Ask Me Anything (Dusty Schmidt aka Leatherass in the well)

L

Leatherass

DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dusty, are you at all concerned that nanonoko is now arguably overtaking you as the ultimate grinder?

Nano is a beast and has all of my respect as a player and a grinder. I don't measure myself against others really, but rather what I expect out of myself. The fact that Nano is doing so well is irrelevant to my goals. I am happy for him.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dusty,

I finally got your book (from PS with points :) ) and it is fantastic. I gave it a quick initial read and am now going back and making detailed notes.

A couple of questions:

1. Since hours played is a vital metric how do you track it? Do you set a timer while playing or just note the time after a session?

2. Do you cut sessions short if they are not going well or do you "put in the hour's" regardless in order to get in your time?

3. When is "Raise" coming out?

As always, thanks for all of you contributions to this forum.

Bill

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dusty, I just wanted to let you know how great I think your bi-monthly articles are in CardPlayer magazine. These days when I get the magazine I go to your column first. I don't know how you do it, but each one has spoken directly to something about the game that I had been thinking about. Keep up the great work :)

L

Lofwyr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Necrobump! Heh, spent ~1 month slowly reading this whole thread!

Hey Dusty, got your book a while ago and enjoyed it. Once I have my new semesters schedule I'll have to sit down and write out a time chart to see what kind of hours I can realistically commit.

I want to know what your take on the recent poker legislation talk is? Are you hoping this legislation with the 15 month (+2 yr stars ban) goes through? What do you plan to do during the blackout if it happens (live play)?

Also, of the cash game shows that have been produced, which ones do you recommend the most? Which ones feature the highest quality play?

L

LDS85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where is Dusty now? I see he's not a stars pro anymore :(