Intuition,yes or no?!

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer don’t believe in intuition cause will turn Poker in a game where the gamble in your lucky is more important than probability and mental techniques.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I trust my intuition, though it sometimes fails me:)

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Intuition can sometimes be marginal, you can't always rely on intuition in all situations because it can surprise you.

T

Taktik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that intuition is an integral part of the game is the same as luck.

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your gut feeling in playing poker is very important. This is the reason you remember you bad beats more than your big wins. It is a natural defense mechanism, though it does not in my opinion out weigh the numbers, poker math such as the calculation of odds is of utmost importance. This is what I need to personally work on in my game... Great question!

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Our gut feelings are called gut feelings for a reason -- research suggests that emotion and intuition are very much rooted in the "second brain" in the gut. They connect deeply with others.

Play from your gut instead of your brain can be a dangerous strategy. I think a combo of both is ideal. Unless your a straight up jedi lol then use the force. I sometimes play with this like trying to visualize the next card and make it appear but more often than not I miss. Guess I have to work on my second brain power (the force) more.

Anybody else every try to visualize the card they want? it's an amazing feeling when it hits. The other night I'm on bb with pocket 9s I miss the flop. Then I think in my mind you have a 9 of clubs in your heart. Then I look up at the screen and turn comes 9 of clubs. The force is real sometimes!!!

Side note early in that game I was telling a buddy about how I had lost my last live tourney with pocket 4's and how I dont like 4s now. He says to me you didnt have a 4 in your heart. I thought to myself that's a funny statement. Then the above story happened strange game to say the least. :icon_albi:icon_albi

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This often happens to me. But I never go to the whole bank, the more that I do is bet on if I have a good stack.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
intuition

clearly not, you have to play with intelligence, not with hunches, otherwise we will never reach anything, the intuition with the example you give seems to me that it is useless, to read a player of course yes. regards

M

maximburlacu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I use poker intuition I often lose, statistics help me more!:p

O

olegshubin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to trust my intuition. If you pay attention at the table, you will consciously and sub-consciously make observations at the table. When that red flag goes off and you are not sure why, it could be an observation of the latter causing you to have a strong feeling toward an action.

If it ends up being wrong, continue to observe to see what led to that feeling.

Totally agree with you. Observing an opponent is the key to success.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
clearly not, you have to play with intelligence, not with hunches, otherwise we will never reach anything, the intuition with the example you give seems to me that it is useless, to read a player of course yes. regards

I would say it depends what your hunches are based on. If you are basing them on feelings like "I am due to catch my card" or " I bet he is bluffing cause he has a stain on his shirt" then yes, those are useless.

If you are observing your opponent and your hunch is based on your opponent doing something that seems out of character or doesn't make sense for how the rest of the hand played out. Then I would say that can be valuable, and if it turns out to be wrong, as always, re-evaluate what caused you to have that feeling to begin with.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
intuicion

Hi. I think it is relative it has to be accompanied by other things eg. position and other things more. with pure intuition, you can only win a few hands. I think

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you trust your initiation while playing poker?For example, you have bad cards and the intuition tells you to go all in!!!
with bad cards intuitions newer tells me to go all in preflop, but call when some one raises mine bet and mine intuition says call i trust and call;):cool:

fosa17

fosa17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing live is easier than playing online, the face says the cards and there is the intuition of your next moves.

L

Luqitazzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I do not get carried away by intuition

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah no intuition... its basically just biased recollection of whether you're right when you guess. I don't subscribe to that theory.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker, not by the gut..

If your "gut" tells you one thing, "if I get a J on the turn, I'm shoving", vs your "brain" which tells you, "wait till you see the river before shoving". Listen to the brain.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes if, if several players do all in, and I have a good feeling with both hands, I can go all in, sometimes I have won like this.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think about it, then probably any card has a chance to win. here it’s more about common sense. After all, many people go to the all inn with absolutely any cards without even seeing the flop. Speaking to myself, I can go all in with not the strongest pair, but it depends on the tournament in which I play.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I will go in on any 2 cards, depending on position and how I have read my oponent.
I wont go all in just because of intuition. But I do believe intuition is key to calling preflop or raising. My intuition is usually spot on. Not paying attention to it has been a big regret to me several times.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't want to trust my intuition anymore. WHY? Because intuition tells me he has top pair you got him and then Ooh NO he has better second pair. That is why.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Sometimes intuition can help. If you hold a hand and you are sure, that you gonna win, then you play with confidence. And your selfconfidence can make opps fold, so your intuition win.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this does not exist kkkk
If so, everyone would win as hands

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
We know very well that playing poker has rules and skills, but sometimes playing low hand with intuition, which gives our opponent a chance to win.

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I have been playing very conservative, but it happened to me in the last tournament that I played at the table there were a pair of 8 a k and 3 2, we kept raising bets until the last one was all in.
I was meditating the hand and that I could have I only had a pair of k but that pair of eight was a little scary, I finally paid and it turns out that I had a pair of 6.
Sometimes intuition favors you others makes you make bad decisions