Intuition,yes or no?!

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a slightly different opinion than most opinions, in my opinion you can recommend intuition and your own instincts. Once I read a fairly extensive interview with an outstanding player such as Doyle Brunson and he was saying that his game is largely based on intuition.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
My intuition rarely wakes up. You have to rely on good cards and good luck.:)

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go with my gut sometimes but I think it's more likely I get a tell off someone making an odd bet if they didn't catch.:D:D

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not bad for me in poker to intuit or have that thought without an argument, it can be used sometimes when a fold or call is very complicated but I do not think it is justified

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes! Sometimes for call o fold I use the intuition :dontknow:

I

ivan petrovic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Iintuition

Intuition is the part of this game,you must look and think of cards ,but you look on players,sometime when I feel in my heart,sometime ,YES INTUITION can get god resultate.;););););););););)

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
absolutely not, I ave the worst guess record ever. I have a better chance if I toss a ball in the air and call Heads or Tails for all in.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition is definitely a part of game game, but intuition can be wrong sometimes. I wouldn't solely base my game off intuition.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition is a form of anticipation, when you are not coming to a given result or decision knowingly, but instead subconsciously. In poker this means that you make a decision without having a logical justification, but you still feel that decision will be correct.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha...with this game you will go far :)

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Do you trust your initiation while playing poker?For example, you have bad cards and the intuition tells you to go all in!!!

intuition is good, but experience and knowledge are better :)

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
intuition usually leads me to the biggest mistakes :D

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
All-in with a bad card - this is a pernicious idea

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Tamara822,

As described by other members, I do believe that your gut feeling should not be completely ignored - however, in the particular case you just mentioned (going all-in with bad cards) this is a bold move that could obviously lead to you being out of the game instantenously.

To be more precise: what do you by "bad cards"? 52 offsuit? With this cards, even if my belly was literally talking to me, I wouldn't listen to him. Why should I? With 52o there's almost no way you can win on an all-in, except you being incredibly lucky, having either set, straight or fullhouse. Since this doesn't happen too often, I would only listen to this gut feeling if your hands at least have a certain edge over potential hands of an opponent. You need to consider, for an opponent to call your all-in, he will probably have you dominated reaching a single overpair.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just lost in the tournament with 99. And my intuition told me not to go all in. But I didn't listen to her. :)

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes is good, sometimes not. That is a different between good and bad players. Because good player know when he can use intuition.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you trust your initiation while playing poker?For example, you have bad cards and the intuition tells you to go all in!!!

This is not intuation,this have another name.
This is gambling,o yeah!
Intuation is when you fold QQ because you feel opp have KK,but go all in with 2 7 is not intuation just gambling man,sry.

fosa17

fosa17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, first you have to observe the percentage you have to win and if it is favorable to be carried by intuition, that they complement each other.

Efeb23

Efeb23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My guess is that based on past experiences in poker games and based on your personality you can really rely on your intuition. I'm pretty sure that she is there for everyone...

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! In this can to believe or not to believe, but if I would always believed in your intuition :idea:
playing in Poker, that at present time I long ago forgot to think about money....:rolleyes: But a most interesting, I think, that many players
could have said the same thing!..:)

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the past I have listened to my intuition a little too much, though instinct can be a good thing in poker and many 'feeling' players have been successful, in today's poker world you simply cannot rely on intuition. Instead it can be used to aid your decision making based on the information at hand both on the villains in the hand and the relevant math/EV/ICM calculations etc.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not necessarily intuition I only pay if I feel I have a good hand or not in the end you can lose against a pair of 22.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I remember one Particular hand I was in in a big tourney and was stacked pretty good,
I raised on the button with K/10 diamonds, called by the BB and Hijack.
We flopped 3 diamonds so I led with a small/ mediocre continuation bet and both called, Turn gave a spade with a straight draw now on board which I loved as if these other players were drawing to a straight I would own both of them,
River was another diamond and my first reaction was to push but I felt something had gone wrong so I bet about half the pot which by now was quite big.
BB shoved all in and Hijack called all in and I folded my King flush why?
I read my players spot on, BB had played A/K with the Ace of Diamonds so had the nut flush and I don't know what game the Hijack was playing because be only had 2 pair????
But I do remember a time I called a bet once when I had A/10 off and hit 2 pair on flop and by the river had not improved but the board had 4 spades and I didn't have a spade in my hand. what made this different was the betting size by the BB and Hijack players.
No one raised pre-flop 200 on flop 200 on turn and 600 on river and Hijack folded river, so a sizeable pot and I just said "well if you have a spade, you got me but I have to call 600, I have 2 pair" and BB mucked.
Intuition or gut call it what you want but in both instances I played the right way

Last edited:
S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to tell you the truth, i am better at live games (reading people) than i am online.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I never. I always use my knowledge of the game to make decisions.
(that's what I recommend).