Ask Me Anything (Dusty Schmidt aka Leatherass in the well)

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well Congrats are in order...Um actually came across this Video of yours on YouTube...And Found it to really just answer most of the Questions I was just thinking...For the rest who haven't seen the Video (Hope you don't mind me posting it in here)...

Here's the video

YouTube- Leatherass Q&A

Btw if it's already been Posted I apologize but there's just no Way I can look/Go through all those pages...

Last edited:
ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on cashing in W.S.O.P. :party: Also hows the coaching going with SKELMR ?????

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dusty it was nice to meet you the other day at the Rio. I hope you were able to sell a ton of books and that you are enjoying the games and I wish you good luck in any tourney you enter.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just tried to watch one of your Drag the Bar vids and found myself distracted by the multi-screen display where you do NOT have yourself auto centered at the table.

It was a 6 max , 4screen vid, and I wonder why you haven't chosen to fix your relative spot on the tables. Seems a no brainer to me. But then I have been accused of having less than no brain........

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dusty,

1) What's the most hands you've played in a day ??

2) Is there days you play with the Hud turned off??

3) How's the W.S.O.P. going for you so far??

4) Will you put your buy-in allin preflop in a 6 man cash game with
:ah4: :ac4: ?
:ks4: :kd4: ?
:qs4: :qc4: ?
:as4: :kd4: ?
:ac4: :kc4: ?
:ah4: :qd4: ?
Thanks Chris

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dear Cardschat members,

My name is Dusty Schmidt and I go by the online handle, "Leatherass." I play the high stakes games online at Poker Stars and Full Tilt Poker under the screen name "Leatherass9." I just released a new book last week called Treat Your Poker Like A Business. It is available at http://www.dustyschmidt.net for anyone who is interested.

For a period of at least 3 weeks, I will be taking any and all questions of any kind. If you have read the book and would like to ask me something about it, definitely feel free. Questions won't be confined to being about the book. You are free to ask me anything under the sun. I am pretty liberal about what I will answer, but if it is something too personal that I would prefer not to answer, I may choose to take a pass.

It has been my understanding that Cardschat.com is one of the best poker forums on the internet and I am excited to be a part of this. I really look forward to taking your questions. So feel free to ask me anything.

Best,

Dusty Schmidt
Dusty, what is your advice on how best to play "heads-up" in NLHE?

Also, suggestions on how best to play upon reaching the Final Table and there are these situations:

- 7-9 other players
- 4-7 other players
- 2-4 other players

J

jimbob04

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
cheers
happy.gif
happy.gif

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, dusty i watched all of your vids on the party poker big game and i have a few questions

1. why did you try to represent a strong hand by re-raising with 95?

2. how does it feel to play with camera's filming you?

3. how did you fare after 48 hours and are you doing other shows?

thanks for your time,

Isaac

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is it that you have never had a losing month? What makes you that great? Sorry if this has been asked already.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just want to add a brief note about Dusty here. I met him last week in Vegas - he was kind enough to invite me to dinner with a handful of others from DTB. It was great to meet him and he is really a cool guy and they all had me laughing all through dinner. The guys at DTB are a good bunch of people and we are lucky to have Dusty and them here at CC.

Thanks for the dinner Dusty - and for turning me onto that cool drink. It's a shame they only make them there. You need to remind me what was in it so I can try to make them at home.

flipflops_n_shades

flipflops_n_shades

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your book was pretty good but you should have included more strategy.

iamhukleberry

iamhukleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have dustys book I am about halway thru it..it is pretty inquisitive and has some awsom insite into poker and how to make a living at it..

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I was wondering do you play 9 player ring games different then the way you play 6 player ring games or do you play your hands the sam???

Honestly this is too generic of a question for me to answer.

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congo-Rats on your WSOP cash in Event #26 (23rd out of 1,245).. are playing in any more events at this years WSOP? Are you playing in the Main Event?

I played the main event and busted quickly. I only had that one cash, so I was a small loser for the wsop events.

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on cashing in W.S.O.P. :party: Also hows the coaching going with SKELMR ?????

He just had the best month of his career last month, so I would say all is going well with that.

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dusty it was nice to meet you the other day at the Rio. I hope you were able to sell a ton of books and that you are enjoying the games and I wish you good luck in any tourney you enter.

Great meeting you too.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just tried to watch one of your Drag the Bar vids and found myself distracted by the multi-screen display where you do NOT have yourself auto centered at the table.

It was a 6 max , 4screen vid, and I wonder why you haven't chosen to fix your relative spot on the tables. Seems a no brainer to me. But then I have been accused of having less than no brain........

I use that feature sometimes, but it really makes no difference to me.

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dusty,

1) What's the most hands you've played in a day ??

2) Is there days you play with the Hud turned off??

3) How's the W.S.O.P. going for you so far??

4) Will you put your buy-in allin preflop in a 6 man cash game with
:ah4: :ac4: ?
:ks4: :kd4: ?
:qs4: :qc4: ?
:as4: :kd4: ?
:ac4: :kc4: ?
:ah4: :qd4: ?
Thanks Chris

1. Around 25k

2. yes

3. Was a small loser in WSOP events this year

4. Not nearly enough information to answer this question.

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dusty, what is your advice on how best to play "heads-up" in NLHE?

Also, suggestions on how best to play upon reaching the Final Table and there are these situations:

- 7-9 other players
- 4-7 other players
- 2-4 other players

I've been saying it a bunch lately, but this is simply too generic of a question.

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, dusty i watched all of your vids on the party poker big game and i have a few questions

1. why did you try to represent a strong hand by re-raising with 95?

2. how does it feel to play with camera's filming you?

3. how did you fare after 48 hours and are you doing other shows?

thanks for your time,

Isaac

1. I had been getting dealt a lot of garbage and thought I would make an image play. If called, I had position and figure to have a huge post flop edge on Lawrence, the woman I raised.

2. Once I sat at the table, that was about the last I thought about it. Didn't bother me at all.

3. I only played 6 hours, but I did do 24 hours of commentary which should start airing soon.

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is it that you have never had a losing month? What makes you that great? Sorry if this has been asked already.

I am very disciplined is the main thing. When you play so much volume, it is hard to lose over the course of a month given my edge in the games I play

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just want to add a brief note about Dusty here. I met him last week in Vegas - he was kind enough to invite me to dinner with a handful of others from DTB. It was great to meet him and he is really a cool guy and they all had me laughing all through dinner. The guys at DTB are a good bunch of people and we are lucky to have Dusty and them here at CC.

Thanks for the dinner Dusty - and for turning me onto that cool drink. It's a shame they only make them there. You need to remind me what was in it so I can try to make them at home.

Great meeting you! I had a great time and wish I didn't have to leave early. I hope you are well and we'll have to do it again next summer.