Do you think some people are born with a gift for playing poker, like in other sports

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have to say yes. Not given skills, but the intelligence to learn and maintain important skills, such as the math and being able to remember knowledge that they can get from books and from their own experiences playing the game.

I'm not one of them. :)

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely, some people can read others' mind

N

nippurkaunas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no todo el mundo desarrolla la intuición

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
yes and no...yes u have to have a lot of patience and to make the corect decision , for example be laying down aces on a bad boar, to know when to fold and ...no by having a good finance ...to be rich ...and playing for instinct , wich sometimes and win u tournement ...?)

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that specifically for playing poker, no. But there are people who are more lucky than others and not necessarily in poker. In the lottery, dice, slot machines.

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as in any other field) there are pro and there are dullard)

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but those born with talent who work hard also end up being the best.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, Being Born With A Poker Talent Is A Thing...

But the other thing is that is just a start...

It could be one of many poker useful talents that you may be born with, or let's just say, it comes natural for you. It may be ... math skills? aggression skills? gut instinct skills? analysis skills? good memory? good judgement or risk/reward skills? or probably more importantly, a combination of all of the above, and other skills I have probably left out.

The fun thing about poker strategy, in my opinion, is that there is no one way to skin a poker cat... and of course, no matter what your innate skills are, supplementing them with studying and note taking can only help!

Best of Luck At The Tables All,

Teddy
K7xkCQG.png

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is something I have thought about a lot! I believe there are people out there who have a natural talent for poker just like in other sports. A great poker player or a pro poker player had to put in a lot of effort and work into becoming the great player that they are, just like in any other sport. I would say the answer is absolutely yes! However, there is more to it than natural talent!

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is something I have thought about a lot! I believe there are people out there who have a natural talent for poker just like in other sports. A great poker player or a pro poker player had to put in a lot of effort and work into becoming the great player that they are, just like in any other sport. I would say the answer is absolutely yes! However, there is more to it than natural talent!

I wanted to comment on the post and Gdubs13 said it all. I hope people don't mind I'm not adding anything.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, they were certainly born with the gift.

Good morning everyone, yes some people were born, with the gift to play.
I think that in my opinion they are people who have a good memory, like math, have a very good emotional balance and are people with above-average intelligence, these are the characteristics that I think people who were born with the gift of playing poker have .
It is clear that skill counts and it is included in the intelligence to make the correct plays, to know when to bluff.
All poker players have these characteristics and some have a % higher than others, the best players in the world, are players who know the theory and make correct plays most of the time.
To be the best player in the world in any sport it is necessary to be born with the gift, in my opinion just studying and practicing is not enough to be the best.

A

Afshin2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think like other professions we need some gift and special talents to be a contender , although nobody neglect hard work and experience and dedication

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If there are any then i doubt i've yet to see them here (with few exceptions ofcourse) ... :rolleyes:

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been thinking recently about the large number of players that have emerged in recent years, and how good they are. I know this is because of the great boom of online poker, the quick lit information, anyway, things we all know, however, I was curious if you guys believe that there are people who are born with this supernatural talent.
I believe not, that learning comes with many years of study, but some say that in addition to the study, there are people who really seem to have been born for poker.
What's your opinion?

Yep, quick with numbers, good at logic, good with puzzles, patience, all these traits help people become great poker players.

We can be born with some of them but more importantly they can be trained at a young age which makes it easier to make use of them as we get older :)

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You learn if you study poker more

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
no, i think they build the skills!!

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that its not really a "poker talent",i think its more like what are you mentally.Its really important if you are patient and stable,then you will have success in poker,as well as ofcourse math skills and calculating opponent s moves and anticipating them.Also its important to be born with a certain type of gut feeling.

Goku55

Goku55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course there are people that pickup games faster than others but at the same time there are some aspects of luck in the game. I feel like the only difference in poker players are rec and pro players.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that there are people who are more fortunate!

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The short answer would be yes, most assuredly. Some people just have the ability to read the situations as they arise. That ability can make that player hard to play against because they seem to have a second sense when a tough spot comes about.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I believe. I think there are persons who born to be an artist or a sportsman, there are persons that born to be good with numbers and math, so, they will have more chances to be good at poker.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think some are "born with it", and just like all sports there can be some excellent players that put in the effort. Of course like sports, if you are born with that bit extra you should still have an edge. But with poker, luck can help you out for some short comings in your game.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are people who are able to learn faster and with less effort than other. If you consider this as gift or talent so be it. Difference with the sports though is that even if you don't learn so fast or so easy like other players you can still achieve the same (or even better) results in poker by investing more time and efforts from your side while in sports (at least physical ones) there are some limits that you can't overcome no matter how hard you train.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars