Durrr challenge

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did it start with antonius? I am at work but see Durrr is up 83K and Antonius is down the same amount? They 4tabling at FT?

those 83k are indeed them playing HU, but it's only a 37 hands session according to tableratings.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not even in the challenge yet, Durrr is already down a little over 1 Million dollars! What is happeneing to him?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not even in the challenge yet, Durrr is already down a little over 1 Million dollars! What is happeneing to him?
His style of play is extremely swingy so he is down/up large amounts of $ all the time.

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where are you seeing this? according to TR he played about 2 hands in the last few days?

HalifaxLeafs

HalifaxLeafs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow..can you imagine the rakethey;ll make off that ...
i hope they have a good rakeback program..lol

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rake actually caps out so, yes they pay max rake everyhand but it is very miniscule compared to how much they are betting. Im not sure what HU rake is but its 1.50 or less im pretty sure. So its chump change really. Rake affects low(.5/1)/mid stakes(5/10) players the most(im saying this with no statistical evidence or backup).

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rake actually caps out so, yes they pay max rake everyhand but it is very miniscule compared to how much they are betting. Im not sure what HU rake is but its 1.50 or less im pretty sure. So its chump change really. Rake affects low(.5/1)/mid stakes(5/10) players the most(im saying this with no statistical evidence or backup).

it's capped at $0.5, and they only pay it when they see the flop. Maybe they'll get to pay $10k, $20k over 50k hands ? In other words: peanuts

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

nothing is "happening to him" he just lost a couple buy ins, it's really very expected to happen sometimes

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah tb just posted about a 15 buy-in downswing. Pretty sure durrrr's variance is a bit higher :). 10 buy-ins for him (up or down) isn't a ton. But it still is a million bucks lol.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah tb just posted about a 15 buy-in downswing. Pretty sure durrrr's variance is a bit higher :). 10 buy-ins for him (up or down) isn't a ton. But it still is a million bucks lol.

My point exactly... Anybody would feel sick losing 1 million!

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Durrr lost another Million, so his losses for the past two days are a little over 2.2 Million.

My wife and I were actually talking about this last night, and his challenge. We believe that Durrr might be playing a little strategy and losing to look as if he is weak before his challenge.... That or he is just having some really bad runs.

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think durrr's been on a mission to gain some respectability (as well as boost his own ego), after being outplayed but drawing out on helmuth on the headsup championship a while back. if anyone remembers, see how defensive he got, sayin it was a standard play and that he'll play headsup with helmuth for any amount.

everyone knows that winning poker isnt derived from how good u are, it's from the ineptitude of your opponents. dwan is going wayyy against this fundamental logic.

oh wells. i hope my favourite, ivey can felt him. heh.

J

Jepulator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow thats a lot of money to throw around!~!!

how far is my math off? 50k hands....isn't that like 10 or 20 million in blinds alone?? insane... lol

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow thats a lot of money to throw around!~!!

how far is my math off? 50k hands....isn't that like 10 or 20 million in blinds alone?? insane... lol

50K hands at $1,000 BB = 50,000,000 ($50 Million) which = $250,000 in rake (on a $5 Max rake) I forget what FT's max rake is.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Durrr lost another Million, so his losses for the past two days are a little over 2.2 Million.

My wife and I were actually talking about this last night, and his challenge. We believe that Durrr might be playing a little strategy and losing to look as if he is weak before his challenge.... That or he is just having some really bad runs.

definately the latter, he wouldn't be trying to 'look bad' when he is playing 3 guys who know him ridiculously well anyway, he would only be fooling himself, its definately just a standard downswing

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You people and your standard downswing theorys lol.... Most people that lose 2 mill shit their pants.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You people and your standard downswing theorys lol.... Most people that lose 2 mill shit their pants.
if u dont have 2$ M then yes but when u have a shitload of money and are probarly rolled for that limit i dont see why it should be any different then going on a 10Buy-in down swing at 100NL or w/e

widowmaker89

widowmaker89

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50K hands at $1,000 BB = 50,000,000 ($50 Million) which = $250,000 in rake (on a $5 Max rake) I forget what FT's max rake is.

Its .50 a hand(HU) and thats only when they see the flop. Rake is not an issue for these people.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think durrr's been on a mission to gain some respectability (as well as boost his own ego), after being outplayed but drawing out on helmuth on the headsup championship a while back.

lol what? Getting AA the 3rd hand and getting all the money in is outplaying?

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes. how is it not being outplayed, when your opponent who has aces, manages to get YOU to get all the money in. true, he had 10s, but the blinds were miniscule and as u said it was the 3rd hand. durrr made a raise and after a small re-raise by helmuth, reraised ALL IN. with 10s!

i dont know how u guys define being outplayed, but when i have a medium pocket pair and i shove on the 3rd hand only to see my opponent flip aces, i know i've been outplayed.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10's isnt a medium pair hu, its a big hand which you should be looking to get it in with in tournies like this where starting stacks are 75 bb's i think. If durr had folded the tens he would have been 'outplayed' it was just a cooler