Ask Me Anything (Dusty Schmidt aka Leatherass in the well)

joe steady

joe steady

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Here is that cocktail:

BOA 405. Vodka, fresh strawberry, fresh lemon sour, simple syrup, balsamic vinaigrette, cracked black pepper.

O.K., I like all of the ingredients by themselves, and some of them combined, but who came up with this? Is this a big glass drink or shot? Was food served with it? How many can you drink?

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I made those drinks on Saturday night. They are the creation of the mixologist at the BOA Steakhouse in Caesar's Forum. I actually called the bar and they told me how much of each thing to use.

My first one had too much balsamic vinegarette in it - and maybe a bit too much lemon sour. The second one was much better -but I don't think I will ever get them as good as they are there. I also had to blend mine with the ice in a blender which they don't do so I am missing something in the process of making them.

They are served in margarita glasses and we had them with dinner. I think I had 2 but I could probably handle 3 of them hehe. Maybe 4.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Originally Posted by Leatherass

Here is that cocktail:

BOA 405. Vodka, fresh strawberry, fresh lemon sour, simple syrup, balsamic vinaigrette, cracked black pepper.

I made those drinks on Saturday night. They are the creation of the mixologist at the BOA Steakhouse in Caesar's Forum. I actually called the bar and they told me how much of each thing to use.

My first one had too much balsamic vinegarette in it - and maybe a bit too much lemon sour. The second one was much better -but I don't think I will ever get them as good as they are there. I also had to blend mine with the ice in a blender which they don't do so I am missing something in the process of making them.

They are served in margarita glasses and we had them with dinner. I think I had 2 but I could probably handle 3 of them hehe. Maybe 4.

Vinegar in a drink.. it simultaneously intrigues and repulses me.

I probably will try and make these!

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's the recipe for my favorite drink...

Take 1 part Budweiser and add 11 more parts Budweiser, chill and serve.

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could probably skip the simple syrup and use a balsamic reduction in it's place.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's the recipe for my favorite drink...

Take 1 part Sam Adams and add 11 more parts Sam Adams, chill and serve.

There. Much better. Anything else I can do to help, just let me know. :D

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No questions Dusty but I just wanted to say that I have the greatest respect for you - from what I've seen your an excellent poker player, and this thread proves you're a great guy :)

Looking forward to Stars eventually getting their act together and allowing us Brits to buy your book with FPPs!

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There. Much better. Anything else I can do to help, just let me know. :D

No kidding, they make that beer look absolutely amazing on the commercials. So I picked up one of their 6 packs of random beer. I thought I was gonna yak! I really don't have the taste buds for dark beer. It wasn't the worst dark beer I ever tasted, but still bad. Give me my Bud and I'll be a happy camper... and it's cheaper.

(/end thread derail)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No kidding, they make that beer look absolutely amazing on the commercials. So I picked up one of their 6 packs of random beer. I thought I was gonna yak! I really don't have the taste buds for dark beer. It wasn't the worst dark beer I ever tasted, but still bad. Give me my Bud and I'll be a happy camper... and it's cheaper.
I only drink their Boston Lager, haven't tried their darker beers. But living 3 years in germany back in the late 80's/early 90's, I grew to love dark beers -- Dunkle Weisen was my favorite, as black as a Diet Coke. Pretty potent stuff too. After returning to the US, I could never get back into US mainstream beers like Bud. Might as well drink water. I tried a Bud Lite with Lime recently after a friend raved about how awesome it was. I think water with lime has more taste, probably even more kick, LOL. I do like a Heineken though when I can't find a SA.

(/end thread derail)
Not so fast. I have to get the last word in. :p

/end thread derail

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No questions Dusty but I just wanted to say that I have the greatest respect for you - from what I've seen your an excellent poker player, and this thread proves you're a great guy :)

Looking forward to Stars eventually getting their act together and allowing us Brits to buy your book with FPPs!

Hey thanks man! Appreciate it! I think you are going to get your wish about the book. No promises, but I've been talking to them and it looks good for getting the book in the UK soon.

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am now going over my key hands of the day on youtube in great detail. I blabber on for several minutes per hand, so there is plenty of detail. So basically free poker instruction for anyone interested. Check it out here if you are interested: http://dustyschmidt.net/2010/07/584/

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also. Enjoy your cocktails everyone! Love the 1 part budweiser and 11 more parts budweiser haha.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hey thanks man! Appreciate it! I think you are going to get your wish about the book. No promises, but I've been talking to them and it looks good for getting the book in the UK soon.

Good news, hate to think us Brits wouldn't be allowed to know the secrets too lol :D

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dusty,

I just wanted to join the multitudes in thanking you for creating this thread and participating as you have. Your example has inspired me to take my poker seriously and to actively learn more about the game.

Thank you for your contributions to this forum and to online poker generally.

BTW: I really liked the hand of the day video.

Good luck at the tables.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Dusty,
Really appreicate you being here at CC and am learning alot.

Ive never played alot of cash games. But after reading and agreeing with so many of your threads I decided to buckle down and 4-Table at the .05/.10 (9 person) enough to buy your Book from PS. After the grind I pretty much broke even in cash but did achieve my goal to get the book. (Great book by the way)

My question is this... I work 40-50 hours a week and have two kids. On a good week I play maybe 10-15 hours. With this limited time do you still think cash games are the direction to go?

Ive had little luck turning a profit at cash but have been able to play the Double or Nothing's enough to fund playing MTT's that I enjoy. The MTT's do have high Variance but I have been able to take a vacation or two on these winnings. However after reading your book Im no longer going to cash out after a win like I have in the past. Im sitting on a BR of under $300 at this time and want to use my limited time to it's fullest potential.

Anyways thank you for your time and just looking for a little advice for someone who is pulling maybe 2500 hands a month but really enjoys the game.

Last edited:
nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^^^
Hey Dusty,
I actually just finished chapter 34 in your book which covers Cash vs. Tournaments and it kind of answered my question to the above post. Still would entertain any suggestions on what you'd do with a limited time constraint.

Thanks

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dusty,

I just wanted to join the multitudes in thanking you for creating this thread and participating as you have. Your example has inspired me to take my poker seriously and to actively learn more about the game.

Thank you for your contributions to this forum and to online poker generally.

BTW: I really liked the hand of the day video.

Good luck at the tables.

I'm glad you are liking the hand of the day that I am doing. I am having fun doing it as well and I am certain I will be putting them up frequently for a long time.

Thanks for the post!

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For all of those who have been asking, poker stars just began carrying my book Treat Your Poker Like A Business, again today! They priced it really nicely at only 1,900 FPP's. Anyway, if you have a few points lying around, and were interested in picking up a copy, it's available to you now.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For all of those who have been asking, Poker Stars just began carrying my book Treat Your Poker Like A Business, again today! They priced it really nicely at only 1,900 FPP's. Anyway, if you have a few points lying around, and were interested in picking up a copy, it's available to you now.

I can't see it in the store? I'm from the UK fwiw. I was considering grinding out the points for it over on stars.

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't see it in the store? I'm from the UK fwiw. I was considering grinding out the points for it over on stars.

It will be in the store for UK players in a week or two at most. I hope you enjoy it!!

smurray139

smurray139

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoyed it very much Dusty. I have recommended it to my pals. An enjoyable read.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dusty, are you at all concerned that nanonoko is now arguably overtaking you as the ultimate grinder?

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dusty, are you at all concerned that nanonoko is now arguably overtaking you as the ultimate grinder?

No offence to Dusty but IMO nanonoko is the best grinder there has ever been.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No offence to Dusty but IMO nanonoko is the best grinder there has ever been.

I agree, he's just super sick.