Intuition,yes or no?!

D

DixonHuenow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trust my gut all the time. If it fails you don't trust it. If it rakes in money, keep it to yourself!!! You won't gain any friends bragging, and it pisses a lot of people off to think you can do something they can't.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker itself is not a game of intuition but observation and reading of the game, it does not help your intuition to make you call or push all in one hand if it is not the correct move. You have to be always attentive and watching the table you play at and the profile of your opponents, so that you can make the correct moves and readings necessary to win chips ;):p:D

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you trust your initiation while playing poker?For example, you have bad cards and the intuition tells you to go all in!!!

trusting intuition in most cases is not advisable, you need to think analytically

DJIGIT666

DJIGIT666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play purely intuitively without paying attention to other factors is a utopia. Another thing is to combine intuition, skill and luck.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think building your intuitive skills is an important talent and should be developed to it's full potential, and then take it's place in your bag of tricks to be used as needed .... when needed along with all the other things that help you make an individual decision...however the situation you described and expecting it to work in some positive way would be setting yourself up for failure ... knee jerk // impulsive // rash thought ... oh I've got a feeling .... is just gonna show poorly in my opinion : )

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HELLO!

Bad cards definitely sent. And about intuition, she tells me when to fold cards! There are times when your opponent checks, and your intuition is telling you not to raise. I check to see if there is a good card. As a result, he has a cooler, but I did not lose my stack.:jd4::jd4::jd4:

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that intuition should be common sense and a certain bankroll.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think intuition is an important part of the game, especially folding decent hands

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I suppose to the enough seasoned poker players 'intuition' is nothing more then their experience talking.

In a situation where game meta says one thing they might go the other way because they have seen enough times certain type of players making certain type of moves so they go to exploit that even if not the game theory optimal course of action they recognize the niche situation in which they are in.

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mmmm..i don`t think so much about the "intuiton", it`s just study and get % about your cards

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can use intuition to fold a game after the cards are on the table, depending on the opponent's action, but shoving with a bad hand pre floop never kkkkk

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Do you trust your initiation while playing poker?For example, you have bad cards and the intuition tells you to go all in!!!

I generally tend to follow my gut (intuition). It seems when I don't I regret it. I have heard from a lot of players that they had an urge to play and hand and when they did, they won and when they didn't they would have won. While generally, I base my game on fundamentals, there is sometimes that little inner voice that gives me direction and I try to follow it.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not doubt that at some point intuition will lead you to win one hand or another, since poker has a large percentage of luck, but do not trust it very much, here the good hands are in charge.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not follow intuition. I analyze the situation and look for player's stats (if it is online) or tells (if it is live) to take final decision if it is 50/50 situation.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

My intuition tells me that if I do not have the patience, I should not start playing. My intuition also tells me that in order to become a successful player, I must be disciplined and strictly adhere to bankroll management.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition helps. If you are sure, then of course you can go to allin with 2 4.
Only if you checked your intuition earlier and it does not fail you.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah I dont trust it... I normally go with the odds of the cards and decide that way. Intuition is too unreliable in my opinion.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hello.
Of course, sometimes I rely on my intuition, but usually my intuition doesn't tell me such nonsense.

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trust my intuition, but I don’t ask it whether I should go all-in with bad cards:D

Last edited:
H3kf

H3kf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No intuition pls! My girlfriend often use her intuition (not good).

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that intuition appears in a poker player with the experience of his game. A young player cannot rely on intuition. I still do not trust my intuition.

gabito_117

gabito_117

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t trust intuition..I even don`t trust in me, tonight when I sleep I put my hand under my pillow and in the morning when I start to awake my hand is at my balls

M

Madragalahad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In some situations, intuition is all you have - especially in MTTs if you're fairly short stacked (average chips or less) and the blinds are getting expensive. You can't afford to wait very long for a premium hand. Recognise that playing any hand at this stage severely damages your chances if you lose. So shove or fold - this isn't the time to play from the flop! Raise all in preflop with any hand if there is a raise and two or more callers in front of you. Your best chance of recovery is an inspired moment of recklessness. Remember the money you're after is at the final table end of the tournament, not here. Unless you're content to merely scrape past the bubble, and perhaps double your buy in after five or six hours play.

Highscoregodx

Highscoregodx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a funny thing, but if my woman sits down with me during a game and starts playing with me, she trusts more intuition, and often she wins with very bad starting cards.