How to keep your nerves calm when in nervous situations in poker

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music helps me !!! it is desirable to rock !!! concentration on the game. and it is desirable to sit at the table in a good mood, because if the day was not very good, then the 99% that you will be nervous at the table

iugiug

iugiug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did anyone see the big cash game hand between Scott Seiver and Dan Coleman? It's a great hand to watch Coleman had AA against Seivers 99 Sevier called Colemans small 4 bet and flopped a set of 9's. When it got to the river Seiver shoved and you could see his heart about to explode. It was a tell of strength and Coleman didn't even notice it or so it seemed, he did end up folding correctly based on other information I guess, but if he just looked at seivers pulse pounding I think he could of folded even quicker.

J

johnnygadget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some 10x Skullcap extract that I take for nerves. I also sometimes take Valarian root extract which I prefer the feeling of, because it makes me feel 'smoother', but it will make me sleepy after awhile.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
deep breathing

hm... Lorazepam, Xanax... :D :D lol

maniaka68

maniaka68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whit Bob Marley this is my best pill when im nervous :) try it its good

iugiug

iugiug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any benzodiazepine will work, currently I'm on Klonopin. Xanax works instantly you have to be careful with these drugs as they can be quite addicting and telling your doctor you need them for poker is not going to happen.

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to believe in yourself, think of positive thoughts. And just like what they say try to breathe in then breathe out.

S

Stone Cold Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all don't play poker if you have some other stuff in your life that are making you super nervous and you can't stop thinking of. Take care of those first. Second when you are playing poker online or live, be as relaxed and calm as you can get and trust your gut, but always take a few seconds to think about your decision you are making in the game at that exact moment.

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music helps me !!! it is desirable to rock !!! concentration on the game. and it is desirable to sit at the table in a good mood, because if the day was not very good, then the 99% that you will be nervous at the table

I storys to play without music,but you are right if a bad mood better not to play

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did anyone see the big cash game hand between Scott Seiver and Dan Coleman? It's a great hand to watch Coleman had AA against Seivers 99 Sevier called Colemans small 4 bet and flopped a set of 9's. When it got to the river Seiver shoved and you could see his heart about to explode. It was a tell of strength and Coleman didn't even notice it or so it seemed, he did end up folding correctly based on other information I guess, but if he just looked at seivers pulse pounding I think he could of folded even quicker.

I not long ago of gachal to play for money with stakes of $7 and my heart begins to beat strongly when such moments happen when I have a 99 for example and the apponent KK for example,but when I collect a set of its pairs such joy in my soul that is beyond words

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some 10x Skullcap extract that I take for nerves. I also sometimes take Valarian root extract which I prefer the feeling of, because it makes me feel 'smoother', but it will make me sleepy after awhile.

Think I need to learn to keep your emotions your own,will help you in life

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any benzodiazepine will work, currently I'm on Klonopin. Xanax works instantly you have to be careful with these drugs as they can be quite addicting and telling your doctor you need them for poker is not going to happen.

Went some preporaty in the subject)))):D

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to believe in yourself, think of positive thoughts. And just like what they say try to breathe in then breathe out.

Thanks for the advice,it really works,he tried more than once

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all don't play poker if you have some other stuff in your life that are making you super nervous and you can't stop thinking of. Take care of those first. Second when you are playing poker online or live, be as relaxed and calm as you can get and trust your gut, but always take a few seconds to think about your decision you are making in the game at that exact moment.

Thanks for the advice,I tried to sit comfortably,but I don't no what valuable things are you talking about?

ConDeck

ConDeck

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its simple... I don't. Often times I am nervous as hell. What I have developed and learned is how to hide this and how to not let it interfere with my thinking/frame of mind. This gets easier with time, or did for me. Maintaining composure despite the nervousness is the key imo :)

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its simple... I don't. Often times I am nervous as hell. What I have developed and learned is how to hide this and how to not let it interfere with my thinking/frame of mind. This gets easier with time, or did for me. Maintaining composure despite the nervousness is the key imo :)

I can't always keep your emotions in calm,low need to smoke a cigarette to calm down

iugiug

iugiug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Back to this one more time! Very good advice here. Doyle wrote something similar as well "don't play when you have something heavy on your mind" Lately for me that's everyday, therefore I'm not playing, not even freerolls. The best thing to do in this mental strain is study in my opinion. Read posts, review hands, take notes on players when reviewing hands, I love this feature on ACR. If you need drugs or alcohol to play your bound for trouble.

Roman Romanov

Roman Romanov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In case of small losses, you can use a pencil or pen to twirl, and best of all the beads (4etki pa russki) that were on hand calms the nerves. But when the loss is great, all flying into the wall with the speed of a fighte

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
keepthefaith

In the beginning a little more to heart received abnormal losses with very strong hands..Everything is in the head and setting of the game

UhhWee

UhhWee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have a "stress ball" (soft plastic material) in that situations, i often need it if opponents hit their 1 or 2 outers on the river :D

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think its best to embrace the nervousness, just try to eliminate distractions and focus on the game at hand

Dany_Style

Dany_Style

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many times you be angry,but just stay relax,think what you must to do now,not push with every 2 card,deep breath and relax, if you relax , again be strong on the table