Luck or Skill?

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of imperfect information and chance. Keyword is chance, not luck. A skillful player will always beat a worse player given enough volume. Therefore, in my mind, poker is 100% a skill based game. The only exception would be large live MTT's, where the amount of volume required to completely eliminate variance is simply unattainable in a reasonable time period.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Proficiency is 60% with luck at 40% lower stakes in my opinion.
But then as one gets a higher stake, that number changes. Although I've never been there before, at the very high stakes I think it can change to 80% (skills) and 20% (luck).

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me poker is risk, and all things where risk is essential, luck is welcome. Is skill more important than luck? I think the two walk together, as a couple.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is one of the games in which skill plays an important role. Knowledge is a great power. But there is luck in this game too.
The combination of these factors affects your progress to the final table.

owler

owler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck vs skill?

well, this is a debatable topic and after I have gone through a number of answers I can say honestly that it is dependable on our point of view.
for, me I tend to stand in the "Skills" side because I can improve it through reading more, studying more, and playing more while luck is rebellious and hard to train. it is like choosing between 2 horses 1 is well trained while the other is wild.
A final note: I would prefer to be luckier in freerolls rather than skillful so I can call "all inners" and I am happy being skillful on higher stakes that is why to choose the best between these 2 monsters you should at least define the t&cs:):)

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the long run skill is important and emotional control

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question, good luck is important but in the long run, of course, skill is the most important.If only luck mattered, in many countries poker would be only a gamble.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
work on the game, training with a coach is more important than luck at a distance

F

Fredski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How is the performance of a poker player evaluated? Is skill and knowledge more important? How much does luck and variance influence? A good hand with a bad decision can make you a tournament. What do you think?
i think there's more skills than luck. IT's something to practice to become better in time

kristianbj

kristianbj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the short run, a little bit of luck might win you a couple of dollars, but in the long run skill is the only way to make a profit. And as they say; the better you are, the more "luck" you have.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck will win you in the short term and skill and patience will win in the long term. its why you see the same pros all the time. they're no all lucky.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Skill is more important and if skills are improving then luck follows and completes the poker image of the player!:fight:

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck > Skill

If a player has a big luck, skill doesn´t work.
This idea can be applicated for everything.

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing better than the good skills to be able to play poker and if you are following a good bet it is likely that you will end up winning in the biggest corner of the hands that you could lose, even some of the combinations of these in the son enough to win those people who pay any amount on the flop and end up winning the match

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill is very important in your ability to playing poker with some luck involved. With skill comes with controlling your emotions and patience. I rate it on a ratio of 75% skill and 25% luck.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello community, skill comes first in poker, there is variation and little luck but with study and knowledge increase your skill and the chances of winning in the long run

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think skill is the biggest factor in poker of course.

D

davies_r7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the ability knowledge the strategy and the passion to win without fear and luck when we need it.:fight:

GGthiagoXD

GGthiagoXD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How is the performance of a poker player evaluated? Is skill and knowledge more important? How much does luck and variance influence? A good hand with a bad decision can make you a tournament. What do you think?
I believe that our teachers are right when they teach us how to adjust to poker and its consonant change from hand to hand but there are at least three types of players TAG, NIT and LA is to take one of these clothes and work the game. I bought a book here in brazil from DanHarrington he was known for being the action Dan but he also had more passive players, for example freeroll I'm not playing at ease because of the nervousness it interferes with the way I bet because it goes into the emotional bet that it generates bad play and bad play generates loss of money. not counting elimination from the tournament. hug bro success XD

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both characteristic...

In the power game, both characteristics go hand in hand, but one depends more on the other. In other words, in my opinion, skill goes beyond luck, since one chooses the moment to bet, and the rest goes to luck. In percentage, I consider skill to be 70% and luck is 30%. :cool::cool::cool:

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you rely on luck, it is gambling. If you rely on skill it is a sport.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I believe that the sum of the 2 things if you are skilled and you are not lucky you do not win and if you are lucky and you are not skilled either.
the difference is that if you are lucky and skilled you have more chances