Durrr challenge

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess the challange might be over. They havent played a hand last few weeks and as the wsop starting soon it will be much more difficult for them to make a good schecdule to finish the challange

It's not even close to being over. Do some reading...durrrr and Antonius are usually on different continents (meaning different time zones), plus the last few times they were both on, there was a juicy $500/$1000 game going on. They had agreed to not play challenge games when there are better games going on.

When the wsop starts, since they will both be there, I think it'll be more likely that they'll get more hands in.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not even close to being over. Do some reading...durrrr and Antonius are usually on different continents (meaning different time zones), plus the last few times they were both on, there was a juicy $500/$1000 game going on. They had agreed to not play challenge games when there are better games going on.

When the WSOP starts, since they will both be there, I think it'll be more likely that they'll get more hands in.
Both seem to prefer to play in the 500/1000 games, rather than duke it out against each other in the challenge. Dwan is stuck millions in 2009 and would probably rather play in the bigger games in an attempt to get some of his money back, playing antonius heads-up is not the best way to do that. and lately there are usually those 500/1000 games running most of the time.

wsop is just 2 months away.wsop is jam packed with tournaments, live cash games and golf. Scheduling time is going to be difficult.

L

Lexxce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Durrr wins this challenge I really like him.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both seem to prefer to play in the 500/1000 games, rather than duke it out against each other in the challenge. Dwan is stuck millions in 2009 and would probably rather play in the bigger games in an attempt to get some of his money back, playing antonius heads-up is not the best way to do that. and lately there are usually those 500/1000 games running most of the time.

wsop is just 2 months away.wsop is jam packed with tournaments, live cash games and golf. Scheduling time is going to be difficult.
They both agreed that the challenge shouldnt cut into there regualer 500/1000 game.
And the fact that the 500/1000 games have been infested with some new rich donks,why whould they rather play each other at lower stakes with a small/no edge while the could be sucking the juicy fish dry?
The challenge isnt a sprint and will mostly likly take a few months before they even reach a potential buy out.

H

hacklimit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I challenge Tom Dwan to get a real haircut! You know, like the one any REAL man would have. -- lol!

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They both agreed that the challenge shouldnt cut into there regualer 500/1000 game.
And the fact that the 500/1000 games have been infested with some new rich donks,why whould they rather play each other at lower stakes with a small/no edge while the could be sucking the juicy fish dry?
The challenge isnt a sprint and will mostly likly take a few months before they even reach a potential buy out.

i dont say they should not play those big games. i say imo the challange is over since they cant make a good schedule, wsop is coming, and they havent played a session since 3 weeks.

S

spacemiu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this challenge is turning out to be a complete joke. May be they will finish by 2015.

I have officially lost all interest to it.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
challenge finally continued yesterday, they played a total of 914 hands.
Antonius won $87,611.50 and has narrowed the lead dwan has.
Dwan is now up $52,500 in the challenge after 5,092 hands.
The challenge is now over 10% complete.
They are planing on playing again today

J

justadream82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there somewhere that they are keeping track of the results, hhs, etc? I figured full tilt had a page about it but I can't seem to find it? Can someone help with this? Thanks.

Cheers.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a 425 hand session on Friday that was cut short due to a poor Internet connection, Patrik Antonius regained the lead in the "durrrr" challenge, and is now up about $108k overall.

The two players have now played a total of 5,517 hands, which means that the "challenge" is now about 11% complete.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They played session 8 yesterday, 411 hands played, but that was enough for Dwan to take the lead once again.

Dwan blitzed Antonius for a total of $123,849, showing an overall profit of $15,238 after approximately 80 minutes of play

PradBitt

PradBitt

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting challenge, 50k hands at that level of blinds...whoever wins it will be in favor of ftp ha xD

W

wd021

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its virtually a dead even match right now.. 10% almost done and durrrr up by about less than 50% of the min 1 table buy in of $40,000. Interesting to see who's going to pull off the win. Hope they pick up the pace and play more often. I've got my money on durrrr to take this. I've been watching a lot of his play lately, especially on HSP season 5 and he looks amazing. Sick sick guy..

Here's the link to the durrr challenge web page that updates quite often.
http://www.durrrrchallenge.com/

Go enter the 2k contest by predicting the winner and the amount

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn.

W

wona2009wsopseat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they are up and down a lot. nothing too definitive yet durrrr seems to win more of the small pots, but that was expected with this challenge

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, they're going to be about even for most of the challenge imo, but you think Tilt would calculate their stats right. Nice Rake.

Attachments

• durrrchallenge.jpg
    durrrchallenge.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 34
S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the 803 hands played last night, Dwan managed to flip the results from down $80k to up $80k.
As it stands right now, Tom "durrrr" Dwan currently has a $78,062.00 lead.
10,983 of the 50,000 hands have now been completed in the challenge.
One of the most impressive statistics of the durrrr Challenge is found by comparing Dwan's results from the button with his results from the big blind.
On the button, Dwan has won $1,035,246 so far. But from the big blind, he's lost $957,184

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they are up and down a lot. nothing too definitive yet durrrr seems to win more of the small pots, but that was expected with this challenge

actually Dwan has won two of the three largest pots of the challenge so far.
The largest pot of the challenge was a $291,950.50 hand that was won by Dwan.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Antonius Speaks on the Durrr Challenge!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Before it started, I thought there was a very good chance that I would lose"

"Now I don't think Tom has too much of an edge"

"Neither of us is going to want to play during the WSOP"

The whole story http://www.pokerlistings.com/antonius-dishes-on-durrrr-challenge-38964

JessyMoneyAA

JessyMoneyAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Durrr is a brilliant player. Look at HSP Season 5 , like he's busting everyone. This challenge is pretty sick , but i don't think that he will loose more than 1 match ,he's one of the best in online poker

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After more than a week off, Tom Dwan and Patrik Antonius restarted the durrrr Challenge early Monday morning.
This was another solid Antonius session that saw him add another $75,000 to his $78,000 lead, setting the new mark for the most either player has been up at $159,727.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patrik Antonius and Tom Dwan logged some more hands in the "durrrr" challenge on Sunday. By the end of the session, Patrik's lead in the challenge had widened to approximately $488k.
According to full tilt poker, Dwan and Antonius have played 13,246 of the required 50,000 hands in the challenge.
Antonius is currently up $488,133.