How to keep your nerves calm when in nervous situations in poker

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you get nervous in an optimal state. I go to the bathroom it helps.

S

Sourtubbie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best way to handle the nerves is to throw yourself into that situation repeatedly till it becomes second nature. It is hard to do and the reason why many people end up creating walls around themselves in life to block out unpredictable situations.
Take public speaking for example,the way you conquer the fear is to join toastmasters and push back against the jitters. Mind you I have read quite a few musicians still get butterflies before concerts,so it must not work for everyone.

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I think poker comes down to control tilt and reading hands ... good players can recover quickly, even after a jolt in the mind set

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, of course, each player can not always be cool! For example you are at the final table and went all in! With each card on the table menyaetsya your condition! The joy of victory and the bitterness of defeat on the river! Of course after a number of such situations can be less rereadings from an emotions to react, but give vent to emotions, all players look at the most famous players!

P

penkov1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i`m listening retro music- bon jovi, ac/dc or sometimes something rhythmical

L

Lincon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start getting nervous or tiltado best way to get out of this situation is stop and to give time may to be 5 minute take a deep breath and relax and get back in the game.

Last edited: