Lost Faith In Poker Success

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker professionally is a grind.. It's not all fun and excitement. You have to play robotically and play even when you don't feel like it. Knowing that if you don't win, you can't support yourself is more stressful than just having a regular 9-5 job.
I would say it is many times more difficult...

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best players on the world has situations like you, even much worse. They went bankrupt more than once f.e. Esfandiari if my memory doesn't disappoint me.
You have right, not everyone can be pro. We have a lot of responsibilities in our life, study, job, marriage, etc. Pro poker players has decided what they want to do. All of us made that choice - or will in the near future.
I'd like to have life like them of course, but a lot of poker pros has some bussiness or had good job - financially, they can afford it. Has some education.

Me f.e. in the future will be doctor of medicine, so I have "health" attitude to poker. I invest as low as I can for fun, but even fun games I try treat serious and analysys my decisions. In a few years I want play bigger stakes than today, but reasonably.

Don't give up, heads up! Good luck, think about it and think about what did you do to improve yout skills.
the main thing is to set priorities correctly and everything will be fine, I heard you, thanks for the support!

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you should never lose hope to achieve your dreams, for my part they will always be there, maybe not making a professional play, but at least participating in some of the great poker tournaments around the world.:cool::cool:
rethought the meaning of poker in my life, now it's more and more clear

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be quite honest I still haven't lost faith more day after day my defeats are increasing I see that I'm doing the right things but the result is not coming this is already leaving me frustrated because it is already ten years down the road and always losing a lot and winning crumbs my best result was a second place in a tournament of ten cents plus u minus 5 years ago this is pretty crazy for those who want to be professional in poker my tournaments that I can win directly are spinGO only.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, poker can be like that. Obviously if you don’t have a big profit then it’s better to consider it just as a hobby.
But if you hit something bigger you can try it more seriously but only within your sense.
Good luck.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing for fun is one thing, playing for a living, to pay your bills, food ...etc is something else completely. Its extremely tough. Lots of pressure. Yet, its a pressure that I would like better than my current 9 to 5 job.

Good luck buddy and please, if you wish, post your experiences during these 7 years we might learn something.

B

bgmaddawg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker as a hobby

I know how you feel Anton. I have been playing for years. Trying to make enough at poker is a job that requires a lot of time and patience, as well as a ton of luck.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I am not a professional poker player, but I have been playing for 7 years. everything was during this time. there were gains and losses of bankroll, tilt, depression, work on oneself. after a long break I lost interest in the game, I like poker, but I came to the conclusion that maybe poker is not for everyone. You can play for the soul or for fun at the weekend with friends, but if you decide to pursue a career as a player, I recommend weighing the pros and cons. since a real passion for the game can distract you from real life. Poker game for the young and the daring.

I have seen this in many poker players. They see the flashy lights and pretty women. What you dont see is the hard work real pros put in, the things they give up in order to make this a reality. Life is easy in the sense you can put yourself on coast and make money anyhow. Poker is what i do as a profession. Its not that poker isnt for everyone its that most' s understanding of the game is that of easy money and the good life. If poker was easy everyone would be a millionaire, but the truth is there can only be a handful of winners and a lot of people wondering where they went wrong.

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen this in many poker players. They see the flashy lights and pretty women. What you dont see is the hard work real pros put in, the things they give up in order to make this a reality. Life is easy in the sense you can put yourself on coast and make money anyhow. Poker is what i do as a profession. Its not that poker isnt for everyone its that most' s understanding of the game is that of easy money and the good life. If poker was easy everyone would be a millionaire, but the truth is there can only be a handful of winners and a lot of people wondering where they went wrong.
I would like to be pro, not in terms to go on the road and be with the circus, i wish i would be able to earn some money on it (100k$ on yearly basis), mb not even full time but rather if i could earn 5k per month i would be satasfied.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right on

I would like to be pro, not in terms to go on the road and be with the circus, i wish i would be able to earn some money on it (100k$ on yearly basis), mb not even full time but rather if i could earn 5k per month i would be satasfied.

Well good luck just remember you gotta study everyday or atleast every week. The game is always changing as the generations grow.Dont think poker is like a 9-5. There is a lot of fluidity. Good to have those goals set out like you do but dont expect to hit those projections everytime. Dont forget to have fun.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dreams

Its a good thing to reconsider your direction every now and then, before black friday i was moving along very nicely and that tossed a wrench into my dream,
i will always enjoy poker and hope that our government will allow us to play may sites once again,maybe someday??

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way I see it I am just hoping one day I can strike big after playing 16 years of holdem.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF forum...Losers, freerolls players, "the poker is only luck", "the poker is riged", "the poker is hard".
You don't want to play poker anymore. It is hard...It is dumb...Ok. Thank you for the info! Move on...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You need to have some luck in poker, besides skill. Making poker a career, would be tough. There are alot , of players who could be luckier then yourself. Every hand can win so long as you have luck on your side. Also every hand can lose if you dont have luck.

So the ones who are making a career out of it are just luckier than the others who aren't? :confused:
Why do I read about some players who spend at least a dozen hours or more hours per week studying? Is it all just a waste of their time?

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, I am not a professional poker player, but I have been playing for 7 years. everything was during this time. there were gains and losses of bankroll, tilt, depression, work on oneself. after a long break I lost interest in the game, I like poker, but I came to the conclusion that maybe poker is not for everyone. You can play for the soul or for fun at the weekend with friends, but if you decide to pursue a career as a player, I recommend weighing the pros and cons. since a real passion for the game can distract you from real life. Poker game for the young and the daring.
Hello Friend! Do not be so categorical (this is called high expectations) and pessimistic! Is it in ordinary life that many doctors or teachers achieve the heights of their profession? We must strive for the heights, but do not despair with the inevitable failures!

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeaqh, it's easy to lose faith when you suffer bad beats continously

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is for everyone yes, but without study and dedication you can get nowhere. I am not saying that it is your case, but many do nothing to beat the limits they play and think that a big hit will fall from the sky playing badly or making plays that are not profitable. For those who want to live with poker, they have no other alternative, it is to enter the game head on, play and study, because it is a very complex game, making it impossible for success to come.

L

Luqitazzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good post dear, Poker is for me to have fun, now if I can achieve something great, welcome.

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love this game so much, however i am sick of lossing... for example last 5 days not even 1 hand i won in cardschat tournament in pokerstars. That just make you feel quiting the game. Is not about lick it's how that poker program decide for you and that sucks.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You hit the nail on the head with this post. I find online poker to be fierce and incredibly unlucky for me at every angle. There is very limited live poker in the area I live in. I want to move to Texas when the covid thing is over...

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regular bankroll losses hit the psyche and emotional state very hard. In order not to break in the game online, I choose those rooms where I have good luck. Good luck to you too.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will be a pro sooner or later . I am sure of it . but not online ...I am talking about real life . money management is very important

T

Tylerstevenson1919

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t lose faith

I love poker but I don’t really think I’ll make it big but if I do I’ll do good with the winnings

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be quite honest I still haven't lost faith more day after day my defeats are increasing I see that I'm doing the right things but the result is not coming this is already leaving me frustrated because it is already ten years down the road and always losing a lot and winning crumbs my best result was a second place in a tournament of ten cents plus u minus 5 years ago this is pretty crazy for those who want to be professional in poker my tournaments that I can win directly are spinGO only.
I think there is definitely a mistake somewhere