hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My definition of good luck is a little different than most peoples. To me good luck is avoiding being the victim of other peoples good luck. Hard to do sometimes but the odds favor me if I get it in and I am ahead. To do that takes continuous study to know good situations.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When entering the game, sometimes I rely on an inner voice that says - come on, this is the right hand. True, it works 50/50.😂

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
you need to run around the chair three times, do push-ups 5 times, close your eyes, clap 5 times and any all-in will win on its own

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in luck, I believe more in skill...

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I try to go with good cards, so if I need a little help from luck, I cross my fingers so that I don't get touched by a villain.

A

Avangart1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Luck is an individual thing, not everyone is lucky

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
increase the number of hands and good luck will definitely come :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, I do not do any of the useless actions you listed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: The only thing I can do is analyze my game for errors !!!

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, I'm just losing with dignity.
Sometimes I give the middle finger to the cards on the table. Although, it turns out it violates the rules if you do it publicly.:D
"I'm just losing with dignity"

HAHAHAHAHAHAUAUAHSUAHAUA, damm kill me chica

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How I'm maximizing Luck?!.If to say honestly: I don't know answer on this question!.. By one simple cause: because Luck is very, very, very...capricious lady!
And, of course, Good Luck Everyone!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
dont bluff and let the game came to you , dont chase it

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you wouldn't be that afraid of not playing “junk” then you could see luck visiting you way more often...
I know exactly what you're talking about, I can't believe that you would be there with just that hand, but you always amaze me, congratulations to you.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is a term we use when we do not understand what is going on.
It's a bit like "Magic". Things seem like magic until you understand the mecahnisms at play.
Then you realise there is science and illusion, but no magic at all.

It is the same thin with Luck. There simply isn't any. You attribute a random event and feel a need to explain that event. If you lack the knowledge and ability to interpret the meaning, then, you call it luck.

In poker, we like to talk about probability. Over the short term, the numbers (results) don't quite match the long term results. Over the long term, results and probabilities get closer. In the short term, there simply aren't enough samples and we call the divergence from expected probability VARIANCE.

Now, we usually use the term variance to explain why our results under-perform against probability...but truth be told, it also explains why it might be higher too...we just never question our wins as much as out losses.

So...the bottom line:
You are here to learn, to apply maths, psychology AND INTEL in order to come out on top.
You need to stop believing in fairy tales.
If you need some tips on how you too can *appear* lucky, here are some tips:

1. Study the game sufficiently to reliably make +EV plays.
  2. Gather and document as much intel on your opponents as possible.
  3. Identify weaknesses in opponents' games and document them. (Habits too. Who limps Ace rag? Who always shoves AKo?
  4. Seek to exploit those weaknesses.
  5. Stick to your game plan.
  6. Look after your stack.
  7. Be cognizant of position.
  8. Be cognizant of viallain ranges.
  9. Pay attention to VPIP, PFR, 3B, CB, FCB, F3B stats.
  10. Don't get married to your pre-flop hand. Post-flop, things can change.
  11. Limp only infrequently. Punish the limpers.
  12. Use aggression to put pressure on opponents.
  13. Heavily defend your BB early
  14. Play tight, especially when against a table of loose players.
  15. Play a bit wider against a table of tight players.
  16. Have 3 and four bets in your arsenal.
  17. Play trappy against loose players. Aggressive against tight players.
  18. Donk infrequently (respect position unless there is a compelling reason not to.)
  19. Don't bet on rubbish from early position.
  20. Don't be too tight from later positions.
  21. Don't bluff a fish/call-station. Don't over-bluff.
  22. If your bluffs never gets caught out, you're not bluffing enough.
  23. Never show your cards unless there is a tactical reason to do so.
  24. Don't make enemies at the table.
  25. Do not expect fish and regular folk in Freerolls and micros to behave as "good players" might.
  26. DO NOT TAP THE TANK!!!
  27. Compliment players who make poor plays that get good results. (ie encourage the bad play). "Nice Hand!" "You're a rock!" etc.
  28. Be considerate of effective stack sizes.
  29. watch how people use the clock. identify who uses the clock to appear strong/weak.
  30. Avoid passive play pre-flop. If you cannot justify a raise, are you sure you can justify being in the pot?
  31. Avoid getting squeezed.
  32. A crappy hand vs one villain has a better chance of winning than a good hand against multiple players. Be more selective about the multiway pots you enter.
  33. Big Bet = Poor hand, small bet = good hand? Nope.... that is is a load of rubbish. This might be true against absoluite noobs, but for knowledgeable poker players, that is not how bet sizing works.
  34. Maximise value. When you have strong/nutty hands, you want to bet the most you can which poorer hands will still call. Don't just blindly half pot every bet. Be considerate of who the opponent is and how much they're likely to part with to see if their hand improves.
  35. Bet your draws.
  36. Make your bet sizing considerate of position, previous actoins and action to follow. Try not to peg your bet sizing to pre-flop hand stength. The last thing you want is for your villain to have a direct mapping of your bet sizing to hand strength.
  37. No set, no bet....excepot for sometimes.
  38. DO NOT slow play...or at least only occassionally., Just enough for people to know you *can*,
  39. Do not overvalue top pair,
  40. Do not undervalue second pair.
Bonus: Don't do any single thing the same way every time. You need to mix it up a little.
You need to be unpredictable. Once a villain knows what your behaviour means, they can use it against you, But if you have some variety, you can
always keep them on their toes and uncomfortable.

So THAT is a starting point for my LUCK LIST.

Work on that and your luck should improve dramatically.

Cheers,
JT
Wow, here we have a free mentorship, if we go into the game with these phrases in mind, our game tends to improve a lot. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hey peeps!

You guys do something to have lucky? Use an amulet? Cross fingers? Think too much before a bet/call asking for the programmers to give you a card? Pray?

I just minimize the poker table :sick:
I guess you could do all these things if you believe they help you in any way. Personally, I think you either have it, or you don't. And I am just waiting for the truth to unfold before my eyes. I am just hoping to be lucky, but don't do anything to increase my chances.

efrain123

efrain123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!!!
I stopped playing for a long time and now I'm coming back for a bit... I got tired of them winning with nothing to enter with a pair of AA and they beat you with 9/10 a crazy thing grabbed me and I was having a bad time

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just be persevering and don't get beat by the variance.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I feel that either luck is on your side or it isn’t, sometimes in tournaments I literally get cards that if I played them or didn’t play them they weren’t winning hands unless of course you got a bluff through

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
always asking the 'dealer' to be good to me - rarely listening though lol

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Wise people say that you need to radiate good energy, and then you will attract success and luck. Although in practice it is very difficult to implement this, especially when you lose several hands in a row until the last card (. Who will find an effective method of success, please tell me;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I tend to maximize my luck by wavin' around the fat stacks in the peeler bars.
Gottin' lucky quite frequently from this... pretty decent ROI.
ScreenHunter 12466

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes I prefer not to see the board when I'm all in. So I would open a browser tab or some other window to cover tables up 🙈🙈🙈. Because if I have a better hand and I'm seeing the board, I tend to think about the cards which I want to avoid, and these cards turn out to come :ROFLMAO::rolleyes: But it's not a habit of mine yet. As nowadays I'm trying to do the opposite - instead of thinking about the cards I don't want to come, I'm thinking about neutral cards or the cards benefiting me even more 👩‍🎓
Actually, I do EXACTLY this ^

I swear by it. When I see friends doing the opposite ie "No Ace! No Ace!!! No Spades!!!" it just reminds me to do what I do even more! (had one streamer adopt this attitude for a bit... not sure if he's been sticking with it)

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Actually, I do EXACTLY this ^

I swear by it. When I see friends doing the opposite ie "No Ace! No Ace!!! No Spades!!!" it just reminds me to do what I do even more! (had one streamer adopt this attitude for a bit... not sure if he's been sticking with it)
So are you confirming it's a working strategy? 😀😀🤩

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
The truth is, in addition to playing with good hands, it's also a matter of luck, personally I just pay and cross my fingers and let the god of poker decide. :);)