% certainty.

Odds are what we use to deal with the absence of data, in the same way we use maths to quantify and navigate the world. That's why the understanding of odds - using our braaainzzz - is what brings us success in poker. It's our best shot at navigating the competition, in much the same way maths is our best shot at - whether we like it or not - understanding the foundations of pretty much everything, but neither exist without our say so.

People run into trouble when they view luck as magic.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion luck and skill go hand and hand. You can have skill but luck is needed to get far in tournaments. Luck will help you get far in tournaments but you probably won't win.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Luck to me is if, for example, I check 72o in the BB and the flop is 772. Brain to me is what makes me think and strategize and know when to hold or fold. Mostly, for me, brain wins.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alternatively, this is the golden mean and good luck at the poker tables friend!

R

RUNRRUNRTO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There’s no question that every player needs the variance gods AKA luck to be on their side in getting you to a final table or few. But ultimately, it’s going to be skill that makes you a profitable player, in the long term.

norwoox

norwoox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Experience, brain, luck. To play well, you need to own all three qualities. As cool as you are at poker, luck is present in most hands. How often do people lose with A.A., when it would seem what could be better?)

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its takes alot of practice to turn anything into skill especially even poker. That is something you have control over. Luck is involved to but is not good to only rely on it because it wont get you far. Practice makes perfect. Good luck.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello friend both, but intelligence and the study of the game will lead you to master your game and your rivals more, although on certain occasions you need a little luck:D

F

fabricio trindade13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
é um jogo mental e de paciência.

s boyVós

MsUniverse

MsUniverse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The creator of this theme, you are absolutely right in what you wrote, I have the same opinion.

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
| GOOD LUCK should always be there, without luck, wrong way. UM excellent! In the game of poker, this must be mutually connected. Good luck everyone.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Surely luck is very welcome, but we can't count on it, we have to have a balance between luck and play rationally.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is good, but if we don't think about it, then why play poker at all?

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are lucky in poker, I think it means that the odds (in a hand) are against you, and still you win this hand. So eventually the brain will always win, not every hand, not every game, but in the end.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The brain also plays a small part in all this, but I think luck has the biggest part in poker.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The Brain first and foremost, Poker is a game where a lucky player will win every now and again, but a Skillful player will win most over a long period of time, I used to run a game for a local pub and many times I finished in the top 4 in the League we ran.
I had qualified for about the 5th time to play the Regional Final in Manchester and I gave my seat up to the 5th place finisher, when the landlord found out he asked me why?
I simply told him I was sick of just qualifying in 2nd, 3rd or even 4th place and would start going again when I actually won 1st place and won the League Trophy, he just laughed and said " who says you are going to win" "I do!" I replied and I won the next 2 seasons back to back. I was confident I could win it because I was the only one in the pub that ate, drank and slept Poker!
All the other players were satisfied in their playing skill and were happy to play each week, winning the odd game, but I would play on-line and watch videos of games and read poker books because I wanted more from the game, I wanted to be the best and take that trophy down. If only to prove to myself that if you put your mind to it anything is possible.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Pammypoo

Pammypoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well poker is really a game of skill in the long run. If you follow the rules and use math.. But us dumbos have to win sometime or we would quit playing. You gonna have ups and downs but in the long haul the skilled players grab the cookies. Poker is sometimes mentally hard to deal with like you can get on a bad run using all your skills but as long as you know the rules and use the math you know in the long run you will take my damn money:mad::p;)