Luck vs brain

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You count on the luck factor with brain, even it is responsible for the tilts, too

2:1 for the brain, at least, in the live poker

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
crazy this

it drives me crazy. because wanting to be lucky speaks louder than the reason for the cards themselves

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck plays a massive part in poker when you are chasing you're draws winning the flips etc. But mostly skill you have to pick you're spots wisely and study the table to know what each of you're opponents are at..

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Luck is of course important, but brains are needed more to win!

P

PEGAMEUALLIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always count on both, always use them

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that you cannot depend on luck in poker and in almost any aspect of life. Luck is not something we can handle and it will not always be for or against, in the long run, luck does not exist. And in poker it shows, someone with luck can win a tournament but possibly cannot have good results later.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very digital, not linear..

Luck or skill, that's a binary choice: either 0 or 1; no in between.
We hope for maximum luck and skill, because both are necessary for success.

You play the odds, the probabilities, to a certain point, you can't rely on pure numbers, that's where the needed luck comes in.

ITM, it's easy to say, "I had all the skill today.." But the reality is you caught that last suited card on the river, when you were on the bubble.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
poker strategy

Good afternoon friends....
I make this post to know your opinions.
I firmly believe that luck in poker is a very necessary resource, but in turn very dangerous to use as a game system.
I await your opinions.
regards:)

the reason you're even considering luck in poker is due to the amount of bad players who play micro and low buy-in events. don't let suck outs and bad beats prevent you from becoming a good poker player, look at videos and read blogs and so on Daniel negraneau has many poker tutorials on you tube that will definitely help you improve your game play and strategy. the goal should be to build a good enough bankroll to play mid and high range buy in events, I guarantee you the experience will be different.:D:D:D

J

Jyko3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to make a big brain move and he just has a card droped for him and I lose with the best hand possible

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just think about it...

just think about it. because the mind knows it won't turn. but doubt makes you bet on luck. so we often have to rely on luck for lack of high mental and emotional control