How to keep your nerves calm when in nervous situations in poker

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And again I moved a straight flush 4 to 8,I had a straight flush from 3 to 7,what a pain

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
deep breath, ice tea, chill music. Thats my idea to keep distance from nerves.

but it's not working as long time:S

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to relax.

Practice to have a poker face.

Be like a robot. Dont try to move any parts of body..

We dont want to give any tells to our enemies especially to nervous situitions.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not nervous, I am only dissapoiting, I try make decision EV+, it makes me happy and help me in game, you should try.

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
deep breath, ice tea, chill music. Thats my idea to keep distance from nerves.

but it's not working as long time:S

Agree long this method does not work over the nerves need to work and work:)

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not nervous, I am only dissapoiting, I try make decision EV+, it makes me happy and help me in game, you should try.

Thanks for the idea will definitely use this method

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to relax.

Practice to have a poker face.

Be like a robot. Dont try to move any parts of body..

We dont want to give any tells to our enemies especially to nervous situitions.

Thanks I like your method

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today a bit of the final table in one of the tournaments by using data you thank you helps,no nerves, there is an excellent chance to achieve success in poker

N

nyolcas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not recommend any alcoholic drink during your play or before that! Discover yourself more deeply and try to make some self control practices. I think that in case of beginner players the level of the stakes are increasing the level of the nerves, so if you are a beginner start to play on low stake games.

N

NicoSalazar7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Key to the nerves is confront slowly either as when you have to talk to a girl you like and you go and you talk and you lose them , just as do we all feel nervous at some point to start some activity , big also feel or felt nervous at some time , or even some resources like hypnosis relaxation

Sorry for my translation , I do not understand English

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not recommend any alcoholic drink during your play or before that! Discover yourself more deeply and try to make some self control practices. I think that in case of beginner players the level of the stakes are increasing the level of the nerves, so if you are a beginner start to play on low stake games.

I agree with you under alcohol is better not to play you can lose a lot of money

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try reading the book "Mindset of Poker"?

I was really nervous when I first started playing real money cash games, but now I can play $1/2 with no stress.

I've played so many cash games and tournaments (including final tables/heads up). All that experience has made my decision making a lot smoother... thus less moments where I am nervous.

Last edited:
Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try reading the book "Mindset of Poker"?

I was really nervous when I first started playing real money cash games, but now I can play $1/2 with no stress.

I've played so many cash games and tournaments (including final tables/heads up). All that experience has made my decision making a lot smoother... thus less moments where I am nervous.

Thanks for the book I will definitely read it

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are from Russia and is loosing hands in pokerstars? How? They aways hit Russians in the flop. Jokes apart, i started to deal with bad beats-hands-cards after severals freerolls. Nowadays i can keep calm even drinking some beer while im playing and get busted by 65off against my very rare Aces. :) :) :( :(

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try and tell myself it is not that important. If I get knocked out of a tournament, I can play another. If I lose a cash hand, I played bad or was unlucky. The opposite will happen another time.

D

danielbalaci

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to sit still, it's hard not to betray your emotions , is being inappropriate to take drugs , the easier it is to play not for money but to play poker for fun and then if money comes along the way then your poker is perfect.

H

heraldyswift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calm down

look at the table(not the people) and try to relax

sometimes calculating helps, try calculating your pot odds and equity

try not do sudden movements and just play like you'r online.

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nerves usually show in live tournaments so how not tp show requires training.
Read books or columns on how to read people then practice those - but if you want to enjoy playing don't become a robot face - it may make you money but you will lose the fun element.
Daniel is the other end of being open without giving too much away, and still enjoying the game.