Do you usually show your cards ?

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rearly show my cards, I know someone can use this as a strategy, but I think if you play against good player and you are showing him cards often he can "read" you.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. I like the idea of making people pay for any information they get.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. No. I usually do not. Gives away range

mixer29

mixer29

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards. I want my opponents to suffer guessing what hand I had.
Dr. Evil :evil::D

X

xxDEADEYExx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is beneficial to show the cards in some occasions. It will help to distract the opponent. Some gets aggressive, some thinks you're rookie, some loose patience. So it all depends on the nature of the opponents. Feel free to try. ;)

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not usually do it because for me it is free information for others

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Why should I show my hand ?! To pay if he wants to see!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some times I will show a bluff if I feel it might cause a player to go on "Tilt" and call a big bet when I hold the nuts. But if they want to see the best hand it always costs them to see my cards,
There is nothing more gratifying than to show a big Bluff on the river in one hand and then playing exactly the same way on the very next hand when you have the Nuts.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

N

Nuketti

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes

Very rarely but sometimes when playing mind games.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

It is very rare that I show my cards after the hand, if I show them that they are good cards.
Cheers

N

noskilluk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In general play online I never show, but I play in a weekly 'home game' (moved online for obvious reasons) and I occasionally show there...

I try not to show too much, because as mentioned it gives too much away, but occasionally it's fun, either if you hit, or it's a cheeky bluff, or just showing one card when it doesn't give away what (if anything) you had :D

An example of the last one and limped in with 10-2 off, the 10 hit a straight and my river bet got the other guy to fold. So I showed the 2, which hit nothing, for the lols :p

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, because my playing style is rather easy to calculate, I don't want to give the opponent any additional information about my playing style. Of course, it can also be a tactic to show that you didn't bluff in order to create a tight image. Because of this, future bluffs are more likely to work. Or it can be a tactic to show your bluff. So you get more calls when you have a monster because your opponent thinks you are bluffing again. Or you want to weaken your opponent when you show him the bluff. If it was a big pot and your bluff against him was successful then he won't be able to forget this hand for a while and he will deviate from his A-Game.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't like to show, I don't like to give information to the village! few times I showed it and I already took advantage of many times who showed it.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I show it, but more often I don't.

J

Juli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards, even if it seems like a good idea at a given time.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't ever show my cards as it is just handing out information to others. I also don't put a lot of credence into the cards other players show because they are just trying to bluff their play/strategy . . . You can watch an online player for a short amount of time and generally figure out whether or not they have a sound strategy or not . . .

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not show it is not necessary, I keep it in the dark. If not an autopsy.

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Never Show my cards, to much Information about my play

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing, I often did it, so to speak, to show off if I could bluff or had a good hand. But then my mind took over and I stopped doing it))) I also disabled this feature in the poker rooms.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every now and then i do but it not something i like to do for free. If its aces and no1 calls, i might show. Or if i bluff some1, i might show to get em to call more often when im not bluffing. Good luck.:D

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
he never shows his cards, I don't think it changes anything. I am also not curious what the opponent had. I play mine and stick to it.