Lost Faith In Poker Success

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's very hard to play a game (even if it's your job) where there is a lot of variance and you can often get on tilt! a lot depends not only on mathematics but also on psychology and luck!

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For now I’m not losing faith because I’m just a newbie and continue in learnings

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is complicated because poker at the same time you are happy you can cry and be sad! it's a matter of luck plus poker for me helps me to get out of boredom even more in this pandemic I just play poker!

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to win a Sunday million is the dream of my youth to this day:D

It is nice to have that dream. I live in the U.S. so I cannot even have that dream right now. Just remember that many poker "pros" have this dream also. The Sunday million is a huge tournament with many recreational players BUT also, very many good very good players, Keep your dream alive, but also keep playing your regular games too and not just the "big" one.

Good Luck and I hope you do achieve that dream 1 day.:D

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that online poker is more for fun and amateurs. If you want to become a professional, you need to play offline.

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not everyone is born to be a star ...

As in everything in life you can like something, but becoming a professional in the area depends on many other things. But that doesn't change your love for the thing.
I love poker !!!
Olá a todos, não sou um jogador profissional de pôquer, mas jogo há 7 anos. tudo foi durante esse tempo. houve ganhos e perdas de bankroll, tilt, depressão, trabalho sobre si mesmo. depois de uma longa pausa perdi o interesse pelo jogo, gosto de poker, mas cheguei à conclusão que talvez o poker não seja para todos. Você pode jogar para a alma ou para se divertir no fim de semana com os amigos, mas se decidir seguir a carreira de jogador, recomendo pesar os prós e os contras. já que uma verdadeira paixão pelo jogo pode distraí-lo da vida real. Jogo de pôquer para jovens e ousados.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's very hard to play a game (even if it's your job) where there is a lot of variance and you can often get on tilt! a lot depends not only on mathematics but also on psychology and luck!
hello, I would say that more depends on the psychological component than on mathematics, because it is she who is responsible for development and progress in general

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For now I’m not losing faith because I’m just a newbie and continue in learnings
cool for you, so soon you will get to the freeroll club, but believe me, it is very easy to fly from there, so you need to seriously think about the quality of the post, no offense;)

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is complicated because poker at the same time you are happy you can cry and be sad! it's a matter of luck plus poker for me helps me to get out of boredom even more in this pandemic I just play poker!
The pandemic has spawned many poker players, this is a big plus for real regs:D

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is nice to have that dream. I live in the U.S. so I cannot even have that dream right now. Just remember that many poker "pros" have this dream also. The Sunday million is a huge tournament with many recreational players BUT also, very many good very good players, Keep your dream alive, but also keep playing your regular games too and not just the "big" one.

Good Luck and I hope you do achieve that dream 1 day.:D
Thank you for your support, this is very important in our time, I hope your dreams will also come true. I was in the USA back in 2010, it was my most unforgettable trip.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that online poker is more for fun and amateurs. If you want to become a professional, you need to play offline.
almost all modern pros started their careers online, earned money, and then you can go offline series

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As in everything in life you can like something, but becoming a professional in the area depends on many other things. But that doesn't change your love for the thing.
I love poker !!!
Now I have an understanding of this, at the time of the publication of the post my mind was less mature and more offended:rolleyes:

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all , to be honest if I was playing poker only to support my family, the pressure would be great, and sometimes when we try to force results/hands etc, bad things happen and we lose, in my humble opinion I'd say start off as an amateur, working a job and playing poker in the spare time, then once poker earnings are steady and over taking the day job ones, then can be a good time to change to pro, myself I'd wait till poker earnings are at least 5x of daily job earnings :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have on some occasions won satellite's into bigger buy-in games and in one I actually made the money and won over £200 not a lot, but massive for a player who only played free-rolls and 25 Cent games.
The best part is I don't even remember what place I finished? I know I was in the top 50 but exactly where I don't remember. But I do remember the games where I finished in 1st place and won the top prize payout in Free-rolls and it has never been more than a few dollars.
What I am trying to say is the WIN! Is far more important than how much you WIN!
Poker is a fun game for me, and I don't care how much I win, finishing 1st is far more gratifying and important than winning money.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
skill & luck are important to suceed. if both is lost or not more possible the fun and the win goes away so calculate a border to beware your luck in pokering

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
dreams are made to become real
why not give a shot at it

N

Nairne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker certainly isn't for everyone, and even people who do enjoy it can definitely overwork themselves. When it comes to going pro: as the saying goes "poker is a hard way to make an easy living". It becomes a job just like any other - and a socially isolating one, too, if you primarily play online.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi all , to be honest if I was playing poker only to support my family, the pressure would be great, and sometimes when we try to force results/hands etc, bad things happen and we lose, in my humble opinion I'd say start off as an amateur, working a job and playing poker in the spare time, then once poker earnings are steady and over taking the day job ones, then can be a good time to change to pro, myself I'd wait till poker earnings are at least 5x of daily job earnings :)
I had a similar plan, but it is not always possible to combine poker and ordinary life. Often we transfer our mood from ordinary everyday life to professional life. This negatively affects both the game and everyday life. This applies not only to poker, but also to any professional life, I think many professions have a similar psychological problem. For example, working as a policeman or a rescuer carries a strong psychological load and it can be very difficult to switch to everyday life after an event at work. Poker is a challenge to yourself. Prove to yourself in all aspects what you are capable of. This discipline, psychology, learning, self-control and much more in the aggregate gives a result, and whether it is positive or not depends only on ourselves.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care. what do others think about me, as I have been playing for 10 years, I will continue to play poker, and take money from there

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not possible to lose faith, you can only be disappointed in the game, but this black streak will pass over time, the main thing is patience and desire to play poker.

F

fortemanda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
na verdade é o seguinte se você quer ser um jogador profissional de pôquer hoje esqueça, esqueça, no passado era mais fácil para o pôquer, não havia tantos jogadores bons, que aproveitaram o tempo ok hoje, mas eles não viva no pôquer hoje! eles ganhavam seu dinheiro e viviam da venda de cursos e outros. e jogar para se divertir é hobe hoje. simples se você gosta de jogar pôquer com um gasto lucrativo, mas não invista dinheiro nisso.

T

thiagotup197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, because we can't lose faith and give up what we want

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker can also be a hobby...You don't have to worry too much about poker...

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
gave up that dream long ago, now it's just a friendly game here and there to pass time, cash games with friends.