Does a poker player's memory matter?

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course memory is super important, it depends on whether you win or not in a game

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Stu Ungar had amazing memory. He once won a bet with someone where he had to memorize 52 cards right off the bat.

How many more you got exposed to different situations better. After sometimes with the sceneario you can know what to do just by the memory.

I think that the memory may be helpful in avoiding big mistakes that you made in the past.

Memory matters, of course. If you have a good memory, then you remember what hands your opponents are playing, then you understand their style of play.

Sure, it's matter.

of course memory is super important, it depends on whether you win or not in a game

Thank you for your opinions, as we know the strength of memory varies from one person to another. There are people who are distinguished by sharp memory without benefiting from it in the field of poker, it is a feature that every poker player wants. Thanks again and good luck everyone

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think memory in poker is not very important, mathematical ability and a strong nervous system are more important.

C

chrismacan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is extremely valuable.
You can identify player trends faster
you can adjust your range of hands against given types of players
you can track cards with a small advantage.
But the most important is to remember the math of poker
math will beat luck

Robsant

Robsant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very valuable and is currently leveling the game on LINE

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Certainly, memory is experience. And the more experience, the less decisions you make on impulse.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think memory in poker is not very important, mathematical ability and a strong nervous system are more important.

I agree with you that mathematical ability and a strong nervous system are only important for online poker, because we can use HUD.
;)But for live poker, memory is very important for storing all poker strategies, including math as well, as well as player level and moves especially in tournaments, as well as table changes.

S

smk77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to play for fun, the answer is no. If you want to win and get better at the game, of course a poker player's memory matters.

Can use your memory to know what to do in certain spots and how to deal with certain kinds of players.

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Memory is super important in poker... Remembering the opponent's moves and how the table reacts and knowing the cards and how he played the cards... It's is really important in my opinion

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, specially multi tabling, but i guess that improve other skills matters much more than memory.

Anyway, the memory process help to got that skills faster, and generally good memory comes together with more logical thinking, im biochemical engineer and lover of neurobiology, about to start pharmacology postgrade studies.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
No, I think multi tabling 20+ tables is the key. 20x the profits.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If we have a solid memory, how and when can we use it in poker?

I believe it does help.

The types of players are somewhat standardized, so having a memory of plays helps to speed up decision making.

But for it to be successful, it needs to be a thorough analysis of the player's style.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.of course, memory matters in poker.memorizing strong and weak players makes it possible to combine strategy.you can also play repeated hands based on the theory of probability.)

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously, it does matter because if you remember what actions were done during the hand, you can better analyze it. You can also remember a certain opponent if you're watching them playing during other hands even if you don't participate in them and you can predict how they can behave in different situations.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
every poker game is a mental sport, a good memory is necessary to remember the rules, the rangers, the profitable strategies

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Memory in poker is very important because it is used to memorise styles of play and also the tendency of the cards at the time of dealing, we have to remember a lot of information when we make fewer mistakes than usual.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A good memory, makes a good player, Memorizing how certain opponents play their favorite hands is paramount in beating them, I know from playing against players I come up against regularly, how they play and what hands they will play.
Some will only raise with A/K or better, others will raise with any 2 suited cards, so being armed with this ammunition I can adjust accordingly and play against them, I have a friend I play against on a regular basis and I know he will raise pre-flop with a wide range of hands because he likes to gamble, he also knows I will only call his raises if I have a premium hand, so he goes on the defensive if I am involved in a hand.
This knowledge for both of us makes for good play and sometimes I use what he believes me to be playing to my advantage, he will continue to bet if he makes 2nd pair on the flop, and I will not call unless I make top pair, so many times I can bluff if I believe him to be on the 2nd pair, and will immediately raise his continuation bet, this then usually leads to him folding. If he calls then I know he may have better than 2nd pair and then I can slow down, but if I miss the flop completely, I will still play this way because he knows my style of play and will respect my raises 90% of the time.
This makes our poker games so enjoyable and fun, and if I know the player I will play them and not the cards I am holding. Play the player, Not your hand.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its actually not a matter of remembering the EXACT opponents intricate tendencies.
But actually exploiting what the standard widely adopted tendencies have become.
when 99% of people do the same move in the same spot why do i have to remember anything individually

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course! Memory - the memorization, preservation, and subsequent reproduction of an individual's experience. The physiological basis of memory is the formation, preservation and actualization of temporary connections in the brain. Temporary connections and their systems are formed when stimuli act on the sensory organs in time and when an individual has orientation, attention, and interest in these stimuli. Each person has all types of memory developed differently, as a rule, one or two, less often three, types of memory are most developed. For example, a person will remember this or that information better if they can read it, while another person will remember it better after listening to the same text. There are practically no people in whom all types of memory were developed equally well.

I think everyone clearly understands that the power of memory directly affects the quality of the game. This is memorizing the lines of opponents, (in a multi-
table game) memorizing all the situations on different tables, and much more.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly at the table in live or online poker? Because there is a difference between the two, we need to use more memory in live poker
I agree. Even because we have to pay attention to the opponents' signals too, and think about ours.

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure - the better the memory the more tools you have to beat someone

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Having more information to access certainly helps.

Uzbek707

Uzbek707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In some cases, it matters, and there are no. It's all the same computer, our memory will not be able to control the game and remember there is no point in the online game, in the off line there is a sense like