Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

Do you usually show the cards before returning them to the deck? I have read that sometimes it can be a good strategy to put rivals on tilt ...

Leave your comment here with the reasons why you do it (or not).

I do not usually do it because for me it is free information for others ....

Also, regarding the first sentence, it seems disrespectful to others, but hey, don't forget that you are reading a rookie's opinion.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play multible tables online, and I don’t want to be bothered by more clicks and decisions, than I need to. So I set up the software to always automatically muck my cards. I also don’t think, there are any real advantages to show cards online. I think, you are mostly just giving away free information.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... I've seen many players showing their cards ... but in my personal case I never show my cards ... I think that would give my opponents an advantage of being able to read my game strategy ... !

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually don't show my cards because it gives my opponents too much information. I sometimes make exceptions when I play against someone I like and I don't want to demoralize. I show him the max games to reassure him and show him that he made the right decision.

R

rcpeck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My general policy is to never show my cards, but I'll make a rare exception for an exceptionally bad beat, to show the villain how lucky they were.

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My general policy is to never show my cards, but I'll make a rare exception for an exceptionally bad beat, to show the villain how lucky they were.

I agree with what you said as well as when I have an exceptionally good hand. Usually quads or better.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I like the "pay to see them" deal. There are a few times I show my cards to show the people the bet if they want to get into it again. In that case there is usually a card or cards to be flipped.

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone.

Do you usually show the cards before returning them to the deck? I have read that sometimes it can be a good strategy to put rivals on tilt ...

Also, regarding the first sentence, it seems disrespectful to others, but hey, don't forget that you are reading a rookie's opinion.

I don't see the point of showing my hand. It doesn't change the way I play when I see opponents hands. It just another thing to worry about and I don't think its worth it.

S

Scottish77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always have auto muck on..no point giving away any info for free, if they want to see my cards they need to pay the price to do so

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Most say that it is not necessary to show, and I believe that this is the situation. Sometimes I like to annoy my opponent by going all-in with 7 2. If I have this problem with self-control then it will only be profitable for me. But be careful, overall I agree that cards do not need to be shown

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone.

i have but i dont think i should. i think the worst thing to do though is check aces . They draw out on you all the time:(

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost never show my cards, giving free information to other players is bad for your game. If you play against decent players then they can use against you, they can cache read on your way of playing. I show my cards only when I want to accomplish something with them, or to show respect to other player.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last time I do not show. I used to show after a bluff the next time I have a good hand, the opponent tried to test me.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As a rule I never show even if another player shows me their cards. Once in a while I'll show only if I think it will benefit my stack.

IanB603

IanB603

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards. I don’t want any of my opponents to know what cards I have. Whether I’m bluffing or have the nuts

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll rarely decide to show my cards, mostly doing it when I run a bluff with something like 72o. I find it helps to have a more aggressive image when I have a value hand :)

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show how it should be.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Showing

I guess it depends on the situation, I play a lot of cash games and have found that other players figure out pretty quickly that I play Tight/Aggressive, hence most times even a small raise preflop will get most to fold, hence in this situ I will pick a time and position to bluff with garbage and if I get to river I show, it helps remove my tight image and leads to bigger pots later on. Of course it also can backfire...

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reveal

some players inspire me to show a bluff, and in some cases its for a tilt response im cultivating.In any case more often i wont if i think it may reveal to much strategy.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
greetings from the European part of Russia, the homeland of Lenin Ulyanovsk ... I rarely but practice such tactics with new players always works showing strong hands they think you are just fooling around and you are bluffing and picking up a bank. I’ve usually been sober a couple of times when

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I rather not. It may exploit your playing a little bit.