ASHUKPOK

ASHUKPOK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi!

I see very often, especially in freerolls, when players go to All-in on the preflop, but lose 3 of kinds, two pairs of type 34, etc.
A couple of years ago, I always played these hands All-in. I was very upset when its were beaten.
I found a way out of it. I always look the Flop. If I am not allow to do this, I am not call at the later stages of tournaments or against large stacks.

If I drank beer after such situations, I would have already gone broke on beer...:eek:

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is poker and not much you can do except try to eliminate emotions as much as you can from your game and your play.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

You know, in all cases when I lost a hand with pocket aces, I knew that I would be run over with some garbage. I don't know why, but I can feel it before showdown.

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do to change mind if you lost at all-in with AA?

I drink beer to forget it.

LOL , i just keep the mind-set that every hand is a winner and every hand is a loser :D
But ya it hurts sometimes but I think every person sometimes catches a break when he was beat on the flop. Thats why the river is important..

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing is guaranteed, AA can lose, and 72 can win

AndyDow

AndyDow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's poker. We compare 5 cards not only 2 cards.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good night everyone, mathematically you will win 80% vs against other pairs, and all other hands.
I've been playing poker since 2018, and I noticed a big difference from playing AA, at pokerstars and other sites.
At pokerstars it is the site that I lose the most with AA, and on the bet365 and GGpoker sites it is where I most win with AA.
In my opinion, pokerstars programming is done to allow recreational players to win more often with weaker hands to encourage them to keep playing, because if a recreational player always loses he would not play anymore, that's why you have so many players going All in with hands very weak, in my opinion.

Hmm... you might be on to something here. Have you considered running this by some of the online regulars? (you might end up saving them lots of money)

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always tell myself, whether I'm ahead or behind before the flop... I have only 2 cards to my hand.... there are another 5 to come out and it doesn't matter what I have right now, only what I have when the last card is dealt onto the table :) That's just how holdem works. Once you understand that, the emotional toll is more manageable.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Despite that you start with better %, the result is based on 5 of 7 cards.
And try to remember how many times you won against AA. :)

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What to do??? Why , absolutely nothing different. It is 1 single hand of poker. People are on this thread talking about variance LOL - please, look at percentages AA's vs half the deck (50%) of hands you only win 85% this means that if this gets played 100 times you will lose 15 times. It is not bad luck, it is not variance, it is simple probability.

The more poker you play, should make this easier to accept.

V

Vgs0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually this happen in free rolls.
I play all in against J2 loosing with three 2 other time against 68 loosing with flush, with other strong cards its ok if i loose but with J2?

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has already happened to me and it is preferable to play with high stakes to discard weak hands or hands with projects because where you let the flop see up to 2-7 they can beat you if you give them the chances

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA

Try losing 52 off suit .All in preflop. Just as bad though.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips

AA has a mathematical advantage preflop but that doesn't mean its unbeatable, I've lost many times with AA's now i strategize how i play, if i have over 100 blinds and based on the range of my opponent and the board id fold

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's never good to drop out with a pair of aces. There are virtually no combinations in the deck that I didn’t fall short of with my Aces. I'm really not kidding, it was that 7.2o found a full, all of the Ax's x had already been set and I could still rank (with a 4.5s flush) ... etc. If you play a lot of things you can see your stuff, but that's what poker is all about.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you take poker seriously, you should know that there are many ways to lose a no-limit hold'em tournament that must be considered unacceptable. Here are just a few examples: 1. You call a big raise all-in preflop with Q ♠ J ♠ because you can't fold such a beautiful hand. 2. The tightest player at your table goes all-in on the river, and you only call with a top pair because you think this is the only time in his life that he is bluffing. 3. You go all-in on the button with 5,000 and a trash hand, trying to steal 150 in blinds, and the big blind shows a pair of aces. In all of these cases and in many similar ones, you can blame bad luck or say that the odds were in your favor, when in fact they were not. If you find yourself thinking like that, you need to be more objective. To improve your chances in the next tournaments, you need to realize that you took unnecessary risks, and basically got what you deserved. On the other hand, you can lose in what I usually call "acceptable". When I refer to acceptable ways of losing, I'm not just talking about going all-in with the best hand and seeing your opponent hitting a draw to beat you, although this is generally both acceptable and inevitable. I am also referring to voluntarily putting your money in the pot with the worst hand. Strange as it sounds, this can be the correct move, even when you are eliminated.
:eek:

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I curse, throw stuff around, stomp around the house, and then lose with it again in another tournament.

I'm not a Howard Lederer fan, but once in a while, he comes up with some good advice.

If you're at the start of a tournament, don't go "All-in" pre-flop with pocket aces. The more people that stay in the hand, the bigger your chances of losing, and you're out.

You're going to get lots of chances in the course of a tournament, and much bigger pots later on.

I don't know what your situation was when you lost with them, but it's great advice for the beginning of a tournament.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm... you might be on to something here. Have you considered running this by some of the online regulars? (you might end up saving them lots of money)

You're not taking into the account the number of players that pokerstars has, the number of tournaments, and the number of times you play there.

I would suspect that you play many more games of Stars, than you do on 365, or any other site for that matter.

I've lost many times on Stars that way, but I've also won my share that way.

(I'm not defending Stars....I think that that's just the way it is.)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're not taking into the account the number of players that PokerStars has, the number of tournaments, and the number of times you play there.

I would suspect that you play many more games of Stars, than you do on 365, or any other site for that matter.

I've lost many times on Stars that way, but I've also won my share that way.

(I'm not defending Stars....I think that that's just the way it is.)

Playing more on a site should give a better hand history sample size to quantify the results. Most players are not willing to put in the work away from the table to even substantiate any claims to any site.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose once a day whith AA against hands like TT JJ QQ KK....this is poker AA it's not a 100 % win...if you can't get over it then poker will be hard for you.GL!!!

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA when called is beatable. After the flop....you must determine what in the flop is dangerous and play accordingly!

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i lost a lots of hands with AA, thats poker, you have to wait, i think AAA, then i go all in.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There are times when I don't understand how people play, I got AA from the button, I bet x5, and he goes all in with 2 4 of UTG + 1, I call and he wins with a straight:confused:

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Just get used to it and move on
It happens all the time so no point getting stressed about it, I’m sure at some point you have cracked pocket aces with a lesser hand
Just accept it happens and start again :D