Luck or Skill?

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After all skill is more important than luck as far as I'm concerned)

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Scales

The way I see it......

The more skill you obtain the less luck you need.

It's like the human body though. You may try to obtain all the muscle(skill) you can but you can't live without a little fat(luck). Even if it's just 5%. :cool:

Peter Nesskquick

Peter Nesskquick

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can name offhand at least ten very good plus players who have raised more on the Internet over the past couple of years than some are destined to earn for all 20.
I'm talking about online poker now. A huge number of training articles and videos are freely available. And people who work hard on their game will succeed 90% of the time.
It is very long to describe why poker consists of luck about a third of the maximum. But in a nutshell, the fact is that everyone can create a profitable / successful situation for themselves at the table.

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing poker to increase the percentage of winning you need of course skill, counting outs, betting ratio and much more. but this does not guarantee you victory because without luck you will not add up 100% to win

L

lucky88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes luck helps, but skill is essential.

C

chs2051

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
skill is what you need to be steady winner playing poker, but you need luck to win big

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How is the performance of a poker player evaluated? Is skill and knowledge more important? How much does luck and variance influence? A good hand with a bad decision can make you a tournament. What do you think?

Luck game or skill game, it all depends on you and what game you choose to play.
For example if someone entered the pot before you (say with AK) with a good raise or all-in, then what you will do with your AJ?
Ones you judged that your opponent is holding AK, then you must fold. Why should you play with inferior hand? That is skilled game.
But, if you continue playing, then you are playing luck game hoping your "J" will do the miracle.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both a good hand with a bad decision and a bad hand with a good decision can make you win a tournament. So I think that proves that skill is most precious in this game.

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be both. When you go all in on a high flush, and the last card turned gives your opponent a full house, clearly luck is involved.

When yo get someone going all in on every hand, you have to pick a hand and rely on luck.

GGthiagoXD

GGthiagoXD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How is the performance of a poker player evaluated? Is skill and knowledge more important? How much does luck and variance influence? A good hand with a bad decision can make you a tournament. What do you think?
I count on both but as luck has a quick influence during a tournament the skill prevails a lot, for example I feel a huge pressure during the tournament when the blinds go up when I look and see other players go further and I get eliminated from tournament with 20bb AKo in position I compromised my entire tournament against an A9s that ended with the 9 on the river all in preflop action. here my opponent has at least 6% more strength in his cards is out of position and desperate not to fall just like me lol, well the question is was it luck? or should I have a folded strategy and go a little further in the tournament? So for that reason when luck and skill are in question I count on both luck and skill.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the blend of luck and skill that makes it so hard to determine exactly how good a player is.

Bad players can always blame their luck, instead of their lack of skill.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not really sure about this but i think it's more like 60% skill 40% luck it is really just another game of chance in the long run unless your very good at counting cards but once again this is only my opinion :)

The Riff_Raff :cool:

L

Lola0602

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

for me it is ability and patience.
When I don't take my time
it's hard to win and the
Frustration increases. then I play badly.
Take your time and happiness will come by itself.:flute:

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Skill I think is everything in poker but luck should always be with you is essential

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rather skill but if you dont have luck you dont get too far

C

chinito2410

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that both of them but you must help the luck to win

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You need luck , to win more , to avoid bad beats , to reduce downswings . But on the long run skill prevails , skill to make the best choices in critical hands during tourneys , the best bluffs , to identify the opponents' weaknesses , to use the best tactic and strategy for every game and opponent.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both, in the long run skill and in the short run luck...altho its better to be skilled and unlucky than to be lucky but with zero skills.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play well, then at certain moments you may not be lucky, but if you do not know how to play, then you can only be lucky at certain moments, and this is very little to win! Hence the conclusion is only skill can be the key to success in poker!

Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky in poker

I would like to see a player who was so unlucky with AAA :D:D:D

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 23
Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skill and knowledge are important and you know it, those are the two ways to know if a player is performing well, that variance exists, and that bad luck is also real. The life of Poker is that with ups and downs, so is the duality of things in life. You have the knowledge, put it into practice and it will become wisdom with the experience you gather ... Greetings friend.:D:rock:

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In a long run skill always beat the luck. :icon_comp:icon_comp:icon_comp

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out of all the poker I've played, I rate my skill and luck as a 65% skill and 35% of luck. Also it does all have variance in the game so all the best of luck everyone.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course, skill in poker is much more important, but the element of luck,gives you a dream,that attracts new poker players.