SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Or is everyone just chasing the dream? Like who likes playing lol.

I really love playing too. Of course there are days when I wish I hadn't bothered.

But then I think about what I did wrong and want to get back playing again to try and improve.

I might be wrong but I don't think there are many struggling gambling addicts playing the game as a percentage of the number of players playing on all the different sites. Especially at the microstakes!So I don't think this should be something to concern yourself with!

If you feel bad about taking peoples money, and have enough profit, consider giving a small percentage to charity? :)

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to see people like playing the game. Maybe just me who is fed up with it.

Might just be I'm fed up with these sites and there angle shoots too lol.

Can't tell.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you dont enjoy playing, then at least take a break. This is the reason, why I am not a big fan of "going pro". If you HAVE to play to pay bills and so, poker can quickly become "just another job", which you kind of hate but need to do anyway :)

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Work as work, nothing out of the ordinary.
Somehow you need to make money

S

sttttttup75

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really love playing too. Of course there are days when I wish I hadn't bothered.

But then I think about what I did wrong and want to get back playing again to try and improve.

I might be wrong but I don't think there are many struggling gambling addicts playing the game as a percentage of the number of players playing on all the different sites. Especially at the microstakes!So I don't think this should be something to concern yourself with!

If you feel bad about taking peoples money, and have enough profit, consider giving a small percentage to charity? :)
Same here I just go with the follow these days

S

sttttttup75

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For the record (now that I've slept)..

I LOVE poker! :love:

It isn't without pitfalls and dangers but, that's life.. :wink:

Horses for courses.... Anyway, why can't you busk and play mtt's at the same time? [emoji3]

I've thought about doing exactly that but not quite good enough on the guitar yet, haha..
Love it too good luck

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I thought you were asking the question sincerely and after reading the replies still think the question valid.

I think I have made a similar point in other threads, that there is a sort of denial in general when it comes to poker. We all can win a hand or a session and feel elated. Yet the reality is statistics show the majority of poker players are losing. Few make a steady income and even fewer end up as professionals. So there is patently an attraction (addiction/compulsion) to poker which keeps us all returning with the desire to beat the game - and one might as well say Lady Luck for most.

As most gamblers admit a certain 'high' derived from the gamble itself I presume we're all addicted to this high to one degree or another. But I think it a more than valid question to ask if we are happy playing it? Many, no doubt, would shoot back 'yes I am' but if most looked at the issue in a deeper way I am sure several would end up questioning their involvement a bit more.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's nice to win money, but the amounts I play for are not life-changing. I play because I enjoy the intellectual challenge.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with playing Poker, regardless of whether I win or not, does not change the fact that degens are going to come on sites and lose copious amounts of money.

Even if they only played against other degens they are going to lose all there money to rake anyways.

So I have decided it's fine to play. I am probably going to donate some of my winnings to charity to balance out the universes equilibrium though.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest i don,t like it. It was interesting at the beginning, but right now over all this years, after you underdstand more, how it,s all working in online, it,s not so interesting, as it was at the beginning.
And also right now this is really more difficult to win in poker, because lots of people can play good and you need to be patiend and play really well.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do I like poker? No...I love poker :)

I actually never had any "dreams" associated with it though. The more I play, then the more "dreams" I seem to be getting closer to thinking about though. I don't know, I guess everyone is different - but for me it isn't about the money or chasing some dream - it really is about the game :cool:

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that everyone dreams of a big drift, but without love, you can hardly play poker for long!

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker love!

I really like poker, this game is a masterpiece created!!!But in addition to poker, I also like dota,which is just as dynamic and brilliant as it is)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Of course. I wouldn't bother with it if I didn't.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am obviously playing for fun not to make big money, to make big money of poker u have to study a lot and put time into the game not just playing. You can't just only play poker and get to high stakes, there is a learning part of the game too.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i love it, i hate it also. But for sure i'm addicted to it.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I did not like playing online poker then I would not be here. Better chance of winning the lottery than making a fortune playing poker though.

My opinion is the same, why play what you don't like. Moreover, playing games that you don't like can lead to financial losses.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love playing poker. I play everyday. I don't think I would as much if I were paying to play. freerolls make all the difference in the world.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't imagine that I do something what I don't like. If I play poker, it means that I like it.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think it is a pretty safe bet to say, almost everyone here on CardsChat is here because they love the game of poker. This is pretty much recreational players. Now, of course, I won't say 100% of players are rec players, there a few pros scattered in, this is a huge forum. I forget how many registered users but it is a big bunch.

The truth is even pro players need to love the game or they will quickly burn out. You cannot play and or study 16 hours a day for years unless you LOVE poker. It seems from some questions that people think, all I need to do is sit in front of the computer for X number of hours and I will begin to print money, sadly, it just doesn't work that way. My advice ??? Play poker, if you enjoy the game, play more, begin to find a way to improve your game. Study and play more, and so on and so on.:D

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just played a tournament for 3 and a half hours, 20 people left before the prizes and I got AA. Zero odds against K9. Why should I love this game? I only play it for money. I hate poker. If I loved poker, I would play the playmoney.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hesitated to respond here this post is 4 months old :eek:

The only reason I play is so I don't have to go busk infront of liquor stores with my guitar.

I'm feeling like maybe I should just go back to busking though lol.
be careful some of those tomatoes can really sting :p
Good to see people like playing the game. Maybe just me who is fed up with it.

Might just be I'm fed up with these sites and there angle shoots too lol.

Can't tell.
when you get some skills you will enjoy it much more ;)
poker and busking :p
for the record though no one loses money playing here ;)
I just played a tournament for 3 and a half hours, 20 people left before the prizes and I got AA. Zero odds against K9. Why should I love this game? I only play it for money. I hate poker. If I loved poker, I would play the playmoney.
yes you may even join a freeroll site and play freerolls every nite :p
wheres the password :rolleyes::eek:

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I love this game <3 I have always loved cards. Bridge, Euchre, Asshole (it is a game here at least :p ) Cribbage etc.....but poker satisfies that need in me and there is always someone up for a game somewhere :)
I love it when I win. I love it when I loose. I love the layers of different plays and I can read people really well :p Which unfortunately helps more on in person games over online play.
THEN I FOUND CARDSCHAT <3(sorry for yelling) This community + poker is like the tenth level of awesome poker games <3

Top 10 Games