Durrr challenge

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes. how is it not being outplayed, when your opponent who has aces, manages to get YOU to get all the money in. true, he had 10s, but the blinds were miniscule and as u said it was the 3rd hand. durrr made a raise and after a small re-raise by helmuth, reraised ALL IN. with 10s!

i dont know how u guys define being outplayed, but when i have a medium pocket pair and i shove on the 3rd hand only to see my opponent flip aces, i know i've been outplayed.
If Dwan had KK there would it have been outplayed? In HU felting TT is completely standard. It's just like KK vs. AA at a 6max or FR game.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just a matter of time before this kid loses his roll and gets backed by FT. His ego is bigger then his roll right now and it shows. He's a great cash player but his ego will get him in trouble.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Durrrr regularly has daily swings of +/- $1 million, so nothing noteworthy really.

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Dwan had KK there would it have been outplayed? In HU felting TT is completely standard. It's just like KK vs. AA at a 6max or FR game.

of course not, it's completely different. with KK, only 1 hand beats u, AA. with 10s, u have 4 hands that dominates u, JJ QQ KK AA, and perhaps 2 hands that u might flip with in an all-in scenario, AK AQ.

with a single re-raise, dwan decided he had enough information to decide that he had the best hand? cos as helmuth said right after the match, his reraise was intentionally made small to appear weak. 10s vs AAs doesnt quantify as a cooler to me, even in headsup.

good to hear different opinions though. broadens my views. peace.

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course not, it's completely different. with KK, only 1 hand beats u, AA. with 10s, u have 4 hands that dominates u, JJ QQ KK AA, and perhaps 2 hands that u might flip with in an all-in scenario, AK AQ.

with a single re-raise, dwan decided he had enough information to decide that he had the best hand? cos as helmuth said right after the match, his reraise was intentionally made small to appear weak. 10s vs AAs doesnt quantify as a cooler to me, even in headsup.

good to hear different opinions though. broadens my views. peace.

those hands are also less likely heads up though

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You people and your standard downswing theorys lol.... Most people that lose 2 mill shit their pants.

True. We're not talking about "most people" though - we're talking about high stakes players who win and lose those amounts on a regular basis.

Proof: "most people" wouldn't give their opponents 2:1 on a $500K side bet of this nature either.

I

ihavea4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I challenged durrrr to .25/.50 500 Rummy and he totally chickened out. PWN3D!@!!!!!!!!111111111ONE1!!!!!11

lol

this is a really cool idea for a challenge. it will be interesting to see what happens, as those guys are great live, like everyone has said, but the transition to online is not always easy. on the other hand, multitabling 4 tables is tough, and playing the top pros at the same time might be too much. either way it should be exciting.

BM291

BM291

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
aww cool. god the hours ive waisted watching durr lmaooo

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Released on HSN today:

Yesterday Dwan was once again grinding at FTP, multi-tabling as usually and, needless to say, losing a lot. In just 274 hands he managed to loss a stunning $321k, that is over thousands bucks in every hand!

In 2009, after just three weeks Dwan has lost over $3.2 million playing online! I don’t know, maybe I’m starting to repeat myself, but I just don’t know how long he can go losing like this and still keep playing at the highest stakes. It must be very hard for him to go down to play lower limits after challenging everybody to play against him.
Still, it would be a shame if Dwan goes broke only because of his ego. Mike Matusow talk about this in his latest episode of Mouthpiece, the show that he host in cardplayer.tv.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hes just running bad/ mixed in with tilt spewing a lot. He won't have any shame dropping down, since he play 100/200 and 200/400 on stars aswell as the high stakes on ftp

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Released on HSN today:

Yesterday Dwan was once again grinding at FTP, multi-tabling as usually and, needless to say, losing a lot. In just 274 hands he managed to loss a stunning $321k, that is over thousands bucks in every hand!

In 2009, after just three weeks Dwan has lost over $3.2 million playing online! I don’t know, maybe I’m starting to repeat myself, but I just don’t know how long he can go losing like this and still keep playing at the highest stakes. It must be very hard for him to go down to play lower limits after challenging everybody to play against him.
Still, it would be a shame if Dwan goes broke only because of his ego. Mike Matusow talk about this in his latest episode of Mouthpiece, the show that he host in cardplayer.tv.

the man has a lot more money than you think (and is capable of selling action)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sounds like my Januaryx10^6

Also this is so freaking sick, how can he be up so much against those pros.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 24
C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not really a betting man, and don't like to gamble... ;) but here is a proposition bet I would make ($0.10 even odds is about all I can afford currently):

There seem to be those who think Durrrr is talented to the extent that his bet is valid, and he will likely not lose. They see his recent downswings as being insignificant and his record as supporting his prowess. They are rooting for him.

The other camp sees him as vulnerable. They may call him arrogant and argue that this bet puts him at significant risk for ALL his money. They see his recent downswings as significant and his bet as dangerous. Some may even be rooting against him.

My bet is this.

Those who are in the first camp are the players that look like him.

Those in the second are the players who do not.

In other words: Young (early 20s) players who play primarily on the net and got their start as net players and prefer multi-tabling. \VS\ Older (30s+) players who tend towards more live experience early on in their poker journey.

As for me... I am firmly in the second camp demographic wise, but respect his play and am rooting for him. I also think the bet is extraordinarily foolish (in a BRM sense) and full of hubris. I am rooting for him.

Last edited:
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
durrrr isn't dumb enough to make a bet that would put his entire bankroll at risk. i'm sorry.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also don't think he will win against ivey or antonius, since i'd say they have an edge over him

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not that i think it would happen, but even if durrrr went busto it would take him about 10 seconds to find enough backers to be able to keep playing any stakes he wanted.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
durrr beats everyone at 4 tabling HU both PLO and NLHE (besides maybe degenyamine at PLO...) that will be playing him i think (good thing jman is not allowed, or else he'd prob be another exception)

A

Adamolish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wait so he has 85% chance of winning"?

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not that he's the definitive odds maker, but Mike Matusow recently went on record as saying Tom had "lost [his] f*cking mind" making this bet and that his ego would eventually break him. I tend to agree.

What made it interesting is that he also mentioned that Tom is one of the most talented poker players he ever knew and that he very much liked him, so it was saying it to be spiteful. He just truly believed Tom was in for a world of hurt.

Tom's skill is undoubtedly great, but his ego has led him to a bet he cannot win. Oh, he may win a match or two, but long term against the likes of Ivey and PA, there's no chance he has a 3-1 edge even four tabling. I find it astonishing that so many are naive enough to believe otherwise... I belive it clearly shows the degree of idolization to which his fans are subject.

Then again, WTHDIK.

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone thinking that durrrr has enough money to drop 3 mill, continue on this downswing, and on top of it lose this challenge is fooling themselves

he can surely withstand the 3 mill, but if he keeps dropping even 1 mill a month, he wont even be able to start the challenge

it was supposed to start after this round of live tournies, though there seems to be alot of speculation that because of his recent misfortunes, he may postpone or cancel it altogether

people need to realise that durrrr doesnt have all of that money he won
first and foremost, he had to pay taxes on it
second he is known to have an entourage and heavy monthly living expenses

i have no doubt that he could get a backer in a second, but it is absurd that people think he has 100 mill or whatever the number being thrown around

even the players with massive sponsorship deals, arent in that category

obv ivey and others do, but these people also have sold themselves to advertisements (and ivey obv owns a part of full tilt, etc)

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone thinking that durrrr has enough money to drop 3 mill, continue on this downswing, and on top of it lose this challenge is fooling themselves

he can surely withstand the 3 mill, but if he keeps dropping even 1 mill a month, he wont even be able to start the challenge

it was supposed to start after this round of live tournies, though there seems to be alot of speculation that because of his recent misfortunes, he may postpone or cancel it altogether

i have no doubt that he could get a backer in a second, but it is absurd that people think he has 100 mill or whatever the number being thrown around

obv ivey and others do, but these people also have sold themselves to advertisements (and ivey obv owns a part of full tilt, etc)
kinda hard to say what financial position he is in, we just dont know. he could have won money in big live games, he could be backing other players, so on, so on

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Just curious you would mention his entourage! Why the hell does he have to support them? I don't get this part of being a famous person/ poker player/ Sports player/ or anything else that may-be included in these type of fields.

So my question once again is why does he have to support his entourage?:confused:

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just curious you would mention his entourage! Why the hell does he have to support them? I don't get this part of being a famous person/ poker player/ Sports player/ or anything else that may-be included in these type of fields.

So my question once again is why does he have to support his entourage?:confused:
cause for some ppl, money is inversely proportional to intelligence

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cause for some ppl, money is inversely proportional to intelligence

Ok so you mean the more money you have the more intelligent you are?:confused:

If so that still makes no sense as to why he would support, others?:confused:

I understand Family, Kids, Wife/Gf & Mistress:D, maybe buyin your closest of friends a house, Car (Maybe & to be honest that would be pushing it for me:D ).

Yet is a Entourage not a click of ppl that go to places with you on a constant basises, and you support them "with your money", to do things that you want them/they want to do with you? If so, that really and honestly makes less sense, since you would be just throwing your money away.

Which in closing makes me think that said person/persons, have little to less intelligence, then say an average person, or they really have so much money that they could care less about money in-itself.