Is it better to play fast or think before the wick?

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to make my mind up fast. I'm good at numbers and evaluating the odds. I tend to take less than 1 seconds to decide.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can think fast go for it!!

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to pay kind of quickly. i want to run with my gut in most cases. i used to be a thinker but many times i would find a way to put someone on the best hand and end up folding.

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyway you need to think because you have to collect information of opponents, that you need to use late in tournament :))

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When do you most often make the wrong decisions in poker: when are you making a quick decision or when you think about this decision on a time bank?:turtle:

For me, biggest mistakes come when i make fast decisions. But for sure on the other hand when i use my time bank i tend to overthink..and this overthinking on micro stakes can generate mistakes.

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the position in the game,usually quickly,but in some situations it is better to think about the action

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it happened a lot to lose my chips when i play fast , especially when i bluff , but when i have good cards from start i play fast so the other player react the same and put money on table :X .. |The best way is to think a bit before action m but when u have the best hand or almost the best play fast , dont let them fold

fast when u have good hand and 1 or 2 oponents , best is to play slowly

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is better to play on a whim, well, and think a little, it happens so that a premonition says throw out two aces to all in, and you should listen

A

Ananke222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it's always better to think-but not too much because it can lead to the opposite result

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play a quickly as i can.. otherwise.. I'll talk myself into a bad decision...

I'll second these sentiments. Often I feel like once I start going back and fourth in my head I end up overthinking the decision.

At the same time a hastily made decision can lead to mistakes as well. Typically I never need to hit the time bank unless some kind of semi emergency or other distraction happens.