Is it better to play fast or think before the wick?

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some times we need to play fast, sometimes don't. But play fast does not mean you ain't thinking.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often make mistakes when make a quick decision, especially in the final stage of MTTs. Sometimes a quick decision is good because it cause a impresion of agression in oponent if you had the nuts and many thinks in bluff. Good luck in the tables !!!

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I usually make the wrong decision when I think to quick because I hit the wrong button. My decision is usually the same fast or slow Its two card, are they do to win, and by the time the dealer gets to your hand you know.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a quick solution is not always correct. but sometimes it brings a result. inogda- this keyword.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play fast, go with the gut..

If I'm feeling "on", with confidence, I play fast, go with my gut. Otherwise, I over-analyze, talk myself out of the bold play I know I have to make eventually.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes bad thinking I regret it, then analyzing it, I understand that I made the decision too quickly and could avoid this mistake thinking a little longer

glafef

glafef

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always make quick decisions, wanting the game to move faster. I've played poker for so many years that I know how I play exactly.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll on occasion find spots were things are not progressing as I expected and will slow down and ponder a while.

Most of the time though it's pretty quick.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like to take my time if needed to play through the hand. Nothing wrong with taking time to act. Live cash table, where there is lot of money out there, why not ask some questions and run through the way hand has played out to that point. You are given on-line a bank and have a given time to act, use it. Way I play, making quick decision is not an advantage.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always think for the same amount of time on every action that isn't folding. This gives me time to evaluate the hand from a variety of angles and often provides perspective I might not have gained had I acted quickly. This also prevents having any timing tells, as my opponents see I am taking the same amount of time to act.

C

crankmuppet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are using all the information available to you at the time of your decision, there are no wrong decisions - only incorrect interpretations of the information available.

There is no guarantee that the right decision will win you the hand. That's poker. Sometimes the right decision is to cut your losses and fold.

Hasty or quick decisions might mean you are not evaluating all of the information available more often than not, but if you've got a royal flush, who needs a timebank.

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick good responses

Sometimes its difficult to make quid responses, but i think with the time only comes more wisdom, and the poker gamer is played more secure.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have to think well before playing if you play fast and ask to lose soon

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your strategy in poker always have to think before you act that way fast play have to spend the idea of ​​security for your opponent and every style should be reviewed throughout the game for different plays for the behavior of the players change in over time and they observe all sorts of play then repeated if you become predictable your game may even fail with the best skills

:jd4:mateuspoker

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most important thing is to be consistent. There aren't a lot of online "tells" like there are in live games, so any kind of information you can get from your opponent is gold. This goes both ways though, if an opponent notices you bet fast with your strong hands and slower with your weak hands, he can exploit you.

I have found though, that betting faster can incline some other players to call/fold/raise faster as to match your speed, often leading to bad calls or bad plays in general by them, so if you can make good decisions fast, then I think it can be a good strategy to bet faster against certain opponents.

LA PokerKush

LA PokerKush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Outta repect I try and be fast, but if you gotta think you gotta think, right? However if I flop a monster I try and check as fast as possible to get someone to slip!:D

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing fast or slow would completely depend on the player. Overthinking it can become a downfall. Then again playing without deep thought can cause you to make many mistakes. I would suggest you practice at fast decision making for online poker.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play 4-5 tables,sometimes even in different rooms,so i should to make quick and wright decisions.But i don't always showe a quality game , unfortunatelly :(

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's a matter of whether or not I'm behind or not. I might take a little more time to put out the "correct" amount of chips for a feeler bet or discourage a drawing hand, but other than that I'm pretty much within the 5 second window.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ytt

I prefer to think a lot before making a decision .The best decision and some luck may give you 1st place at a mtt.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A quick solution for multi tables. Error is guaranteed. :(((

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should always think, even if your decision is obvious, you must create the impression that your decision is hard for you, it will confuse the enemy and give you a chance to bluff

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think as long as you know what you are doing and able to get a good read on the situation at hand it doesn't really matter in all honesty but whichever works best for you is ultimately the answer.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When do you most often make the wrong decisions in poker: when are you making a quick decision or when you think about this decision on a time bank?:turtle:

Walking through the street where you never came before, you try to memorize things you see there so that you may not get lost while coming back. When you went through that street a few more times you don't need to memorize anything. You become familiar with the environment and risk of losing your way vanishes.
In poker, in any given situation, if the situation is new to you then you might need some time to analyse the situation to make a decision. And since situation is new to you, it is possible that you might make a wrong decision.
But if you faced that situation before then probably you could make quick decision and possibly the correct decision.
Experienced players with lot of playing usually don't make mistakes as they are familiar with lot of awkward situations and know how to handle them. They make quick decisions but sometimes they take more time, just to re-check.