Lost Faith In Poker Success

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I am not a professional poker player, but I have been playing for 7 years. everything was during this time. there were gains and losses of bankroll, tilt, depression, work on oneself. after a long break I lost interest in the game, I like poker, but I came to the conclusion that maybe poker is not for everyone. You can play for the soul or for fun at the weekend with friends, but if you decide to pursue a career as a player, I recommend weighing the pros and cons. since a real passion for the game can distract you from real life. poker game for the young and the daring.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure you are not the first to say that, and you will not be the last. For most of us, it is a game that we enjoy, I have daydreamed about what if I was good enough. Its not realistic though. I will keep playing as I do, try to rack up a few buck and enter some very nice tourneys and hope one day I make a nice little return. But yeah, it is a game that can make or break you.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the very beginning of my acquaintance with poker, I never dreamed that I would ever be able to become a professional in this game! The rules are simple, but the game itself is very complex and unpredictable. Millions of people play poker, and on top, units. Therefore, I try on the results Do not go in cycles, but just enjoy the game itself!

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear ya, poker can be very frustrating. If you don't have fun or enjoy what your doing then you probably did choose the wrong profession. Do what makes you happy :)

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't dedicate your life to this game you have no reason to even think about doing it full time. A few years back I had the chance to play every day and played 10-12 hour days for 4 straight months. After that run was over I didn't want anything to do with poker for at least 6 months.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After all, only luck matters..

Last week i made a final table on CardsChat freeroll without going all in the whole tournament..

So i can get KK and out of it, it sad sometimes, things like that break your spirit

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it me or its just something not good happening... I lose not matter what strategy I choose to play.. My last play.. I raise with two pocket AA , oponent call. On table 5 6 J . I'm gonig all in and he CALL with K 9 and comes cards 7 8 and he win, wtf??? I'm loosing interest to poker too

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
often won playing wrong, so many missed playing right, the luck component in the game and should not be overlooked. Also we must not affect the positive or negative results it brings.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby and no more. I play for fun and I always enjoy the game. Obviously, only one in a thousand can become a professional player, but every player can always enjoy the game.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, I am not a professional poker player, but I have been playing for 7 years. everything was during this time. there were gains and losses of bankroll, tilt, depression, work on oneself. after a long break I lost interest in the game, I like poker, but I came to the conclusion that maybe poker is not for everyone. You can play for the soul or for fun at the weekend with friends, but if you decide to pursue a career as a player, I recommend weighing the pros and cons. since a real passion for the game can distract you from real life. Poker game for the young and the daring.

real life will always remain real life, if you are an engineer, lawyer, doctor, football player, athlete, student, real life will always be real life, the situation is to study, improve and evolve everything you do, I suggest that you meditate and reflect these seven years, and your concepts about "deviating from real life" are wrong, because being in full health and vital energy is already real life, now it's up to you to know how to use what you like and live fun .

:heeeellll:heeeellll:heeeellll

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I abandoned the idea of making a career in poker but I continue to dream and hope that I could make a good profit in the long term. the most important thing is to continue to have fun when we play.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are tired of poker playing poker, try playing freeroll, it helps to recover and start playing poker again with a new desire.:)

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading your reasoning, I think that you are right in many respects, but everything depends more on each person individually, each has his own level of discipline and fighting spirit. Therefore, I wish everyone to be disciplined and not lose heart, good luck!

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Around 8 years ago, I came to the same conclusion friend after a same experience. I now only play for fun and to pass the time. Successful professional poker career is something that very few achieve. At some point, you have to cut your losses.

D

dayontour

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure you are not the first to say that, and you will not be the last. For most of us, it is a game that we enjoy, I have daydreamed about what if I was good enough. Its not realistic though. I will keep playing as I do, try to rack up a few buck and enter some very nice tourneys and hope one day I make a nice little return. But yeah, it is a game that can make or break you.

Digdug I could'nt agree more, that is me all over, main thing is that we enjoy it.
A lot of us can have a Love Hate relashionship with poker at times.
Sometimes we just need a break to come back fresh and ready for battle.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.I think a little break is needed.Only play poker when you want to have fun..Regarding to that hand you lost,don´t worry that has happened to everyone.Good luck in your life with or without poker.

dopustim

dopustim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never won the tournament, but faith is not quenched.I play for fun.

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like all hobbies you have to weigh the pros and cons and work with what is manageable within the context of your lifestyle. The beauty of poker is that you can set realistic goals and limit the stakes you play and really maximize your edge with enough preparation since there are so many options for where you can play.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think poker is a game that has no age restriction. For me, the main thing in this game is positive emotions and a good opportunity to get distracted.
Good luck.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
To play as a career we need to no the odds on every street, and calculate all eventualities extremely fast.
Most brains don't work like that thus we will all struggle to win.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very few percent of poker players manage to build career and have good and stable income from being professional players and there is good reason for that. To be successful as pro you need very serious devotion to the game, very cool mind, tenacity and constant will to learn and improve. Many people watch those big tournaments where millions are won and think something like "those players just play cards and win big money - i can do it too". Based on that they rush into poker trying to quickly and easily become rich which is recipe for disaster.

For me good approach is to play poker if you like the game and not with the idea to become rich. Play the game as hobby in your free time, learn the basics, try to improve and if you see progress at some stage in future you can even become pro. If not just play for fun like millions do.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing poker, I set goals for myself. Do not play with big buyins and do not spend your money on poker. This means that I did not immediately think about professional poker. The main thing for me is at least some kind of pension supplement. You are right for the young.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello everyone, I am not a professional poker player, but I have been playing for 7 years. everything was during this time. there were gains and losses of bankroll, tilt, depression, work on oneself. after a long break I lost interest in the game, I like poker, but I came to the conclusion that maybe poker is not for everyone. You can play for the soul or for fun at the weekend with friends, but if you decide to pursue a career as a player, I recommend weighing the pros and cons. since a real passion for the game can distract you from real life. Poker game for the young and the daring.

Many players want to make a career in poker, but, unfortunately, all players cannot win !!! Only the best (that is, those who really tried) become professionals !!! Are you sure that you did your best and you didn’t succeed ???

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is magnificent, only the best win, and to be better we must study hard, have solid strategies, study your opponent, etc., so you will be a winner, nothing will fall from the sky for free, poker is for persevering winners .. You have to make sense of poker by studying strategies.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am reconciled with the idea that I will not make money from poker, which is why I still play that I like the game and if the miracle happens anyway :) it would be something wow!