How long can a person play poker?

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played for 16-18 hours all the time, but in the end I couldn't concentrate on the game and made a lot of mistakes.

mpelletier92

mpelletier92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After 4 hours my game starts to get bad mostly because I'm getting tired/bored.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone is different. Some people can play 24 tables for 2 days straight, others can't handle 1 table for an hour. It depends on you and the stamina you have built up.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the all CardsChat community!
I think this depends from my condition in the present time (day). If I'm feel yourself is a very good, then I can to play almost the all day... Hence the all relate how always with the health!
May be I speak a banal thing, but the HEALTH is most main! Therefore care about yourself health, and then you will in the playing form how in poker, so and by life! I wish this the ALL!:D

waynecorts

waynecorts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Days

When i did meth back in the day i played for 6 days straight not no more though

Haggard88

Haggard88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

I'd say 8 to 9 hrs with breaks of 15 minutes every 1.5 hrs is reasonable on a live cash game. However, I think no matter how long you play as long as you stay focused and mind cleard you could have a good profit.
Food, massages, music and sit outs will always help. Do not go hard on the alcohol as you could start making wrong decisions.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In online poker without a break I can only play for 45 minutes I think. Those 5 minutes break are essential to rest the mind. But it is hard to keep up your focus and patience for hours in online poker

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I´ve read about poker pros who have played for more than 24 hours in a row.What´s more,some months ago I watched a video that Patrik Antonius shared in his Instagram.He showed a moment of a large session of cash game in Las Vegas and it was the turn of Daniel Cates aka Jungleman.Cates was sleeping and players had to tell him to wake up.Well , in my case an 8 hour session is enough..

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It all depends on the person, time, desire, there is a certain time !!

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I can at least twenty-four hours to sit at the table, time for me is not a problem, the main thing that the time spent was not in vain.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play for 6 - 8 hours a day is normal. The main thing is to be alert, calm, not to feel tired and choose a favorable time for the game. It all depends on the state of your health and ambition in the tasks.

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like every orher job, stick to maximum 8-9 hours. More than that and yoi risk playing on auto pilot, which is not "thinking" poker and you can hit your BR hard

AntA_KO_v

AntA_KO_v

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The time of continuous play depends on the discipline of poker I think. If these are tournaments, then any deep run takes at least 6-7 hours and 8-10 hours with the final table. About cash poker will not say - because I'm MTT player. So in tours first 6-7 hours are effective then I feel tired and going to gamble at most times or if have enough chips just go out to drink some tea and have a shower.

J

jokkerivanapoiss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there drug tests on live poker? If not, some players could take advantage of whatever drugs, that enhance concentration..

T

TheBigOneQQ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As I do not have much time to play I play some time during the week :(

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After 6h brain starting to make some jokes) I think 4h session 2h break and 2h session is perfect. But someone playing poker 12h+ and showing good results. It is very individual. And there is interesting fact: after 45mins human starting to lose his concentration.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the most productive game is 1-2 hours, I usually play a maximum of 4-5 hours.

L

Lampardmarko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, if I have nothing to do, I can play all day but every 4 hours I have to take a 30-minute break

antifragilegg

antifragilegg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think my longest was about 8 hours before I started to really lose concentration. There are a number of streamers that have done 24 hour streams. I don't think I'd ever be able to do that.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have streamed poker for 19 hours straight before. Although I do have friends who have streamed longer than 24hours.

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as they don't go on tilt or can't stay awake anymore. You can play as long as you are still alert and awake.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I ask the following question: it can be an online game and a live poker.
My question is this: how long can a person play poker, giving the best for the game?

Also ask them what they think about the current tournament formats regarding playtime. They think it's ok or if something needs to be modified. regards
I think a very long poker game takes the player's concentration and becomes very tiring, I've seen online poker game with more than 7 hours of play.

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It dependens

The strategy to play online or live its diferent. But you have more chances on live tables. Have ever seen on live poker the rare hands that happen on onlive rooms?

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
once played a tourney for 12 hours...last 2 were challenging to stay awake

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are wanting to play at your best it is really different for each individual. Poker is a thinking game that requires making choices to execute strategy. The moment one's cognitive skills begin declining that is when their ability to play the game at their lifetime best will be gone forever.