Durrr challenge

Insaneasylm

Insaneasylm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so to the people that say drrrr won't but his whole bank roll at risk how big must his back roll be to do this bet. 100-200 mil.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yet is a Entourage not a click of ppl that go to places with you on a constant basises, and you support them "with your money", to do things that you want them/they want to do with you? If so, that really and honestly makes less sense, since you would be just throwing your money away.

Which in closing makes me think that said person/persons, have little to less intelligence, then say an average person, or they really have so much money that they could care less about money in-itself.

It's an ego thing. It makes you feel like a bigshot, plus you know that if your "bought" friends get out of line, you can dump them.

On a side note, Dwan just dropped $1.5 Million Austrailian Dollars (about $985K USD) at the Aussie Millions cash game. So the slide continues...

Benjammn

Benjammn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's an ego thing. It makes you feel like a bigshot, plus you know that if your "bought" friends get out of line, you can dump them.

On a side note, Dwan just dropped $1.5 Million Austrailian Dollars (about $985K USD) at the Aussie Millions cash game. So the slide continues...
Gosh, at this rate, Dwan will tilt off his BR, despite it being so freaking huge. I can only imagine how it feels to blow away millions of dollars.....in poker. :p

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seriously any of you who think he's playing for and losing amounts of money that will end up leading to him going broke are kidding yourselves. the guy excersized perfect bankroll management to make millions of dollars and dominate the biggest games on the planet, and now he's suddenly going to play out of his mind and lose it all back because of some gimmicky ego issue? really?

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this still going on? When is he going to do it? (If he hasn't done it already)

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gosh, at this rate, Dwan will tilt off his BR, despite it being so freaking huge. I can only imagine how it feels to blow away millions of dollars.....in poker. :p

Feels just like when you blow through $50 in poker except with a few extra zeroes on the end. ;)

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and now he's suddenly going to play out of his mind and lose it all back because of some gimmicky ego issue? really?

Everyone has a tilt point don't they? I've played with some sound BRM at lower stakes, hit a bad run, and tilted off a portion of my roll before. Why can't it happen at those stakes?

Dwan has only been around for about 3-4 years. Maybe he is on the worst swing he's ever been on and it's getting to him, who knows?

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tom's skill is undoubtedly great, but his ego has led him to a bet he cannot win. Oh, he may win a match or two, but long term against the likes of Ivey and PA, there's no chance he has a 3-1 edge even four tabling. I find it astonishing that so many are naive enough to believe otherwise... I belive it clearly shows the degree of idolization to which his fans are subject.

From my understanding of the bet, he doesn't need a 3:1 edge versus anyone. He can have a 101:99 edge and still probably win on the bet assuming they play enough hands for that edge to manifest itself with a high likelihood. Remember, he doesn't have to win 3:1, he's just at risk of paying out 3:1. So all he needs is better than 75% confidence that he has an amount of edge which will be shown in the results after the number of hands they're playing. If they're playing a lot of hands (what we in theory call "the long run"), then I'd be more than 75% confident that the better player would win. The real question is whether he is in fact the better player.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to do the same thing with CC members and Yahtzee. Seriously.

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anymore news on this? I haven't heard a thing and I look around from site to site.

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone tell me how to get enough money, without robbing a bank, to get in this game. I always wanted to have enough money to lose that kind on money without worrying about it!!!!:)

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also this is so freaking sick, how can he be up so much against those pros.
A couple thousand hands? That sample size is insignificant. Those nosebleeders play a gambling game, some get lucky others don't. Anybody who thinks durrr has an edge on Phil Galfond is delusional.

Those who are in the first camp are the players that look like him.

Those in the second are the players who do not.

In other words: Young (early 20s) players who play primarily on the net and got their start as net players and prefer multi-tabling. \VS\ Older (30s+) players who tend towards more live experience early on in their poker journey.
I'm mid 20s, I only play on the net, I multi-table, and I hate durrr with a vengeance.
Before anybody pulls the jealousy card: I think people like Krantz and whitelime are awesome. They've made a boatload, they rock, and they deserve it.

Durrr on the other hand is a gay egomaniac who thinks he's more awesome than he is. The entire challenge is a complete joke, and I hope he loses against every one who takes him up for it.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He has been the best cash online cash player for 2 years now.
How was this determined exactly? And what if he loses 2 out of his 3 challenges? What if he loses even 1? As the best online cash player, he should own everybody's soul over 50,000 hands.

Do you only nuthug or are you willing to put down some money in favor of Durr's challenge? I'm sure we'd find a respected CCer to escrow.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How was this determined exactly? And what if he loses 2 out of his 3 challenges? What if he loses even 1? As the best online cash player, he should own everybody's soul over 50,000 hands.

Do you only nuthug or are you willing to put down some money in favor of Durr's challenge? I'm sure we'd find a respected CCer to escrow.

OOOH I volunteer. I am honest and would gladly facilitate a bet like this. So exciting. I am not a betting man. But it would be fun to hand over money to the proud winner.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well brian he is not a tourny player sir. He has been the best cash online cash player for 2 years now. He is by far better than any high stakes online player concistently sir. And as far as your remark about the w.s.o.p. The last 4 years it was won by a pion. A nobody. And havent heard from any of them again. When u play a tourny with 8k people its skill however more luck. As far as cash goes i seen this kid win loose mill a day and he up long run so we all know u wish u were him. Despit the fact that Tom Dwan likes the boy's. Lmao.

Let's go back 5 years, because 2008 was to soon ago to see this guy doing much more since the main event...

2008: Peter Eastgate -- Did really well at events before the November 9.

2007: Jerry Yang -- Maybe the only exception on the list that hasn't done a ton since winning the 2007 ME.

2006: Jamie Gold -- Has cashed at a few events since winning the ME.

2005: Joseph Hachem -- Has done AMAZING since the 2005 ME.

2004: Greg Raymer -- Has done well since the 04 ME.

Maybe I read your post completley wrong on the part that said...When u play a tourny with 8k people its skill however more luck.

Beating a field of 8k is luck? That is a lot of luck!

I

islandtime2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Durr is so good why is this a 4 table at a time online challenge and not live around a table? I understand onliner's multi-table to generate more action and more money at a given level in a shorter amount of time but there is no level above what these guys play and they can set the limits as high as they want for a single session so what is the purpose of 4 tabling here ? Is it because Durr respects the live gamers like Helmuth's, Antonius,etc, abilities at single hands/ single session analysis more then his own and thinks they will play worse distracted by three other tables and he needs that edge thinking he can play more bot like then they can ? Just wondering...rip it apart...

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing four tables just maximizes any edge that durrrr may have over these guys, as they (particularly Ivey) rarely multitable

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
durrrr is getting run over by ivey in the thunderdome right now

last count ivey +400k

D

dev_aziz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Durrrr-Phil Ivey Playing poker now.. view fTP.

D

dev_aziz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Durrr - 26.395 $
Phil Ivey - 473.578 $

Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Challenge continuing now.

Not sure it is the challenge as it's not on any of the allocated tables.

EDIT: Yeah, it's not part of the challenge because they are playing $500/$1000 at the moment.

D

dev_aziz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes me view.
Durr - 198.000
Phil - 377.000

Phil big lost;

Seat 2: durrrr (big blind) showed [Kc 2c Ks 9s] and won ($225,593.50) with three of a kind, Twos