Durrr challenge

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i cant be the only one that worries what can happen to durrrr with this thing

if he does play 3 of these, esp against these 3 (ivey insanely rich, awesome player, pa the same as ivey, and db who will get backed and loves to play a hundred hours a week)

this isnt even taking into account skill and who is better
for the sake of argument lets say they are all equal on the skill part, what if someone gets stuck in a bad downswing (durrrr i mean)

if he loses match 1, has to buy out and then has to play the next 2 with that on his mind, esp since 20 or 30 buyins to each at this level could cripple him

i hear stories on 2+2 that durrrr is worth 10mil or more, but he could easily lose that if he does all 3 matches

db is probably the only other guy that can go busto in this, but he will no doubt be backed by his crew, so he will more or less be freerolling and since he loves the volume they may even be putting him in first to start to wear durrrr down

even if he can only breakeven (and even if he pays durrrr the 500k), it may be worth it for pa and ivey, since that match alone surely will take its toll on durrrr

i know that durrrr plays this nosebleeders everyday, but 3 months of 4tabling 50 hours a week, can burnout any of the best

Which basically proves that no matter how good a poker player you are, if your ego is bigger than your current stack of brain cells, your as big an idiot as the poorest poker player. Good BR management, risking min 45% of your bankroll is all 3 players actually play.:rolleyes:

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Durr wouldn't go busto, if he droped a ton in 1 match he would cancel the others. Also i would imagine, Glafond, Zig and the dang brothers would each have a piece of his action esp when he plays db. They won't have nay of the side bet action, but will have action on durr

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that the actual bet is rather negligible, as over 50k hands someone may well be up or down many millions at those stakes.

Someone could lose 3million in the games, and then be forced to pay up their share of the bet too. Someone may have a very bad day at the end of it.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that the actual bet is rather negligible, as over 50k hands someone may well be up or down many millions at those stakes.

Someone could lose 3million in the games, and then be forced to pay up their share of the bet too. Someone may have a very bad day at the end of it.

I agree.....

50K hands.... WOW that is insane! I'm sure if you play smart, you can at least keep even and try to stay ahead or even with him you have a shot. Even if at the end of the 50K hands you are only ahead by .01 you win!

If you played the four tables, at 100 hands an hour, depending on how long you play (no less than 10 hours a day) this would be a 2-week venture...

Either a few weeks of hell, or a few weeks of fame and victory! Plus bragging rights.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is argued that durrr isnt doing this because he thinks he can take a ton of money from ivey/db/antonius, but rather because if he does succeed in this, he will be viewed on the same level as ivey/antonius and can gain a profit share of the company (Fulltilt) and sign a deal that's very favorable to him (rather than just being a red pro like he would be if he signed now)

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Seems like that is just a matter of time now vanq, IMO. Watching him on TV is more interesting than 99% of the other pros who play those games. There is certainly far more "buzz" around him than many of the old timers.

irnman76

irnman76

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
personally I would be more worried about Patrick and David then I would of Phil Ivey... I think this kid can do it... one hell of a player

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so once they're up 1.50001 mil, they'd pay 1.5 mil in blinds to be guaranteed 1.5mil in winnings rather than playing breakeven poker or just nittin up a bit? I DONT THINK SO

You may be right... but methinks you reveal a little BRM leak in your own attitude. The blind sustainable lead I am talking about would have to happen in the homestretch of the game. That's just a math reality. We are talking about 50M in just BLINDS changing hands.

But I sustain that at a certain point at the end of the game it would be +EV to close up shop smiling.

Plus there is no breakeven poker or nitting up with these players.

At a certain point, it's likely the game will be over before 50k hands are up.

In the flip side Nick is right. in 50k hands of $500 poker there is a real chance someone either goes completely broke or cries uncle before the game is over.

The more I think about it, the more excited I am to see this play out. ;)

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Indeed. This may be the worlds biggest HU4RLZ match ever put on. :eek:

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People aren't sick of Dwan yet? I understand how much he wins and loses online, thats great. But the fact is, he's now at the age to play in the wsop. Lets see how well he does there over the next 5 years.

There's plenty of people making money online for years and nobody has ever made this big of a deal over them. I've watched Dwan play on FT and 85% of the time he puts his money in bad and sucks out. He's a sub par NL Hold em player and going against Ivey would be a mistake at that high level because Ivey could felt him. Dwan is pretty good at Omaha and has played Ivey and Zig many times and, from what I seen, broke even.

The funny thing is, when you speak to the rail or anyone about Dwan..they put my game down and talk about how much better he is then ME. lol So in that logic, I can't talk about sports or anything that others are better at. I just have to watch and not talk about bad calls because I was never a ref and the ref, because he does it for a living, knows more.

I think people should stop riding this kids....ego and wait until he actually does something in the poker world. Like maybe..win a WSOP.

GL on the felt.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People aren't sick of Dwan yet? I understand how much he wins and loses online, thats great. But the fact is, he's now at the age to play in the WSOP. Lets see how well he does there over the next 5 years.

There's plenty of people making money online for years and nobody has ever made this big of a deal over them. I've watched Dwan play on FT and 85% of the time he puts his money in bad and sucks out. He's a sub par NL Hold em player and going against Ivey would be a mistake at that high level because Ivey could felt him. Dwan is pretty good at Omaha and has played Ivey and Zig many times and, from what I seen, broke even.

The funny thing is, when you speak to the rail or anyone about Dwan..they put my game down and talk about how much better he is then ME. lol So in that logic, I can't talk about sports or anything that others are better at. I just have to watch and not talk about bad calls because I was never a ref and the ref, because he does it for a living, knows more.

I think people should stop riding this kids....ego and wait until he actually does something in the poker world. Like maybe..win a WSOP.

GL on the felt.
Any data to support you claim that he gets it in bad 85% of the time?
Also Dwan plays Ivey and PA every chance he gets and he is still one of online pokers biggest winner,imo a "sub par" player wouldnt profit against those players.
Also your claim of "watching him so u now he is bad" is simply ignorant seeing how i doubt you watching him 4-20 table 4-10hours a day, but i dno maby your right and you watch him every time he plays and know he is bad even thou all stat sites and databases say other wise......

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People aren't sick of Dwan yet? I understand how much he wins and loses online, thats great. But the fact is, he's now at the age to play in the WSOP. Lets see how well he does there over the next 5 years.

GL on the felt.

lol wat?

firstly Durr doesn't really give a shit about bracelets since he isnt a tourny player, he goes to the wsop to crush the side games.

By referring to him as sub par, i assume that your unaware that he made hte second highest amount of money last year from nlholdem (only OMGClay won more)

tbf he does get the money in bad more often than good, but thats just becasue of his style, he plays so loose that he makes a a majority of his money from non showdown pots.

biggest lol saved for your last comment. Ye ok winning a WSOP bracelet is the biggest thing in poker if your a tourny player, but Durr ground out starting at 10nl and worked his way up through the limits and after 3 years is now at the highest limt. I don't think you can achieve anything bigger in cash

Still don't think he'll beat DB at plo though, since db is arguably the best at it

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
either which way , I bet dwan is still a virgin and really needs to get a life.

If you watched him against Helmuth at the heads up challenge , he didnt know where to put his hand cause there was no mouse to click.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

GL on the felt.

you obviously have a lot of credible evidence to support all of these claims

1fernandez1

1fernandez1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think phil ivey said it best there is a good chance someone will go broke..phil said that at those stakes its easy for someone to lose 5-10 million so i think it is a very risky challenge...and as for durrr losing someone said that it wouldnt be hard for him to get staked i would rather keep my money and my profits...so well see if it goes down

just listen to the phone call between barry g and phil ivey.........

i think phil ivey would crush durrr....just because ivey is used to gambling huge....i mean can you imagine playing 50k-100k blinds cash game well ivey can and did,when he play andy beal so i think durrrr will go busto

Last edited by a moderator:
zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol at winning a large donkament being a bigger indicator of skill than crushing the nosebleeds day in and day out.

http://www.pokertableratings.com/overview/durrrr

He's up over 6 million winning at 6.90 PTBB/100. Look at the graph. It's not straight up but it's as close to straight up as I've seen of ANY graph from a player playing those games.

imasquare

imasquare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only durrr can come up with this kind of challenge, thats why hes one of the best.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Durrrr is going to pwn all of them.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the poker sites (ie,highstakesdb) shows him winning and LOSING just about the same amount.

I have watched him for hours (while I'm playing) and seen him play poorly. He's not Superman, he's not the greatest in the game right now. He's an online guy who's doing well and has everyone riding his success.

He puts out an ego challenge that gives everyone 3 to 1 and Ivey will take that cash from someone who thinks he's the greatest thing going right now.

Why doesnt anyone talk about Zig? He wins just as much. He's a GREAT cash game player but yet, people still talk about Dwan.

As for this gem....

"biggest lol saved for your last comment. Ye ok winning a WSOP bracelet is the biggest thing in poker if your a tourny player, but Durr ground out starting at 10nl and worked his way up through the limits and after 3 years is now at the highest limt. I don't think you can achieve anything bigger in cash"

I will bet any amount of money that If you ask any pro player would they rather be known as a great cash player or someone who won a lot of WSOP Titles, they would say WSOP.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i disagree, ask Tom Dwan, i bet he would say the cash version. Also we don't really talk about any pros here, only since this thread was made, but on 2+2 they talk about Zig more, he has a thread dedicated to him. Owning a wsop bracelet is obviously of more significance and has more pride attached to it, but it doesnt mean that your are an amazing player by having won, and it doesn't mean that people who don't have them aren't good

Its just absurd that you are stating that 1 of the best nl cash players around isn't very good because he hasn't won a bracelet

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bracelets and Tourneys are prestige, but cash games are a poker player's Bread 'n Butter

Hynes1986

Hynes1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek:

I had to LOL @ this.... Get a clue, come back and read your post, and you will LOL to. Btw NLHE is considered his best game..

becomingpoker

becomingpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol at winning a large donkament being a bigger indicator of skill than crushing the nosebleeds day in and day out.

http://www.pokertableratings.com/overview/durrrr

He's up over 6 million winning at 6.90 PTBB/100. Look at the graph. It's not straight up but it's as close to straight up as I've seen of ANY graph from a player playing those games.

Not too mention pokertableratings.com has only been tracking hands on Full Tilt since 4/1/08. So over 6 million in 9 months! :eek:

Pokah Man

Pokah Man

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he would raise the limits quite a bit i would consider playing him. I just don't see where sitting there that long to lose/win that chicken chump change is worth the time.(end sarcasm)

are these mf's crazy or what? I swear they are not happy unless they have atleast a million or more in the middle, then they want to straddle that, double down on it, then run it about 2-3 times..... . they all crazy IMO...