Do you think some people are born with a gift for playing poker, like in other sports

Papadejro

Papadejro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was watching an interview with one of the Polish online poker players and he said that if he would explain the rules of poker to the interviewer, he would beat him 30% of the time.

I think that some people wpuld have naturally higher percentage.
My colleague had a gift for bluffing for example. That the advantage in poker right?

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I guess some ppl are natural card players, but like anything if they want to excel in what they are gifted in, they still need practice and years of experience.
I agree with you, there are natural card players who understand the game on a subconscious level, and there are those who just love the game.

IllDaShystee

IllDaShystee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I believe that experience in life develops certain skills which can be applied in different aspects of life.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are people who working hard on poker and there are some people who don't need to work on skills, it depends all of talent

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are certainly people who are more dedicated or who find it easier to learn to play. So yes, being a good poker player can be easier for some people.

P

pockerman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No poker is mostly luck some players are better then others but poker is a game of luck

In one way yes, but players who count on luck never get good results in long range, so seems it’s not just luck game

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not believe that. You get good at poker by developing skills in math, statistics or inner "gut fieling".

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Yes this is like any other things? That some are born to be good at certain things from beginning

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some players do have good mental ability to embrace variance and not let bad beats or downswings affect their play. So I do feel some players have a natural edge/gift for poker.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well I think It's pretty much as Gary Player said...."the harder I work the luckier I get !!"

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
No, I think that anyone can learn to play poker well.
There would be a desire and a lot free time

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think is not a matter of being borned with this gift. In poker is two angles of approach, depending on your goals. One, playing for fun, not risking a lot of money, wich is more of a gamble player. Two, playing for performance, to reach the highest possible level of understanding the game, wich is more of a strategy combined with psychology player. Any player who understand this, regardless of his characteristic style of playing and goals, is a gifted poker player. :wink:

Last edited:
dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do think that it needs talent, but we human are capable of doing everything on the highest level, just the matter of time and impact. :)

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Genetics is usually a very important factor. But in general, I think that patience, discipline, perseverance and the ability to achieve goals are the basis for success in any field.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
i think poker is the one that you are not born with it unlike in athletes, you need to study the game, it's a plus if you are good in math

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been thinking recently about the large number of players that have emerged in recent years, and how good they are. I know this is because of the great boom of online poker, the quick lit information, anyway, things we all know, however, I was curious if you guys believe that there are people who are born with this supernatural talent.
I believe not, that learning comes with many years of study, but some say that in addition to the study, there are people who really seem to have been born for poker.
What's your opinion?
Yes, of course. There are people out there who are naturally deceptive.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Different sports require different predispositions, but with hard work, training and practice, you can also reach your goals.

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This assumption also cannot be rejected, but the natural predisposition specifically to poker has not yet been studied.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars