frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I had never liked to gamble, I just beginning to play poker because I discover I could have an edge over other players through math. So I believe when I play a game where my main goal is to earn money then I play a game that I know will make me lose money, it can be a signal of adictment, a bad mindset.

T

The Driller

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about a lucky day!!

Every poker player ask for the secret of some lucky days, were in the same evening we keep win monsters hands after hands, after...
In an opposed way, some evening we keep playing for hours without any action or we flopped playable hands with disappointment results.

A 100% that poker could be a profitable game, to the person who could discover the secret. :idea:

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like im LUCKY, very seldom. If I win, its because i worked my butt off:) I mean brain..LOL

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that at the same time we must be lucky and also wisdom because we must have the management strategy , Skill, skill, aptitude, ability… Call it as you want, but keep in mind. Sorry, but if yesterday missed a game of paddle tennis, it is not because you had luck. Something similar - and we say similar- occurs in poker. If you are good, or at least the best of the Bureau, it is most likely that you win. We say likely because in poker luck plays a crucial factor.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck ia not a limited comodity, that will run out in the long term. Luck will last as long as you wish to play, however knowing the game is very useful

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ggg

Hi there, i believe 70 per cent is luck and the other 30 is skill.Making a bluff is not luck if you make opponent believe you are winning is skill.Good luck.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think that at pokerstars u need only luck. You can win with any hand, you just need luck. :)

Baba Orielly

Baba Orielly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As Ma said, "You make your own luck." I believe knowing how people are playing stands for a lot. But I always try a few games to see how "my luck" is for that day.

NickeLine22

NickeLine22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  • “If there weren’t luck involved, I would win every time.” ~ Phil Hellmuth
  • But more - brain))

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in poker without luck, no where, you can play with any card if you have luck

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, exclusively in poker, be lucky to have a good brain, and you will be lucky at the tables.

PS: but luck will always continue to have greater weight to define the champion of the tournament. :icon_sant

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I truly believe that brain is the key to avoid the worst escenary from variance (luck).
Sometimes I want to crush my device when the river shows me a nightmare....but the true is that can be prevented.
Luck is indeed very important on long tournaments... But when the luck is not on your side you allways got your brain.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I play a lot with brain but luck is not with me, with pocket pair flop an opponent for having much more chips than I call and his straight is drawn,
MY HAND IS 88 THE OPPONENT'S HAND IS J9 OFF THE FLOP 4 8 6 TURN 7
RIVER 5

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find its a balance, but being a bit of an all-in kinda player luck is key!

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

Better to be lucky at poker than a master.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Almost all poker players have knowledge and skills. Especially professionals. Who wins? The one with more luck wins. Here is the answer to the question. Luck never loses.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Knowledge is not always enough but it dose help sometimes luck will always beat the brain lol:deal:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

TCeNTuRioN

TCeNTuRioN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
both no luck no gain
no brain no gain
We looking for a mix often on the final run on tournaments

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! Good Brains, of course, are most of important thing for every Human,:cool:
but...without Luck is anywhere too!:deal: This means, as a Great Cake,:)but...only with Cherry on up!:D

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, from my point of view, luck is surely very important. But poker is not entirely about luck, here's my experience: I wasn't playing poker for a while because I'm a student and the university is really difficult and I don't have enough time for this and when I came back, I noticed that I started finishing tournaments earlier than before and that I stopped getting cashed like earlier and this is when I realized that you need to always practice and it's not 100% luck...

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe luck and skill are essential ingredients in poker.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck vs Brain

I will take brain over skill all day, no fishing involved and you will win every time. If some one goes all in pre flop you are depending on luck . If it is reasoable as in a minimum bet then call other then that just fold. The fish will always run out of air, Capo1014

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could say that it is 50 to 50 but it is not always like that, luck has more factor to put bad hands with those ways of playing