Intuition,yes or no?!

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you trust your initiation while playing poker?For example, you have bad cards and the intuition tells you to go all in!!!

Last edited:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you trust your initiation while playing poker?For example, you have bad cards and the intuition tells you to go all in!!!

Thank you for posting

Trusting your feel of the situation can be good if it is based on data collection

Thinking you can gage your impression of the future consistently is a big mistake

We often ignore all the times we felt it and missed because we think ohh I really didn’t feel that one

Hope this helps:)

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
No, no, no - with bad cards no all in, unless it is based on bluff initially intended and favorably projected :top:

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, intuition the way you describe it. Intuition based on how you read another player is different but intuition based on your starting cards a big no.

T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In live poker you can "feel" your opponents and adjust, or even "feel" the cards, although this is more witchcraft than reality, but online that doesnt work at all. So no.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
All-in with a bad card - for the sake of intuition, I think this is a bad idea !!! I think that one out of ten you can probably win, but that will not help you become a successful poker player !!!

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was younger my intuition during poker was very strong. Now as I am older this ability or skill just isn't there anymore. Youth is wasted on the young. It sucks to get old.

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think intuition can play a part sometimes in poker, but I would rather go with educated guesses backed by a lot of experience playing poker.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't win at poker with that logic...sometimes, of course, you can get lucky...but this is a negative decision in general :)

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hi. I understand that when you talk about intuition it means betting on luck or that intuition can also come from an experience that the player has acquired through practice and studies or using online calculators, thereby realizing the probability of the hand to win.

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not a game of intuition. this is a game for knowledge of mathematics and psychology. if you know these components perfectly, you can win.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to be patient and only play with good cards. If I begin to trust my intuition more than my experience and my knowledge, then I better play the lottery.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes but not to go all in. More whether someone is bluffing I don't consider intuition as magically telling the future but your conscious and subconscious senses picking up on things that your conscious mind doesn't completely see by itself.:)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that intuition is not an adviser in poker. more need to trust your knowledge and experience.

VILI_93

VILI_93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes my intuition is great. i dont like play how robot.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition

in my opinion it is very important but like everything, it has to be accompanied by calculations, ranges and everything. intuition is one more tool, but always accompanied

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online no, I think that can work live, the ideal for me is not to be guided by intuition, they are other more important factors to earn money:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jajaja I think it's better not to trust this case

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I do and sometimes it pays off. Intuition is a thing in a poker play. For me at least it is. But it comes as a tool afterwards the math of poker, not before it.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
sometimes I play by my intuition but mostly try to calculate and take into account my cards on my hands and then accept...

A

ayt183

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes with a garbage hand I want to make a re-raise or push, but my mind takes over and I discard the cards, then the flop opens and the turn and the river and you realize that you have discarded the NATs.BUT WHEN YOU START PLAYING SUCH HANDS IT LEADS TO A MINUS!!!!!

A

ArcticWolf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Relying on my "intuition" or "gut-feeling" almost always leads me to try and make a hero call that rarely works. I try to ignore my intuition when I am playing, however, if I am running really well and have a nice stack behind, it's not the worst thing in the world if you end up making an ill-advised call based on your intuition.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My intuition rarely fails me in real life, but in poker, if I play to make money, it does not suit her. The statistics of my game should reflect the real state of my affairs in poker, which should be based on a strategy unchanged in the periods of the game, and not random decisions. Otherwise, poker turns into roulette.

A

axel142

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
intuition based on data and how you read to other players: yes
intuition based on "this is my lucky hand": no d": no