GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In this game you need two things skill is accompanied by fate many times but always the smartest win

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brain is a must, luck is a mus, combine both

T

The Driller

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A-A lost 2-2 win

It's all about luck...
Could any pro-player fold Aces pre-flop ??
A lot of time calling or raising Aces pre-flop with an all-in or playing them to the showdown, end with a lose. there is a lot of similar examples with other hands, for sure there is an amateur players and others professionals players know when they should call and raise and bluff, but in 70% it's about luckkkkkk.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play poker, luck can only work for you in the short term ... since suddenly you can win a big jackpot with a marginal hand ... but luck does not apply when you play for long periods ... that's when you need of your brain to establish a good strategy that will allow you to win in the long term ...!

That makes sense

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Póker is game you play against other players, and it is your strategy vs others, there is no luck at all, all brain. Mathematics will tell you that you will lose most hands, so if you lose a big hand is not bad luck, is just poker.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think luck plays such a huge role this will make you rethink that.

https://www.gamblingsites.org/blog/annette-obrestads-no-look-poker-challenge-can-it-help-you/

She won a tournament without looking at any of her hands.

This wouldn't apply at the highest stakes. But if your competition is soft there is ample opportunity to use your positional advantage + agression to get ahead, completely ignoring what your hole cards are.

The old saying: "You don't play the cards you play your opponents."

T

timeforachange

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes there will always be luck involved at some point. It was funny I played a small 25 dollar donkey fest last night. I was drunk and I threw chips in every hand, out of 98 people i wound up coming in 7th. I had a lot of luck along the way and I do not know if it would have mattered if I played smarter. I dont think luck is a good gaming system though.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There’s a lot of luck involved in poker. But, sooner or later, an accomplished player will overwhelm this luck factor with skillful play.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will answer your question with a story. My friends and I play poker and know the game very well. Another friend mentioned he wants to learn the game and have a home game with us. He said he wants to be able to not think about anything, drink, bet, and be with people. Everyone looked at him really confused and he said what? My friends immediately jumped on him and said that poker involves the most thinking and strategy. Of course luck is involved in any situation, but it's up to you to put yourself in the best situation.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you need luck but brain is more important.
If you have luck you can win 1 or 2 days but when you have brain you win 1 or 2 months.
If you analize 1 day, luck can make difference but when you analize 1 month, breain make difference.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon friends....
I make this post to know your opinions.
I firmly believe that luck in poker is a very necessary resource, but in turn very dangerous to use as a game system.
I await your opinions.
regards:)

There's a time for either. Train your sense of timing.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker in the first place is luck, and then all the other terms:rolleyes:

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are so many players that do not play with good fundamentals. They go all in with average hands and get lucky often. I see it all the time. Therefore YES I think luck plays a crucial part in poker.

marcofud

marcofud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is no luck in poker this is tactics, patience and good play (still bleff)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more important the tournament, the less I use luck. I rely more on skill.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't play well, you won't be lucky. because you have no chance.
If you're just lucky and you're not playing well, you hardly win anything.
If you play well but you are unlucky, also!

I think both are needed!

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck in poker is of course an important part, but without knowledge and understanding of how to play, you will not help luck, first acereda I think we need knowledge and success and luck will come then.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The strategy of the game should be based on your skills. Luck is important, but it should only be a complement to your strategy.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck. No luck in MTT's is not complete. Especially on bubble. Sometimes it is she who decides for you the fate of further participation

W

watchRLX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can say that for me the most important thing is to follow 1 rule when gaming and this is to don't count on luck.

Constantinoleon

Constantinoleon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Constantino

I think poker is so cute that it is complete you have to have intelligence, patience, luck and at the same time it has to be awkward sometimes and impatient it is a great game

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was in the service one of our catch phrases was It's better to be lucky than good ... I have seen that played out over and over .... I also think we make and alter our own luck by using our brain, exercising it, and trying to fill it with knowledge, that becomes available as we need it ... luck does play a part in poker of course, but I feel you need to meet it more than half way with effort ....

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is certainly important in the game. Without luck, there won’t be a 555 set against the opponent’s AA, without luck, you won’t be the winner of the tournament, provided that you use the bank’s chances whenever possible. Without luck, don’t win with the last 150 chips against the chip leader at the jackpot tables in turbo mode.)) When luck is with you, the most incredible events happen both in life and in poker.:D:)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This question ask many players in poker and on this forum I met his many times, my the answer 50/50

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed, luck is the flip of the cards, the toss of the dice. It is the main ingredient of the game. Your only hope is to outsmart it and your opponent without getting trapped. It's hard to say how your powerful pre-flop hand will hold up. Good luck on all that.