Intuition,yes or no?!

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I trust when I am sure of a strong and unbeatable game. But if I have a reasonable game I don't bet everything because I still have a chance to lose at the showdown. I try to be rational.;)

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not trust my intuition and would not go to all in with bad cards. Weak players usually go all in with bad cards turning poker into a lottery.

Ami9559

Ami9559

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Когда работает чуйка 50/50

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I listen to that little voice and, yes, it has worked for me more than once. I have found, though, that the intuitive feeling comes right away and lasts only a fleeting moment. If my 'logical' thinking takes over it can quickly overwhelm any intuitive sense. There have been a number of times I decided to fold only to find I would have won.

S

sebablue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition plus statistics are a good support to make good decisions. For my part there are times that intuition makes me make good decisions and sometimes bad, but if it brings you good results, welcome. In conclusion from my point of view 50% yes 50% no.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe in intuition, but I believe in nuts and accurate calculation! And intuition is the ability to see how your opponents play, and how they play a particular hand

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If intuition includes reasoning and analysis sometimes is what you need to win. Might not be right, but it feels right, you know what I mean?

F

fmrocchetti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely. I won more hands by intuition than by having good cards.

W

wstclair777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if it's intuition that everyone behind me will fold, never getting in with bad cards in hopes of hitting the flop.

J

Justdoit818

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not a game of intuition. this is a game for knowledge of mathematics and very lucky. if you know these components perfectly.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.No ,not all .Maybe, that may happen in a determined hand,only if I have a hand that can beat my opponent´s hand..

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I believe in intuition but sometimes i ve got some bad beats

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend not to play player on a good run online... Intuition or what, they tend to win on any two :D

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't call it intuition ... I would call it more the power of deduction.
But I do believe you sometime gotta follow your heart and trust you are going to hit that flush on the river =]

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, intuition is for lack of knowledge, always play with probabilities and knowledge

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in intuition but in reading the game if you pay attention

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you trust your initiation while playing poker?For example, you have bad cards and the intuition tells you to go all in!!!

90% of the time when I choose to ignore my intuition and play "correct" or try some fancy bluff while sensing opp has a hand I get burned.

One example is when a player in a tourney limped for the first time (and the whole game he had always been raising) from UTG, yet I still shoved my 99 short-stacked knowing he had an ace, only because it was "correct", because I feared one more orbit and the game would be unrecoverable yet I knew I would lose the tourney right there if I didn't hit a set.

More common is me firing off some crazy bluff for 2 streets on super wet boards knowing opp has top pair and I get called, and my intuition tells me I'll get called but I bet anyway convincing myself opp thinks at a higher level than they really do lol.

Moral is, intuition does play a role in helping you catch things that are out of the ordinary for a certain player and you can use experience to speculate from there. One of my biggest leaks is not trusting my intuition, and instead playing "correct". This is something I've seen Phil Ivey stressing as well in his masterclass, knowledge is good but if you've been playing long enough to have a good sense of players you can't use knowledge as justification to make a play that you sense will lose you the pot.

As for having 2 bad cards and going all in, that's not really what I see as intuition. Intuition is knowing when you're beat and when you're ahead based on thousands of hands of experience even if you don't necessarily understand why.

Last edited:
B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes that's the only thing you can rely on

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I trust less than i should, i tend to know which cards everyone has with a lot of accuracy..

But depends a lot, what instance im playing, against who im playing

jovan123

jovan123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you trust your initiation while playing poker?For example, you have bad cards and the intuition tells you to go all in!!!
I truly believe that to be a successful either amateur or full time player you definitely have to have that extra something that lets you know that trouble is lurking and to get away from the hand and at times lets you know exactly where you are or to catch that last card you need on the river
..the problem occurs when we do get that feeling (as I know I have many times ) and for some reason we choose to ignore it and even as I'm about to ignore the feeling and make a bad call I again feel its wrong to ignore it but stubborn me chooses wrong and its usually expensive for me ...I will say though the last couple of years I've learned to listen to myself much more carefully and most of the time I'm right

M

markmu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
90% of the time when I choose to ignore my intuition and play "correct" or try some fancy bluff while sensing opp has a hand I get burned.

One example is when a player in a tourney limped for the first time (and the whole game he had always been raising) from UTG, yet I still shoved my 99 short-stacked knowing he had an ace, only because it was "correct", because I feared one more orbit and the game would be unrecoverable yet I knew I would lose the tourney right there if I didn't hit a set.

More common is me firing off some crazy bluff for 2 streets on super wet boards knowing opp has top pair and I get called, and my intuition tells me I'll get called but I bet anyway convincing myself opp thinks at a higher level than they really do lol.

Moral is, intuition does play a role in helping you catch things that are out of the ordinary for a certain player and you can use experience to speculate from there. One of my biggest leaks is not trusting my intuition, and instead playing "correct". This is something I've seen Phil Ivey stressing as well in his masterclass, knowledge is good but if you've been playing long enough to have a good sense of players you can't use knowledge as justification to make a play that you sense will lose you the pot.

As for having 2 bad cards and going all in, that's not really what I see as intuition. Intuition is knowing when you're beat and when you're ahead based on thousands of hands of experience even if you don't necessarily understand why.

Haha, yes, i feel you and i see it the same way. I'm still a complete beginner, but i think your last sentence is very important.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
My intuition often fails me. Unfortunately:rolleyes:

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition is a good thing, but I'd rather trust my knowledge. Notes on opponents, the testimony of statistics and mathematics. But.... Today my intuition saved me: I fold a flush on my opponent's full house. Lucked.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

If you listen to that crazy voice in your head that tells you to go all in with bad cards preflop, and it works.. then you will always be hearing that voice and screw yourself most of the time.
That little voice is what creates gambling addictions.. seriously.