Lost Faith In Poker Success

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still have the dream of being a pro but it’s hard lately to think like that, with so many bad beats and insane players I end up discouraging from poker!

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, I am not a professional poker player, but I have been playing for 7 years. everything was during this time. there were gains and losses of bankroll, tilt, depression, work on oneself. after a long break I lost interest in the game, I like poker, but I came to the conclusion that maybe poker is not for everyone. You can play for the soul or for fun at the weekend with friends, but if you decide to pursue a career as a player, I recommend weighing the pros and cons. since a real passion for the game can distract you from real life. Poker game for the young and the daring.

I totally agree with everything you said. Poker is not for everyone. If some one wants to be a professional, he or her must know, that is really hard work, like any other profession if they want live from it. Every thing must be sacrificed for that, time, family, friends...etc. I, like every one here, really love to play, but I’m not willing to put a side my real life for poker, so I’m never going to be a professional, but probably I’m going to play until I die

R

rosendonev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play it for hobby the other is luck

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, everyone can,t be successful in poker. I also saw lots of bad things in online poker ,also loosing my hope to win at least a thousand one day in a one tournament.
I,m pretty sure, that live game is pretty different and you can win in this. Anyway, if you are tired from the game, it,s better to try something new. Maybe you can be successful in anything else.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker certainly is NOT for everybody.
1) it's a negative sum game
2) it is a mathematical certainty that no more than 10% (or less, rather) of the players can be the players who meaningfully profit from being there, at the tables. It is a mathematical certainty that rest of the prize pool is destined to go broke. So... Yes, poker is for the very few, actually.

B

BobcatFreeway

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is definetly something to think about, but if you want it bad enough then it is worth the grind and the lows!

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't despair, hold on. Poker is based on this, someone wins, and someone loses))). Start having fun, don't spend too much, don't count on big wins (at least immediately) - and let there be happiness and inner peace for you:bath:

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

it is really poker that has days that are dazzling. I think for a poker professional who already lives on poker it shouldn't affect so much because they are already used to this type of situation. Now for us who are not but like the game and play it is much more difficult to deal with this type of thing, there are really few who can handle this pressure and can only live on the game.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

F

falkoneti

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sad player

I love playing poker and I want to move in that direction. But it seems fate or someone else has decided otherwise. In 90% of the cases I play correctly and always think about the hand, the situation and everything related to the moment. But at important moments or late stages of the tournament, everything turns and everything ends with 1-2 hands up to 3 max. last 2 cases i have KD on my pay with ja on flop D103 turn 7 river k and i am done. On the other hand, I am 66 raises for 2.25 blinds, the player raises me again for 3 blinds and I pay a flop of 6DK, I raise a raise for 2300 chips, the other player puts all-in. I open and see that he has AA. I'm super forward. BUT on the bend comes A and the river again A and I'm done. I have hands like that or more in a tournament or 1-2 that finish the whole game.
that's the way things have been going for me for 6 months now

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fun as success, not as a career..

Poker for many is a pleasant distraction from work, day to day life. I don't work or live for poker per se, I live and then poker is on the list of distractions, hobbies.

I don't think it would be good for me, mentally, to always have to be "playing", always being "on." If I can't have an "off" period of time, then there is no enjoyment.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker professionally is a grind.. It's not all fun and excitement. You have to play robotically and play even when you don't feel like it. Knowing that if you don't win, you can't support yourself is more stressful than just having a regular 9-5 job.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best players on the world has situations like you, even much worse. They went bankrupt more than once f.e. Esfandiari if my memory doesn't disappoint me.
You have right, not everyone can be pro. We have a lot of responsibilities in our life, study, job, marriage, etc. Pro poker players has decided what they want to do. All of us made that choice - or will in the near future.
I'd like to have life like them of course, but a lot of poker pros has some bussiness or had good job - financially, they can afford it. Has some education.

Me f.e. in the future will be doctor of medicine, so I have "health" attitude to poker. I invest as low as I can for fun, but even fun games I try treat serious and analysys my decisions. In a few years I want play bigger stakes than today, but reasonably.

Don't give up, heads up! Good luck, think about it and think about what did you do to improve yout skills.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure you are not the first to say that, and you will not be the last. For most of us, it is a game that we enjoy, I have daydreamed about what if I was good enough. Its not realistic though. I will keep playing as I do, try to rack up a few buck and enter some very nice tourneys and hope one day I make a nice little return. But yeah, it is a game that can make or break you.
Thanks for the advice, I also quite soberly assessed my capabilities and came to the conclusion that everything is possible, you just have to really really want!:ridinghor

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the very beginning of my acquaintance with poker, I never dreamed that I would ever be able to become a professional in this game! The rules are simple, but the game itself is very complex and unpredictable. Millions of people play poker, and on top, units. Therefore, I try on the results Do not go in cycles, but just enjoy the game itself!
Poker never lets go at all, you can just relax for a while and all over again:pcguru:

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear ya, poker can be very frustrating. If you don't have fun or enjoy what your doing then you probably did choose the wrong profession. Do what makes you happy :)
Poker makes me partly happy until I get a terrible down-stream or the usual things that happen in poker all the time, now after a while I completely outsmarted my attitude to the game and its role in my life.:rock:

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't dedicate your life to this game you have no reason to even think about doing it full time. A few years back I had the chance to play every day and played 10-12 hour days for 4 straight months. After that run was over I didn't want anything to do with poker for at least 6 months.
I had the same long sessions when I just played and slept for several months in a row, so I understand you:D

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
back off never give up ever...

I think that you should never lose hope to achieve your dreams, for my part they will always be there, maybe not making a professional play, but at least participating in some of the great poker tournaments around the world.:cool::cool:

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After all, only luck matters..

Last week i made a final table on CardsChat freeroll without going all in the whole tournament..

So i can get KK and out of it, it sad sometimes, things like that break your spirit
a deeper understanding of the game suggests that this is not so. The question is what will happen before, whether success or another failure will come. Maybe once I would write a book on how to win poker and not become a homeless person with a broken psyche:icon_rr:

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it me or its just something not good happening... I lose not matter what strategy I choose to play.. My last play.. I raise with two pocket AA , oponent call. On table 5 6 J . I'm gonig all in and he CALL with K 9 and comes cards 7 8 and he win, wtf??? I'm loosing interest to poker too
I had a deeper apathy for the game than the typical move, which will happen to you millions and millions of times, the only question is, is it necessary in general?

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many great points to be taken into consideration here.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
often won playing wrong, so many missed playing right, the luck component in the game and should not be overlooked. Also we must not affect the positive or negative results it brings.
agree, the quality component should not be overlooked and constantly pumped skill, but to understand this you need to survive all the associated dirt that is inevitable in the career of each player

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby and no more. I play for fun and I always enjoy the game. Obviously, only one in a thousand can become a professional player, but every player can always enjoy the game.
this path is likely to await many, but how is a poker dream?:(

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
real life will always remain real life, if you are an engineer, lawyer, doctor, football player, athlete, student, real life will always be real life, the situation is to study, improve and evolve everything you do, I suggest that you meditate and reflect these seven years, and your concepts about "deviating from real life" are wrong, because being in full health and vital energy is already real life, now it's up to you to know how to use what you like and live fun .

:heeeellll:heeeellll:heeeellll
I agree, the spiritual component must also be trained constantly, meditations help very well in this:top:

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker downswings will always be an emotional challenge; there is no way to avoid this. The most that can be done is to be prepared for recessions mentally, just as a bankroll must be prepared for them in order to depreciate them. If you learn to take downswings as inevitable, it will be much easier to cope with the problems that dispersion carries. And you never have to give up, poker can be beneficial - both emotional and financial - without even being a job.