Is it better to play fast or think before the wick?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
kahneman - think slowly decide quickly --- You should definitely listen to this audiobook !!!.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
To each his own.
Every individual thinks and acts differently.
So one has to play trial and error method to define ones style of play.
I make my decision Quick.
Right or wrong is defined by the TILT:)
I could be on a draw oes, or flush, so i go by instinct.
Lot of factors to decide a style of play.

Thanks

M

maxboy44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately I tend to go too fast when someone raises my bet. Very stupid, but I am getting slower

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, I play the fast way and I easily decide with which hands to fold and which to call, but in a more difficult situations when I'm not sure that I'm with the stronger hand, In that moment I take some time to think.

M

maxboy44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it better to play fast or think before the wink?

To think is better, But I often play too quickly when someone raises my bet. But I am beginning to control my automatic reaction.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some decisions i do automaticly, but some times I have to think. I think more profitable to tank in some difficult situations.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting question, i thought the answer will be that i gotta think, but i think that i made more mistakes when thinkiing or overthinking, so now u got me, i dont know :p

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually make quick decisions. If the hand is an all in or of great importance no matter how quickly I decide I usually double check my thought process. Go thru each street and evaluate. I never want to get eliminated because I didn’t realize that this player only shoves the nuts or fold to a player I’ve noted shoves all in with air. There’s times where you must take your time. Obviously you can make a quick decision if you have the nuts.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play fast, I have many tables to play!

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general when u make a quick desition u make a wrong one. So when is a toff desition i do a lot of thinking.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When do you most often make the wrong decisions in poker: when are you making a quick decision or when you think about this decision on a time bank?:turtle:

I'm playing up to 12 tables at microlimits, my decisions are instant.
BUT
during some important hands at high buy-in MTTs or SNGs I wish I could buy another minute or two sometimes. Too much details to think about. I actually enjoy these moments of adrenaline analysing in poker, tilt control, field control, opponents control, do the maths, check the bluffs, and so on... it's great at higher stakes. But for the low stake games durin multitabling I play like some robot, instant decisions, win or lose, bet or fold, calling opponents bets in like 5% of cases, always just bet or fold.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to think about my decisions using a time bank. If I make quick decisions, then only with strong pocket cards.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually when you play a lot of tables.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, in some situations it,s better to think a bit, especially if you not sure in some situations.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
more than one time, its the game, you have to feel when step down.

2017WSOP

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When do you most often make the wrong decisions in poker: when are you making a quick decision or when you think about this decision on a time bank?:turtle:

Best to think through things, never quick unless you are time betting.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, it is still better to think more than to make a decision immediately. I've played many times this way without thinking about the situation. Although it happened, the instant decision was true (too many times). However, I am for the deliberate actions ....

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yah gee you don't want to think. I mean don't work through the hand or anything like that (online)... and don't take a bit of time during your play to think (live). It's much better to not think & just click the buttons.
wtf is up with this thread? omg

L

likesithere

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer to make all my decisions with the same amount of time some are good some are bad but i dont give a timing tell away. i look at my cards early as i can and make my guess at what my play will be unless factors change on the way to me.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I am always thinking at the table, there is no other way to play. I know that your gut reaction is usually right, and most of the time, once I hasve examined the situation, I follow that instinct. But, there are times when that is wrong. You have to take into consideration what the opponents are doing, how the table is playing and what the situation is. There are times when I am playing at a super tight table, I get a 63o UTG and my gut tells me to fold. But, then I look at the way the table is playing and my table image and I put in a pot-sized raise and the whole table folds around to me. You also have to think about your opponents...personally, I do not use a HUD...I do take very good notes and I will review them and analyze what I think my opponent has and if he is trying to get me to fold to a bluff or call a monster. I think these are signs of a solid player and if you want to be the best you can be, you should study the game and always be thinking at the table.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Mix it up. Go fast, go slow. When the time you need to think comes, your opponents won't be able to judge your atitude correctly.
Best of Luck.

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if I make it quick, i'm getting a bad one, and if i'm thinking too mutch, i'm generaly bluffing, so I think that the perfect time is like 10 seconds before the action...

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times I play too quickly and make a bad decision. So I think it's better to make it a habit to take some time to think on every move.

Y

Yunyi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard to say. sometime fast is better sometime slow is better. i guess the more important thing is to stay calm, so we could get right intuition when play fast, right rational decision when play slow.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
better think about everything well, but I play fast