How long can a person play poker?

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I personally only like a tournament to last two hours. That way they don't feel out your strategy for the day yet and you can pounce and win.

As far as your second question. I would like a small stakes buy-in daily for a decent pot to have only a one hour late registration. Just once a day would be nice. I think people would line up for the tournament and the guarantee would be met.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sleepy is what makes me play bad, just play when I slept well and I can be playing about 10 hours after that time prefer to rest and do other things:secruity::secruity::p:p

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be different. If i start to feel what i lost concentration i will finish to play

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Half a day-12 hours, but the concentration is not on a top level.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The answer is one, play to the last cent and the eyes can still distinguish one suit of cards from another.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I ask the following question: it can be an online game and a live poker.
My question is this: how long can a person play poker, giving the best for the game?

Also ask them what they think about the current tournament formats regarding playtime. They think it's ok or if something needs to be modified. regards

Wisdom from Doyle Brunson

ask yourself:

1) Is the game good?
2) Am I playing good?
3) Am I feeling good?

If yes to all, keep playing, if no to any consider quitting, if no to all always quit.

G

gazdagleszek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opinion

In years it s hard to say but in a day I say 2-3 free hours for once verry difficult just sit watch concentrate.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played off and on for 62 years. I've played almost every day for 15 years. Most of the time 8 to 12 hours a day, several tournaments at a time. I don't play cash games,, because I suck at them... I've probably played over 8 or 9 million hands in that 15 years. And I still enjoy the game.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play non-stop on Sundays and it is 10 hours or until the tournaments end, during the week I play a maximum of 4 hours because if I get bored, I take a rest for at least an hour to continue playing well during the week, each person is different and many They play well despite the fact that they are more than 10 hours or 12 or all day long they already know each other and carry their rhythm and concentration:fight::fight::fight::fight:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You can play as long as you can succed a quality game, which it is not the same every time, it depends from the condition we are and the course of the game.:wavey:

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think which person has your limit. When I play more than 3 hrs i begin take wrong decisions

L

Liru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well for me personally I can play with no breaks and just concentrating about 2 or 3 hours with breaks it is way more around 7 maybe 8 hours.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on each person. It depends on how rested he is.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Non-stop I would say my most was 12 hrs or so.. Some weekends when Im not working I can stay playing for 8 hrs or so no problem. But something else will always get my attention by then!

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
From what I have observed in tournaments is each player has his or her limits to length of time and number of tables being played. Some factors seem to come into play, time/number of tables/bad beats/wins/losses/spots to ITM losses/background distractions/time of day/sleep night before/life stress/etc...

For myself 12 hr stretches or 6 to 12 tables seems to be the sweet spot at this time. I tend fluctuate the number of tables depending on many of the above factors.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a person can play poker for a long time, the main thing is that the player likes the game and the main thing is that you get profit from the game

podoloboq

podoloboq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm not remember but more than ten hours))

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A day in 1 week it is posible and around 12-15 hours.

D

Dimmarik411

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After 8 hours of playing, your head stops thinking properly, and you start making a lot of mistakes that lead to losing

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Longest period of time i played was about 18 hours. It was a live and cash game session. Of course with meal breaks in-between.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you can play poker all your life and when you play the best it is the more time you have playing.
you just don't have to be impatient, in this game you can be the best in the world but you can still lose against the worst.
Regarding time and formats, it has variety and you can choose the one that best suits your taste. I personally do not like having so much late registration time

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
the duration of the game depends a lot on various factors, but I think everyone already after the first 3-4 hours, the desire to play disappears

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played for more than 12 hours without breaks, but after the first 5 hours the concentration drops and that's not it anymore :D

B

Baxter2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played one time i think around 15 hours without stoping.. just eat and pee :D