Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So are you confirming it's a working strategy? 😀😀🤩

I do it. I can confirm that I do it often and am very specific (ie. when the river card is about to be dealt.. "2 of spades!!!" )

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck does not depend on us. But the winrate depends)

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can never maximize luck! It’s like the Boreas Orielys… enjoy it when you can lol

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I do it. I can confirm that I do it often and am very specific (ie. when the river card is about to be dealt.. "2 of spades!!!" )
I mean, can you confirm that you run luckier than your friends (who do the opposite), for example? ;) Or that you feel that overall you are rather winning in such spots than getting bad beats? 🤓✍️🤓

J

jacama

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CZ
Chips
I think it's just a game. Doesn't make sense to take it too seriously as you cannot influence the outcome. Only try to play your strategy or do the best you can. Don't expect to win..If you win, be happy. I know it's hard, sometimes playing 4-5 hours MTT and then finish just before the final table but that;s how it is..

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean, can you confirm that you run luckier than your friends (who do the opposite), for example? ;) Or that you feel that overall you are rather winning in such spots than getting bad beats? 🤓✍️🤓
My luck has gotten better since I started calling for the 2 on the river..... Any suit will do.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

In my mind perhaps. :) And keeping a good mindset is crucial.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i find when you are in position with a high chip stack you can make your own luck

M

magex

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey peeps!

You guys do something to have lucky? Use an amulet? Cross fingers? Think too much before a bet/call asking for the programmers to give you a card? Pray?

I just minimize the poker table :sick:
By playing well ;)

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
No, I'm just losing with dignity.
As short as that reply is or looks like, I really love it. It combines poker etiquette and responsible behavior. Now can I have your phone number please ? 😂🤣😂🤣. Sorry, just kidding. I read your post about the annoying PMs. As a member of this community, I really feel the need to apologize and express my sorrow on behalf of those who don't have the courage to do it themselves.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't pay attention to increasing my luck, but it's important in poker, but not the main thing. The only thing I do before a big and important tournament is to listen to meditation and set my brain up for a positive result.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a way to bet, if i need a card y bet the exact value x3 when 3betting , it had work sometimes

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey peeps!

You guys do something to have lucky? Use an amulet? Cross fingers? Think too much before a bet/call asking for the programmers to give you a card? Pray?

I just minimize the poker table :sick:
No, I just play, despite having a four-leaf clover in my wallet, but I don't use the clover or wallet

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Go to the fortuneteller, haha, joke, in my opinion, can not be increased

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is a popular saying that luck only comes to those who are prepared, I believe in this popular saying, preparing the mind and body is fundamental and studying poker and being prepared for all possible situations will bring you luck, so I believe.

knutwuchtig

knutwuchtig

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
for luck i am tipping hard on my mouse, particularly before the river comes, but i had more bad rivers than good ones, i think luck is a b****.

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It seems like you have a strategic approach to gaming. Being skilled and learning how to play effectively is indeed a good approach, as relying solely on luck can be unreliable. Even if you experience losses in the short term, with proper skills and knowledge, you have a better chance of coming out ahead in the long run.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Don't think you can 'maximize luck'. It is just chance - sometimes you will win with worse cards, sometimes you will lose... Personally I don't like superstitions or believing that if you 'do something' - ritual like crossing fingers or not looking at the table, will change the outcome or even increase your winning chances.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I always play with two hoodies as charms, if that's what you mean.
Just as I thank God every day that I sleep at night and wake up in the morning, I also look up at the sky and am thankful when a big hand is won.
Although I am aware that if you play an MTT at some point you must have that share of luck that every player needs to win it.
I believe and hope that other teammates will correct me, in a won MTT it has happened to me that I am going after several hands, and I end up being the one who has the victory.
My regards, brother:):):):)

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually play in the same place in my room. I never change ^^

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In poker, luck is a factor that cannot be controlled or manipulated. However, there are certain strategies you can employ to optimize your results and make the most of fortunate situations when they occur. Here are some tips to maximize your chances of success in poker:

1. Play Solid Fundamentals: Focus on developing a strong foundation of poker skills and knowledge. Learn the rules, understand hand rankings, study different strategies, and practice good bankroll management. By playing solid poker based on sound principles, you can put yourself in the best position to capitalize on lucky moments.
  2. Position and Table Selection: Take advantage of your position at the table. Positional advantage allows you to have more information about your opponents' actions and make more informed decisions. Additionally, consider table selection by choosing games where you believe there are weaker opponents or players prone to making mistakes.
  3. Patience and Discipline: Maintain patience and discipline in your decision-making. Avoid making impulsive or emotional moves based on short-term luck. Stick to your strategy, make calculated decisions, and avoid tilting or deviating from your plan due to temporary setbacks or fortunate circumstances.
  4. Capitalize on Opportunities: When you do encounter a lucky situation, such as hitting a strong hand or getting a favorable flop, capitalize on it. Extract maximum value by making appropriate bets and extracting chips from your opponents. Avoid giving away tells or telegraphing the strength of your hand when you have a fortunate situation.
  5. Bankroll Management: Proper bankroll management is essential to navigate through both lucky and unlucky stretches. It helps ensure you have an adequate cushion to absorb losses and capitalize on fortunate moments. Set aside a dedicated poker bankroll and follow guidelines for the appropriate stakes to play relative to your bankroll size.
  6. Study and Improve: Continually work on improving your poker skills through study and practice. Analyze hand histories, review your play, study strategy resources, and seek feedback from more experienced players. Enhancing your knowledge and skills will position you to make better decisions and potentially turn luck into consistent long-term success.
Remember, while luck can play a role in short-term results, poker is a game of skill that is primarily determined by your decisions and strategies over the long run. Focus on making sound choices and maximizing your expected value, and let luck be a potential bonus that comes your way.