Skill matters a lot when playing poker

A

Ac156519

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is always good to know what you are doing when you are playing poker. There is an advantage when you know what you are doing when playing poker. When you know the strategies of poker, it gives you a feeling of accomplishment. Sometimes you forget to apply poker strategies and become overconfident and end up loosing. Luck is when you don't know poker strategies and you win. Skill is when you know poker strategies and apply them in the poker game. If I had to choice luck or Skill, I would pick skill over luck any day.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need both but Skill is much more of a factor in poker then say blackjack. But do not discount luck as well at the tables because you need that as well.

I was at a final table yesterday and I had AQ off suit against KJ suited. Got the ace on the flop, and was 75% to win going to the river. After the river I lost to a flush (no pair). Finished 6th. Anyway you need both. GL at the tables.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowledge and mentality are very important when playing poker so that the luck factor and variance influence in the least possible way in our way of playing. Variance plays its role in poker but if we achieve a great player mentality and a strong poker, in the long term we will end up beating it

K

katsbrasil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
katsbrasil

I think you have to be lucky and skill without knowing how to play you will not be able to win anything as soon as the two

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to have Skill to be succesful no matter what you do but without Luck you won´t go far either so it´s best to have both the higher your skill-level the less you have to depend on Luck. But still who wants to be unlucky ?

PedroH182

PedroH182

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really think thats is both, but sometimes poker tests my faith. Like an AA x 69off, all in preflop that gives you a bad beat...

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both things must have a great study, practice and luck, the combination of these three will make you a great poker player.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe luck plays an important role in online poker, but without skill, you won't make it to the final table.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a beginner I think Luck is more important. As I become more advanced I will think Skill is more important.

Meanwhile some are very Lucky to be born Talented...

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need skill to reduce the amount of variance(luck) that's involved in a hand. Luck will always be a part of the game though.

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since poker is fundamentally mathematical, I'm more inclined to say skills and knowledge are way more important!
Lucky is there though.. variance is real and if you don't understand this you will turn poker into bingo lol

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I put my skills in poker I get beat by luck, when I don't even try using skill I win by luck... so I don't know lol, alot can happen with luck and skill, it's just poker

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How is the performance of a poker player evaluated? Is skill and knowledge more important? How much does luck and variance influence? A good hand with a bad decision can make you a tournament. What do you think?

It's all luck.

So just shove your whole stack preflop with anything because you never know how lucky you can get.

Oh - that doesn't work? It's not profitable to shove with any 2 cards?

Maybe skill does have something to do with the game.

Good luck !

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Self-belief, skill, math, luck. - 25, 25, 25, 25.

Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky

I think in online poker 40%-skill, and 60% lucky. In ofline, when you speak with other player on the table -60% skill and 40% lucky.

A

AS7777777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without skills and knowledge, it is impossible to win. A good hand in itself does not mean anything, you need to be able to play it or discard it.

Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky in poker

It's only lucky :D:D:D

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 24
M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill you need this in poker being able to read your opponents, Knowing when a bluff will win you a pot, knowing when to sit tight. Generally I think the players that chuck all in all the time rely on luck and these players soon exit tournaments and lose big. If I am sat with AK even if its suited and I am playing against a nitty player and they shove all in. I will fold the AK the reason is firstly your pot odds or just over 2.0 secondly you have to connect with your AK know there are only 3 Aces and 3 kings left so to hit one of them your odds are 48/6 so 8-1 ok so youve got the chance off a flush on top and a inside straight. The only time I consider calling in this situation is if I have the Villan covered by 5 times his chips or if I have less than 15BB in a tournament.

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Удача играет очень большую роль в покере, но если вы играете очень хорошо, вы чувствуете игру, но вам никогда не повезет, вы проиграете. Да, сегодня ему повезло с A4, одномастными 67, но это единичный случай. Удача важна, но на ней просто невозможно победить. Если вы везунчик, это не значит, что вы победите незадачливого умника, ведь в основе игры лежит не только удача, но и умение.:heeeellll

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a sense, luck is a skill

komar125

komar125

Rock Star
Silver Level