Durrr challenge

coyboy33

coyboy33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tom Dwan will go on a down swing one day that will destroy him.It's going to happen, only a matter of time.His style is so wide open it has to lend itself to big swings.Check his poker tracker stats and it will bear this out somewhere I'm sure.Plus he's so young and yes he's so good that he has no fear.Well when he has a wife and a couple of kids (and he will)..that will change.That's when we see if he can handle the real pressure.I like to watch him play ,I just hope he doesn't blow his whole roll on a dare like he seems inclined to do.....coyboy33.....

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They played 310 hands before calling it quits in their latest session last night.

391,704: Amount Antonius is ahead
96,358: Amount Dwan won in the latest session
13,556: Hands played

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dam is there a set schedule of when they are going to play

i would really love to watch them too go at it but each time i get on
neither of them seem to be.

very frustrating

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Durrr is playing Hansen now. It should be at least another three hours until Antonius comes on, if Tom sticks around that long.

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm watching it right now!! WOOT!!!
I love watching the pros heads up!!

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen Tom go through $100,000!!!! Gus is dominating him!!!

W

WCFields

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What happened to the first Dwan challenge? 1.5 million to 500,000. Didn't Ivy take him up on it?

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What happened to the first Dwan challenge? 1.5 million to 500,000. Didn't Ivy take him up on it?

Antonius is first, Ivey is 2nd. Benyamine may be 3rd, but frankly considering how long the first match is taking, I'd be surprised if Benyamine does it, but who knows.

W

wd021

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea and apparently now FullFlush is going to be playing the durrrr challenge too.. according to a recent interview, durrrr has agreed to play him while playing PA at the same time.. who knows..

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alls I know is that I love Durr after he spanked Safai for being an ***hole to him on PAD.

Just waited till the time was right and shut the big blowhard right up, huh? Pasty face that, punk.

Oh, let me help you Bob..... CHIPS :D

-

C

CardConnoisseur

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jesus... when you think about it.... 400$ big blind plus 200$ small blind times 50,000 hands is 30 million dollars in BLINDS. You really think 1.5 million is much compared to that? Unless they play very evenly, someone will be up many millions of dollars.

Falloooooon

Falloooooon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over 50,000 hands, if they are comparable in skill, they have a very good chance of neither player being up that much. The amount that goes into the blinds is kind of irrelevant so far as I can tell.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anybody know what the total is as of now?

or got the link handy so i can look it up real fast.

thanks in advance

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its draggin out now the hype is gone imo

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion these guys are comlete idiots with money to burn, what is the most fun is to watch and read all the railbirds giving them crap each hand they play.

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion these guys are comlete idiots with money to burn, what is the most fun is to watch and read all the railbirds giving them crap each hand they play.

how is proving who is better making them idiots?

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems Dwan is stringing this out for what it's worth, but Antonius doesn't seem to be online and looking to play much either. A time limit or schedule is needed. Tom should forfeit or both should call it quits. Tilt should probably just give Dawn the sponsorship he wants so when he loses all his money he can still get a free buy-in to the ME. Whatever they do, if I see an ugly-faced Dwan custom icon on Tilt I'm going to barf repeatedly. He ran very well for a period of time, but let's see him get out of this $400k+$1Mill. mess with Antonius without tilting the rest of his bankroll to the high rollers on Tilt.

Last edited:
S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After nine days off and the $40k event at the world series of poker in between, Tom Dwan and Patrik Antonius sat down for another session of the durrrr Challenge last night.
They played a little less than 1,000 hands and despite the fact Dwan won two of the three biggest pots, Antonius managed to grind out a $23k win, extending his overall lead to just under $450k.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the two famous contestants in the durrrr challenge did sit for a session last night, it lasted for only a little over 200 hands.
The hour-long session did see Tom Dwan start to climb out of his hole, winning just over $36k.
Unfortunately for Dwan, he still needs to win another $415k just to break even.
if both Dwan and Antonius continue to play a maximum of 200 hands (one hour) a week, the challenge should conclude around February 2013.

100,407,856: Total amount wagered in the challenge
411,191: Amount Antonius is ahead
36,493: Amount Antonius lost in the latest session
15,338: Total hands played so far
4,658: Average pot size
198: Number of hours played

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
lol this challenge has been taking forever. honestly tho i want durrr to win.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Durrr a.k.a. "Poker's Favorite Smurfette", I hear this is what the pros have nicknamed him ;), is now only behind by $34k after 16k hands.
This should realistically be finished in about another full year.

RISKY 101

RISKY 101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe u can go to Ft website and check out all the big pots,hands played ,avg amount won per hand etc....i do believe going on 15-20 k hands now with dwan down like 400,000....

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's all the updated info...

durrrrchallenge.jpg

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i believe u can go to Ft website and check out all the big pots,hands played ,avg amount won per hand etc....i do believe going on 15-20 k hands now with dwan down like 400,000....
Uh, really?

Durrr a.k.a. "Poker's Favorite Smurfette", I hear this is what the pros have nicknamed him ;), is now only behind by $34k after 16k hands.
This should realistically be finished in about another full year.
Where do you think I got my info from? :cool:
P.S. the smurfette comment is not found on tilt's site, but is also completely factual.