How long can a person play poker?

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I ask the following question: it can be an online game and a live poker.
My question is this: how long can a person play poker, giving the best for the game?

Also ask them what they think about the current tournament formats regarding playtime. They think it's ok or if something needs to be modified. regards

I

ivey2020

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most is 10 hours with breaks in between after that the stress and math is taxing. At least for me i can't even go for 2 hours without standing up and going to the bathroom or getting a snack but thats just my novice self.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Once i played on play chips HU 24 hours without breaks )) It was when i only start play poker.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i think in a long session in online about 10 or 12 hours max, in live about 8 hours

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My duration of the game is either until I lose all the chips, or until I fall asleep ))) But in general, after four hours of continuous games, I get bored, and I begin to make mistakes.

G

Giacominii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe something about 7 to 9 hours, and then your head will reach a point that you can't think straight.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think my longest was about 8 hours before I started to really lose concentration. There are a number of streamers that have done 24 hour streams. I don't think I'd ever be able to do that.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most productive playing time for each player is the first four hours. Then, fatigue begins and the concentration drops. I never play more than 4-5 hours.

uros1991

uros1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8-10 hours is period where i think somebody can have most concetrate on game.Everything after that is torture for brain and mistake is in big % possible ..

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i can play online for hours, but i'm always multitasking. live poker i have no choice so i can only last a few hours at a time but minimum 6 hours

naitutreaba

naitutreaba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 10h ,not sure if it was an A game:))

D

Dlbcanuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with playing long stretches is you can lose the ability to make the right calls. you can get bored or it's simple fatigue that affects your judgement.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I only play poker when I have free time, but no more than 5-6 hours a day. In the Guinness Book of Records, this record is about 115 hours.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t know, I have been playing poker for 4 years and I don’t want to quit; you can play it all your life if you don’t get bored.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I have played for 2 days straight on several occasions (not recommended).

Phil Laak has/had the Guinness World Record for the longest continuous poker session on the felt: 78 hours, 25 minutes and 45 seconds.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no correct set amount of time. Once one realizes they are getting tired and no longer playing their A game then its time to take a break.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Complex answer. In general I play poker for 1 or 2 hours at the most. But, I am a recreative player. If you are a professional poker player then your poker session can be anywhere between 2 and 8 hours.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When learning to play 7-10 hours playing poker, it is now a maximum of 4.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm on an upswing I can keep it going for days at a time with short 15-20 minute naps here and there.

I've had to maintain my focus in other situations for longer so this comes quite easily thanks to my previous training.

The hardest thing for me to do at the moment is taking a smoke break to collect myself after a bad beat instead of playing another hand.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play poker for about 9-11 hours a day. If I play for more hours, personally, for me, I lose concentration, care and I cannot objectively decide because of fatigue.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the longest poker session I ever played was around 16-18 hours. I was grinding to hit supernova before the end of the year around 6 or so years ago. I’m not proud to admit that I wasn’t playing my a-game towards the end of that (though in my limited defense I knew that at the time, stuck to ABC poker, and the bonuses I knew I’d get for hitting were quite advantageous for me). Short of spacing stuff out/doing a better job planning so that I didn’t have to close out that year with a grueling session, I’d do it again haha.

Live poker sessions (with more breaks) can often go for 12+ hours which is one way in which live poker can be much more physical than online. One wsop main event day a few years back I think went over 13 and I had to be very conscious about maintaining my focus. In general I’d say I can play my best (without continually having to remind myself to do so haha) for around 8-10 hours before focusing becomes quite a bit more difficult. Therefore I try to limit my play to that long.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion it's highly variable in between individuals and within the individual, it's not the same to start after a break from poker and a good night's sleep and have a winning session or to start already tired and be on a losing streak.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think what would you professional not was over time you lose concentration .your senses are dulled and you lose control of the game.rest just does not go around for a long session of poker.and you can play this game all your life giving all the most important and valuable)!

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It varies depending on your condition, I have come to play 24 hours of poker in several tournaments and doing good results