Chips
Memory does not matter online, it will possibly help offline

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it matters and a lot, since it is a progressive game that you always have to follow up and remember how the rivals play, how you play and how to improve according to your past actions

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Memory

Very important as when I play against aggressive players that I know I stand my ground and some. This works as they know not to mess with me. Capo1014

I

irishka_nurlan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
player memory for playing poker

I believe that a strong poker player should have a good memory, remember the players at the table, their behavior, aggression

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a good memory is very important when playing poker.thinking, arithmetic and memory are important skills when playing.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Memory is very important to the game. Learning that the stove is hot if I touch it is a good thing.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we have a solid memory, how and when can we use it in poker?

Ideally, you don't want a good memory in poker. Once a hand ends, forget it. Don't let a previous hand influence a future one.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We have to remember our mistakes so we don't make them again, remembering what we studied is always good, remembering how our opponents play... Some yes and no, I think it's a lot to remember...
And sometimes because of the anxiety and adrenaline involved, when you're at the table, I can't remember anything sometimes, just focus on the game.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Does memory have downsides? I think the memory downsides are related to the badbeat. If we have a strong memory and can't get over the badbeat in a short time then we won't win anything and we'll lose all our money, it's good to forget that feeling:)

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
looking at some answers in this topic...I noticed that a good memory in poker has both positive and negative aspects...so let's practice the positive and forget the negative

Sirkiba

Sirkiba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it helps if you're playing multiple hands at the same table. At some point you get an idea of what ranges people are comfortable calling showdowns with and whether they bluff too much, call too much etc.

Even if the losing player mucks their hand you can still tell if it was a good or bad call.

k0k17

k0k17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Memory is my tool in poker, I remember my opponents' ranges and bluffs. For this, of course, there are notes, but still it is worth relying on memory. On ACR, I already know by heart some who will drag Ax to the river, expecting an ace)

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the better your memory the better u are at tables.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't think memory will help you with the cards, like others games, same as black jack and "pif" here in brazil. It will help you against your opponents, remember how they play makes you one step ahead of them.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course, memory is important, for example, I am against programs for collecting statistics - they do not level the advantage in memory,

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
obviously it does but i believe the use of a HUD can help with a lot of what you need to remember

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not believe it, I insist here you see some unlikely plays that makes me doubt but there are bots, this is simply a matter of luck and that there is not a hairy hand inside this

K

Kehzi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Learning and remembering your opponents playstyles and decisions and identifying their patterns is crucial to exploiting them and playing against them.

Of course, many online players can just use a HUD to handle this automatically.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

It serves to improve the game and not to make basic mistakes that occur due to anxiety or inexperience ... greetings and thanks obviously persevere and you will succeed ...

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wish I could say that it does, but really at my age my memory fails me at times so I have to say no. I do remember how to play the game so to me that's just enough.

Beatlebug

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey! Memory is the most important component for playing poker, when you participate in a hand you have to remember who is playing which hand and how, in order to catch your opponent on his weaknesses next time. You also need to remember your hands to analyze your own game.

Last edited:
Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Having a solid memory enables you to keep a good record on your opponents, their play style, their emotional state, how they've been doing throughout the session etc.

When you have that extra intel available you can make much better decisions at every stage of a poker hand.

In a game of imperfect information, the player who has access to the most information will tend to have the best results in the long run.

Hope that helps!